This almost went without mention today

Craig

....but happy birthday Toontastic - one year old today!!

Well done all, it wouldn't have worked without your efforts :lol:

Cool. I remember the time when ToonChat first broke down, and there were temp boards popping up all over the place. Great to see a bit of stability ;)

Anyway it's been a great effort from those that set up TT from nothing, and I'm proud to have been a part of it so far :lol:

Big thanks to Craig and Gol for making it happen in the first place, I think most of us remember the union of Toonchat and the Howaythetoon boards and feeling that it was a mistake and was a marriage of convenience rather than necessity, it simply didn't work despite hard work on some parts.

I think on the most part, despite some initial bickering this board has been a worthwhile venture, and even though some of the mods etc don't have the nerdish talents of Craig and Gol, we've done what we can to make this board what it is......

....a sarcastic pisstake of the world as we know it !

tbh

Christ on a bike

etc....

A year? ;):finger:

Anyway, thanks everyone, i have tried a few toon forums over the years but though it took a while, at last i feel i've finally settled on just this one now. I dont really look at any others. Thanks admin, mods and you folk in general for helping me waste hours of my time!! :lol:

Thats it, suck up time over now :finger:

Guest Toplass-101

Flipin ek, I missed our own birthday.

birthdaycard.gif

I'd not even been onto a forum before I joined TT, I have made a lot of friends here, and I love it! Everyone who contributes has made this place GREAT! we are fantastic!

xx

Have to agree with Linzi here and refer back to conversations with a couple of people last weekend who felt the same.. it's one of those things where you've 'made friends' on the forum and even if you haven't met in person it's like you really have... if that makes sense... in a clique-ey perpetual way....

Toontastic is a great place. i dont even bother posting on NO anymore.

163045[/snapback]

Thats cos you are permanently banned of course.............. :lol:;):finger:

I post on both and its interesting how they have diverged

Unfortunately I think a lot of the best posters have been lost to both boards after the split

I was a forum virgin up until posting on Toontastic. I used to think only nerds and those looking for lurve used these things.

163434[/snapback]

Which one are you then? :lol:

Toontastic was the first board I posted on, albeit the original version four years ago.

If it wasn't for the likes of me and Wacky this board would have folded like a cheap hooker who'd been punched in the stomach or like Howaythetoon take your pick!

I am responsible for giving this board global recognition from the Bizarre thread. Bow down before me my faithful hoardes, well all apart from Meenzer and J69. :lol:

Edited by Smooth Operator

Guest Toplass-101
If it wasn't for the likes of me and Wacky this board would have folded like a cheap hooker who'd been punched in the stomach or like Howaythetoon take your pick!

I am responsible for giving this board global recognition from the Bizarre thread. Bow down before me my faithful hoardes, well all apart from Meenzer and J69.  :lol:

163826[/snapback]

rockkitty.gif

:lol: