My new car!

Smooth Operator

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice SO. we've just got a 'new' car, well not new but new to us!! :lol: Its a few years old, a Renualt Laguna, really good nick, our mate owns a garage so we only paid £300 for it! Bargain :finger: I really like it, its quiet, smooth and very comfortable :finger:

Anyway, last night we were in some busy lanes at a T junction when the woman in front of us driving her huge people carrier thingy, decided she was stuck too far out in the road and reversed back into us :angry: Luckily no damage as our bumper sticks out quite a way, what was funny though was hubby couldnt find the horn in the heat of the moment as its not where the old one was, so ended up thumping the airbag and shouting obsenities out the window instead ;):blush:

Ah the L200.  I had one of them beasties.  I cant tell if its the new shape or not?  I prefer the old like.

162744[/snapback]

It's the old shape which i prefer too, the gap between the wheel arch and the tyres on the new shape model looks daft I reckon.

I got a lift in one of those luxury 4x4s the other day. After my ranting the other week, I must say they're a comfortable ride (it helps when you're 4 feet off the ground though).

Of course, the driver was a BT manager who lived in the outer London suburbs, and the only holidays he ever took were city breaks. But he gave us a lift all the way to Stanstead so I'll let him off.

What do you need a pick-up for?

162796[/snapback]

Have you not seen the mountainous terrain in newcastle these days. Bad enough when lasses drove them to sainsburys but for blokes. . . . .

screams i have a small penis tbh :lol:

screams i have a small penis tbh  :lol:

162883[/snapback]

I'm not sure SMO's choice of car says anything about your tackle. I think you have a complex about it, certainly the only thing about you that is.

screams i have a small penis tbh  :lol:

162883[/snapback]

I'm not sure SMO's choice of car says anything about your tackle. I think you have a complex about it, certainly the only thing about you that is.

162885[/snapback]

;):finger: :finger:

The homo-eroticism on this board is obscene! Craig, dotbum, wacky, SO, Gol etc. Your like the internet versions of the jocks from 80s american tv shows.

'Dont take the piss out of my friends penis, its you with the small penis!.'

'huh huh huh, good one dude'

'i know, huh huh huh.'

I guarantee if i posted a picture of that as my new car there would be hell on. But not SO. He obviously lives in on top of a hill in that 3 bedroom semi and he needs his car to get to work.

The homo-eroticism on this board is obscene! Craig, dotbum, wacky, SO, Gol etc. Your like the internet versions of the jocks from 80s american tv shows.

162896[/snapback]

TBH you were the one who brought up cocks.

Proof men drive 4x4s in bid to look macho

Daily Express, 4th August 2005

Men who drive imposing 4x4s are insecure about their masculinity, according to a new study.

Research showed men were more likely to buy one of the controversial gas guzzlers after being told they had "weak" male characteristics.

Psychologist Robb Willer said owning a 4x4 was a classic display of macho behaviour to over-compensate for a slight on their masculinity.

Many of the men whose masculinity was questioned went on to voice greater support for the Iraq war and made efforts to denounce gays.

The study could help explain the 4x4 phenomenon, with sales soaring from just 27,022 in 1990 to 179,439 last year. This year, sales are already up to 93,988 and well on the way to a new record.

Researchers sent out a "gender identity" survey to 111 men and women who were sent feedback that their responses indicated a masculine or a feminine identity.

Dr Willer of New York's Cornell University, said as men were made insecure about their masculinity, they became more willing to buy a 4x4 over another vehicle.

But Paul Watters, head of road policy for the AA Motoring Trust, argued: "A lot of 4x4s are driven by mothers on the school run in cities and towns."

"There is also a feeling that 4x4s are being stigmatised when they are often a lifestyle and fashion choice."

Oh well if it was in the Daily Express it must be true, next headline they'll be running is that Princess Diana was hit by a 4x4 driven by a HIV infected homosexual asylum seeker.

But Paul Watters, head of road policy for the AA Motoring Trust, argued: "A lot of 4x4s are driven by mothers on the school run in cities and towns."

"There is also a feeling that 4x4s are being stigmatised when they are often a lifestyle and fashion choice."

162904[/snapback]

That's why they are being stigmatised though, because these are not really reasons for owning a 4x4 truck that can drive up mountains.

Edited by luckyluke

Rather than their ability's to climb mountains etc, some people actually prefer the ride of a 4x4, although my 4x4 is a people carrier I prefer the high seated drive and find it more comfortable than a traditional saloon.

but I do have a small penis so perhaps I'm not the best example !

:lol:

What do you need a pick-up for?

162796[/snapback]

Have you not seen the mountainous terrain in newcastle these days. Bad enough when lasses drove them to sainsburys but for blokes. . . . .

screams i have a small penis tbh :lol:

162883[/snapback]

Seriously though, why would you buy one unless you worked in construction or agriculture? Or unless you were into adventure sports?

I'm not even sure that L-200's are four wheel drive, but if you were used to Audi's and Lexus I imagine they're shit to drive.