Jimbo

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin Brockovich

163494[/snapback]

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

163684[/snapback]

I couldn't believe that either. Jesus wept.

163695[/snapback]

Agreed. What a load of utter fucking shit.

"They're called boobs, Ed"

Fuck off you ginger bint!

'Ghost World' (on tonighton Film Four) is a good 'un and not even on the list (unless I missed it). It's not on until half eleven though.

'Ghost World' (on tonighton Film Four) is a good 'un and not even on the list (unless I missed it). It's not on until half eleven though.

163700[/snapback]

Lot's of people seem to really love it like. I wasn't that taken by it personally, but it's definately worth watching just for Steve Buscemi.

"What are we, in slow motion here? C'mon, what are you, hypnotized? Have some more kids, why don't you."

:lol:

163700[/snapback]

Lot's of people seem to really love it like. I wasn't that taken by it personally, but it's definately worth watching just for Steve Buscemi.

"What are we, in slow motion here? C'mon, what are you, hypnotized? Have some more kids, why don't you."

:lol:

163703[/snapback]

Good film I reckon, not 'top 50' as such, top 50 compared with some of the films on that list though.

EB asside it's actually a good list of films though certainly not a definitive list of the best movies ever. If you would get them all on DVD you have a good selection of films from a pretty wide sprectrum.

There are some glaring omissions though. No Godfather, Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars, Leone, Spielberg, Bogart to name a few. If you'd never seen any of those you would be missing out on a huge part of what's best in cinema.

As has already been said, more than anything else it's more of a coming soon than anything else.

EB asside it's actually a good list of films though certainly not a definitive list of the best movies ever.  If you would get them all on DVD you have a good selection of films from a pretty wide sprectrum.

There are some glaring omissions though.  No Godfather, Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars, Leone, Spielberg, Bogart to name a few.  If you'd never seen any of those you would be missing out on a huge part of what's best in cinema.

As has already been said, more than anything else it's more of a coming soon than anything else.

163706[/snapback]

I think the point of a list called "50 films to see before you die" shouldn't be to point out the glaringly obvious. So anything in the IMDB top 250 or the BFI or AFI top 10 whatever should be left out. It should list films people mightn't have heard of, that aren't on tv regularly. There's probably only 10 films in that list that do that.

One of my fav films is on the list, The Shawshank Redemption.

163573[/snapback]

Shawshank is in my opinion one of the best films ever made. I brilliant film which is suprising because normally a stephen King book made into film usually sucks, this is the exception to the rule

One of my fav films is on the list, The Shawshank Redemption.

163573[/snapback]

Shawshank is in my opinion one of the best films ever made. I brilliant film which is suprising because normally a stephen King book made into film usually sucks, this is the exception to the rule

163716[/snapback]

another exception is the green mile

and stand by me

and the shining

EB asside it's actually a good list of films though certainly not a definitive list of the best movies ever.  If you would get them all on DVD you have a good selection of films from a pretty wide sprectrum.

There are some glaring omissions though.  No Godfather, Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars, Leone, Spielberg, Bogart to name a few.  If you'd never seen any of those you would be missing out on a huge part of what's best in cinema.

163706[/snapback]

I think the point of a list called "50 films to see before you die" shouldn't be to point out the glaringly obvious. So anything in the IMDB top 250 or the BFI or AFI top 10 whatever should be left out. It should list films people mightn't have heard of, that aren't on tv regularly. There's probably only 10 films in that list that do that.

163712[/snapback]

Unfortunately few, other than us film buff, would tune into a list like that so it's not really possible to put on in a faily prime time on network tv.

But I think they have done quite well in that respect including the likes of Princess Mononoke, Pink Flamingo's, A Boute de Soufle etc.

Personally I see it as an attempt to give a varied list of quality films that would give you most of what is best from cinema and as such I would expect to see work from big names like Leone, Spielberg, Hitchcock, Ford, Kurasowa (spelling?), Ridley Scott, Cameron as well as other less known too.

Speaking of classics, 'They Live' is on the Sci-Fi Channel this Thursday :lol:

163737[/snapback]

Is that the one with the "I came here to kick ass and chew gum. And I'm all out of gum." line? :lol: Or is that something else?

Speaking of classics, 'They Live' is on the Sci-Fi Channel this Thursday :lol:

163737[/snapback]

Is that the one with the "I came here to kick ass and chew gum. And I'm all out of gum." line? :lol: Or is that something else?

163740[/snapback]

Aye, that's the one :lol: