Accident in Chester-Le-Street Park

Kid Dynamite

I'll sleep easier tonight now.

What a knobhead, trying to look like he's a ladies man when people have died in a tragic accident!  :lol:

If she's from CLS I'll probably know her = Self obsessed wanker tbh.

163835[/snapback]

Are you for real?

There are 2 comprehensive schools in CLS. I know pretty much everyone my age in this town. Take a ride in your big car and get over yourself.

164111[/snapback]

that's right J69, you rise above it and treat the thread with the respect you demanded from others :lol:

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Il revise that statment then. I wasnt for one minute suggesting i had had slept with every 23 year old female in chester-le-street. rather, its a small place and i may know who she is. Although i hope not.

Are you for real?

There are 2 comprehensive schools in CLS. I know pretty much everyone my age in this town. Take a ride in your big car and get over yourself.

I'm 22 and have lived in CLS my whole life. I wonder if you know me...

Edited by Geordie Boot Boy

whats your name then? did you got to hermitage or park view?

164173[/snapback]

Chris Robson, went to Park View. At your service.

BTW, as regards this thread, I was playing football at the Riverside at the time it happened too (I think someone else said they were).

Me. we were the really shit team in the england away shirts. we werent playing you were we?

Dont think i know you mate, you were 2 years below me and i went to the hermitage. I probably know your face though if you frequent the front street at all on a weekend.

Me. we were the really shit team in the england away shirts. we werent playing you were we?

Dont think i know you mate, you were 2 years below me and i went to the hermitage. I probably know your face though if you frequent the front street at all on a weekend.

164177[/snapback]

Pretty much every week.

I don't think we played you. Played a game at 2, then played a friendly at 3. it was Optimum Windows first, then Dipton (I think) in the friendly. My team plays completely in blue.

I've come into work tonight to discover that the younger of the two women killed in this incident was a colleague of mine. I didn't know her very well but a sad time in here nonetheless. RIP.

Guest Toplass-101
I've come into work tonight to discover that the younger of the two women killed in this incident was a colleague of mine.  I didn't know her very well but a sad time in here nonetheless. RIP.

164223[/snapback]

Im so sorry to hear that Cath, on the news today they said that she leaves two young daughters, its just horrible.

candlerememberance.gif

RIP

Really puts our own day to day troubles into perspective when you hear of events like this.

Just heard on the radio that the 3 year old girl is now in a stable condition, apparently an off duty medic pretty much saved her life at the scene. Good news.

164317[/snapback]

Very good news indeed.... :lol:

I wondered about that like.  If they did they would have had no concept of what would follow, but that's no excuse.

164330[/snapback]

Too right. Noose attached to a hot air baloon, and cut the mooring ropes, just for trhe hell of it, like.

Just read in the Sun, police are working on the theory that vandals may have cut the ropes holding the thing down!

If true they want fucking hung imo.

164324[/snapback]

Plenty of little cnuts around here like and they were out in force with it being sunny on sunday.

However, it was fenced off and you had to pay to get in, and tbh who would have thought that anything would happen if you cut the ropes on something that big. It looked like it needed a truck to shift it!

Just read in the Sun, police are working on the theory that vandals may have cut the ropes holding the thing down!

If true they want fucking hung imo.

164324[/snapback]

Plenty of little cnuts around here like and they were out in force with it being sunny on sunday.

However, it was fenced off and you had to pay to get in, and tbh who would have thought that anything would happen if you cut the ropes on something that big. It looked like it needed a truck to shift it!

164517[/snapback]

Still no excuse though if true.

It's just fucking unreal seeing that clip thinking of all those people inside.

Rosie, 3, saved by 'hero' doctor

_41926626_rosiewright203.jpg

Rosie Wright suffered crush injuries (Picture NNP)

A father has praised a doctor who saved his three-year-old daughter after she suffered horrific injuries in the Co Durham inflatable artwork tragedy.

An off-duty anaesthetist treated Rosie Wright after the giant sculpture broke free from its moorings on Sunday.

Rosie suffered spine and leg fractures, a punctured lung and lacerated liver in the incident at Chester-le-Street which left two women dead and 13 injured.

Her father Lee, 34, said the doctor "probably saved her life".

Rosie was badly crushed when she collided with a large metal fan inside the structure.

Mr Wright said: "It was like a disaster zone. I got out of the car and just ran into the park, eventually I found Rosie who was in a bad way.

"An anaesthetist was on the scene, I cannot remember his name, but he said he was just walking through the park.

"He was telling the paramedics what to do and he put a tube down her throat, it was absolutely horrible.

"The police took me and my ex-wife up to the hospital where they had taken Rosie in the helicopter."

A spokeswoman at Newcastle General Hospital said Rosie was "comfortable and stable".

Jane Peacock, a Great North Air Ambulance paramedic, spotted the consultant in the crowd and asked him to help.

She declined to name the man, but said: "Without a shadow of a doubt, that guy saved her life.

"I had spotted him in the crowd and I said 'this little girl needs you please'. I said to him she was desperate."

Hot weather

Forensic teams examining the Dreamspace artwork's moorings have not ruled out foul play.

Claire Furmedge, 38, from Chester-le-Street, and 68-year-old Elizabeth Collings from Seaham, died.

The hot weather is thought to have played a part in the tragedy, which saw the artwork, in which people explored 115 inflated chambers, flip up to 100ft into the air.

Many of the people injured in the incident were inside the 2,500-square-metre artwork, which consists of inflated rooms connected by tunnels.

Artist Maurice Agis, 74, who created the inflatable sculpture was himself pulled into the air when a gust of wind tore the artwork from its moorings, according to his partner.

Mr Agis and a team of helpers had used extra ropes to tie down the inflatable because of the heat, Paloma Brotons said.

Durham Police are leading the joint investigation with the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).

Chief Superintendent Trevor Watson said: "It is too early to speculate on the cause and we are keeping a very open mind."

The Arts Council provided £60,000 to fund a UK tour of Dreamspace, which has appeared at venues across the world and was recently featured on the Derren Brown television show.

Linda Ebbatson, leader of Chester-le-Street District Council, said: "It's a terrible tragedy for everyone, it's a cause for real sadness. You could never have envisaged this happening."

poor little lassy. :lol:

Definately. What i meant though was that I cant see the little charvers cutting the ropes unless they though it was actually going to acheive anything. Most of them ahvent got the brain power to figure out that the hot air inside copuled with a breeze underneath would lift it up.

I suppose wel find out what happened soon enough anyway.

Good to hear the little un is getting better.

''Jane Peacock, a Great North Air Ambulance paramedic, spotted the consultant in the crowd and asked him to help.

"I had spotted him in the crowd and I said 'this little girl needs you please'. I said to him she was desperate."

Sounds like he was ready to turn a blind eye!

''Jane Peacock, a Great North Air Ambulance paramedic, spotted the consultant in the crowd and asked him to help.

Sounds like he was ready to turn a blind eye!

164531[/snapback]

There were injured people all over the shop mate, possibly already helping someone else.