Mother, aged 12, arrested pissed on night out

Jimbo

Mother, 12, arrested on night out

A 12-year-old girl who last month became Scotland's youngest mother has been arrested after a night out.

The girl, from West Lothian, who has not been named, was detained on Sunday 16 July following a drunken incident.

Lothian and Borders Police said the girl was arrested for a breach of the peace. A report will be send to the Reporter to the Children's Panel.

The girl became pregnant aged 11 after having sex with a 15-year-old on a night out in Edinburgh last August.

Background reports

Both the girl and the child have since been put into foster care.

The authorities were called in following reports that the girl smoked up to 20 cigarettes a day and started drinking at the age of 10.

The 15-year-old boy admitted a charge of having underage sex at the High Court in Edinburgh last week, having been previously accused of rape.

Sentencing for the youth was deferred to 25 August for background reports.

Previously accused of statutory rape against her. This story is ancient!

163299[/snapback]

No its not, she was only recently arrested for being pissed.

FFS, the story about her being Birtains youngest mother is ancient. The CPS was going for stautory rape against the 15 year old lad but its been dropped to a lesser offence now.

163330[/snapback]

Calm down.

FFS, the story about her being Birtains youngest mother is ancient. The CPS was going for stautory rape against the 15 year old lad but its been dropped to a lesser offence now.

163330[/snapback]

Calm down.

163351[/snapback]

Don't know why he's getting so hett up. Especially when he's wrong.

It might be an old story, but the fact remains, the underage lad is getting done when 2 underage individuals had a consensual little bit of it?

Edited by Happy Face

The story of her pregnancy is ancient, but the story of her arrest for being pissed was only this week, which seems to have whooshed some folk.

Lets just say that fame ahsn't caused her to change eh?

Looking at me Tarot cards I see a conviction for shoplifiting at Netto on the horizon.........................

163330[/snapback]

Calm down.

163351[/snapback]

It might be an old story, but the fact remains, the underage lad is getting done when 2 underage individuals had a consensual little bit of it?

163353[/snapback]

so theres nothing wrong with a 15 year old fucking an 11 year old, smashed out of her skull and getting her pregnant. Wel see if you feel the same if you ever have a daughter?

163330[/snapback]

Calm down.

163351[/snapback]

163353[/snapback]

so theres nothing wrong with a 15 year old fucking an 11 year old, smashed out of her skull and getting her pregnant. Wel see if you feel the same if you ever have a daughter?

163374[/snapback]

Her parent was quite proud iirc.

Still doesnt make it right. every paedo in waiting would have a field day. where do you draw the line? 15 + 10 year old? 14 + 9 year old?

Fucking an 11 year old is against the law and wrong whichever way you look at it!

Still doesnt make it right. every paedo in waiting would have a field day. where do you draw the line? 15 + 10 year old? 14 + 9 year old?

Fucking an 11 year old is against the law and wrong whichever way you look at it!

163387[/snapback]

I agree, but if two underage kids are of similar age and they decide to fuck, why prosecute just the lad ?

Thats the way it seems in the eyes of the law.

I was under the impression that statutory rape was only relevant if it involved an adult and a minor. A 15 year old is not an adult as far as I am aware.

As unfortunate as this is, I don't think it's reasonable to make an example of a 15 year old boy who fornicated with another child.

A more relevant problem arises from this situation. Where are the parents? And if she's not in the care of her parents, has the system let her down? Allowing an 11 year old to get sloshed and get pregnant is unforgivable.

163387[/snapback]

I agree, but if two underage kids are of similar age and they decide to fuck, why prosecute just the lad ?

163394[/snapback]

Apart from teachers shagging schoolboys has any girl (underage or not) ever been done with under age sex?

As Jimbo says its not right but the law is biased.

This was also the problem with the Mail inspired law to ban all sex offenders, regardless of circumstances, from working with children - people like this lad (and more innocent eg a 13 yr old shagging a 15 yr old lass) would be overly-punished imo.

Wow, I'm literally shaking my head.

It's a horrible situation to be pregnant in the first place...but I wonder if she was counselled on her options regarding the pregnancy. Not so sure about abortion laws in the UK, but in Oz no parental consent is needed for a termination procedure (as far as im aware - ive never encountered a pregnant 12 yo..). I'll probably get shot down for suggesting the consideration of terminating the pregnancy... :lol:

I suppose it's catch 22 though...the impact of abortion is HUGE and increases the chance of the onset of mental illness.

Just a sad and unfortunate event I suppose.

163387[/snapback]

163394[/snapback]

15 and 11 arent a similar age though. In most cases thats the difference between pre and post pubescent.

Wow, I'm literally shaking my head.

It's a horrible situation to be pregnant in the first place...but I wonder if she was counselled on her options regarding the pregnancy. Not so sure about abortion laws in the UK, but in Oz no parental consent is needed for a termination procedure (as far as im aware - ive never encountered a pregnant 12 yo..). I'll probably get shot down for suggesting the consideration of terminating the pregnancy... :lol:

I suppose it's catch 22 though...the impact of abortion is HUGE and increases the chance of the onset of mental illness.

Just a sad and unfortunate event I suppose.

163402[/snapback]

I'm normally against abortion but in this case it may have been better for the baby to have been aborted rather than be brought up by that sort of mother, realistically the child isn't going to have much of a chance in life. In fact the period allowed for abortions should be extended to 11 years so that fucking oxygen thief can be ended.

I'm normally against abortion too - that is away from my working capacity. Being a doctor(well - i will be soon) requires all options and avenues to be explored in relation to patient requests and what is best for the individual and their health. Sadly, this sometimes means abortion is brought up often.

If it wasn't looked at in this particular case, then I'd be staggered! First off all, not many 12 yo girls would be able to safely deliver a baby - heck she's just a baby herself!

The only thing that does really get me thnking twice about a termination is what I've mentioned earlier - there is lots of evidence that links it to severe and debilitating forms of mental illness (comparable to that of Post natal depression and post partum psychosis) later on in life. Simply put, regardless of the intention and mindset of the girl who is pregnant at the time, there WILL come a day when it catches up with her and regret/guilt creeps in. It's very rare for it to not occur.

I don't want to appear to be advocating abortion, but sometimes the situation demands that it at least be looked at.

I'm normally against abortion too - that is away from my working capacity. Being a doctor(well - i will be soon) requires all options and avenues to be explored in relation to patient requests and what is best for the individual and their health. Sadly, this sometimes means abortion is brought up often.

If it wasn't looked at in this particular case, then I'd be staggered! First off all, not many 12 yo girls would be able to safely deliver a baby - heck she's just a baby herself!

The only thing that does really get me thnking twice about a termination is what I've mentioned earlier - there is lots of evidence that links it to severe and debilitating forms of mental illness (comparable to that of Post natal depression and post partum psychosis) later on in life. Simply put, regardless of the intention and mindset of the girl who is pregnant at the time, there WILL come a day when it catches up with her and regret/guilt creeps in. It's very rare for it to not occur.

I don't want to appear to be advocating abortion, but sometimes the situation demands that it at least be looked at.

163415[/snapback]

As a medical student myself I would add that depending on the methods used for the abortion the procedure may irreversablely damage her reproductive organs and hinder her chances of having children when she is older.

Although in her case that might be for the best! :lol: