monkey heed!

sammynb

Funniest thing I've read in a long time.

From the bbc rumours:

Niall Quinn is set to appoint himself as the Black Cats' new manager after failing to convince Martin O'Neill or Sam Allardyce to take the plunge. He will bring Peter Reid in as his number two. (Various)

i dont think its ever happened before that the chairman of a club would also be managing it!

Imagine FFS at the helm :eek:

164001[/snapback]

Ron Noades did it at Brentford iirc.

I don't like the whole scenario one bit, them and boro could make progress over the next couple of seasons and really start challenging us for the top dog spot.

164047[/snapback]

It'll go either two ways, it'll be a roaring success, or it'll go massively tits up. Here's to the latter.

I don't like the whole scenario one bit, them and boro could make progress over the next couple of seasons and really start challenging us for the top dog spot.

164047[/snapback]

It'll go either two ways, it'll be a roaring success, or it'll go massively tits up. Here's to the latter.

164051[/snapback]

ive put money on david o'leary being the next boss though, the odds on monkey heed were too ridiculous to back. cant be true surely

Hmm

Teamtalk

The 39-year-old former Black Cats striker is due to take control in the boardroom at the Stadium of Light in the near future following the success of his consortium in taking over the club.

The club had been linked with a number of high-profile figures on the managerial front as they hunted a permanent successor to Mick McCarthy, who was axed in March and replaced with caretaker boss Kevin Ball.

Martin O'Neill and David O'Leary were both reported to be targets, however Quinn has opted to take the job himself.

He had to seek the go-ahead from the consortium he heads before Sunderland could ratify his appointment.

But he has now been granted approval and will inevitably be a popular choice among supporters, with whom he was a favourite as a player.

The former Republic of Ireland international played 212 games for Sunderland, scoring 69 goals, and then handed over all the proceeds from his testimonial year in 2001-02 to charity.

Sunderland were relegated from the Premiership last season with a record low points total of just 15.

:lol:

3 Legends was quality last night, loads of mackems ringing up spitting blood about Peytar. 'Eric, I'm going to send me season ticket back if he comes back etc.' :lol:

Be interesting to see if the mackems can splash the cash.

Correct, and if the success of messers Noades and Fry are anything to go by.......

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

164028[/snapback]

Didn't Noades get Leyton Orient promoted?

Correct, and if the success of messers Noades and Fry are anything to go by.......

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

164028[/snapback]

Didn't Noades get Leyton Orient promoted?

164573[/snapback]

when he was chairman ???

dunno tbh, was thinking of when he was at Palace.