Accident in Chester-Le-Street Park

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I was aware, the structure had been checked over by the fire brigade the day before it opened in order to fulfill health and safety requirements and was found to be fine. Weren't there gale force winds that weekend too? I think it's been a horrible freak accident and think it's more than harsh to bring manslaughter charges against the artist.

I think it's a bit ridiculous like. There is no way that the responsibility for tying this thing down was all down to one man - there should have been, and were various safety checks, but they just didn't reckon with the effect that a gust of wind could have on the thing. Very harsh to blame the bloke who came up with the idea for it. Horrible accident.

We say its harsh that he's been arrested, I felt the same, but the police have been investigating this since it happened. Not saying that they're never wrong, but there must be some sort of evidence to do him for it other than him just making it.

I think it's a bit ridiculous like. There is no way that the responsibility for tying this thing down was all down to one man - there should have been, and were various safety checks, but they just didn't reckon with the effect that a gust of wind could have on the thing. Very harsh to blame the bloke who came up with the idea for it. Horrible accident.

That's today's compensation culture for you.