top 50 best comedy sketches

tinofbeans

How the hell did Victoria Wood manage to get 2 sketches in the top 50? One of them in the top ten ffs. There's nothing more depressing than seeing that woman on TV, and she got a fucking life time achievement award at the British Comedy Awards a couple of years back. Christ the 80's must have been an unfunny time.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ardal O'Hanlon deserves to be flayed alive for My Hero. Should have retired after Father Ted tbh.

164049[/snapback]

Like Ted did :lol:

164052[/snapback]

:lol: Harsh, but fair.

164074[/snapback]

It's not his fault that the writers of My Hero were nowhere near as good as Linehan & Matthews though.

It's not his fault that the writers of My Hero were nowhere near as good as Linehan & Matthews though.

164163[/snapback]

I've seen his stand-up, a couple of his other comedies, and talk show appearances; he's great in Father Ted because he is father Dougal McGuire. He's thick, one-dimensional, uninteresting and unfunny - without those writers spinning his character the right way, I'm not even sure he can act.

164163[/snapback]

I've seen his stand-up, a couple of his other comedies, and talk show appearances; he's great in Father Ted because he is father Dougal McGuire. He's thick, one-dimensional, uninteresting and unfunny - without those writers spinning his character the right way, I'm not even sure he can act.

164166[/snapback]

:lol:

I was going to add that I thought his standup was quite good.

164163[/snapback]

164166[/snapback]

:lol:

I was going to add that I thought his standup was quite good.

164168[/snapback]

I saw him back when Father Ted was just starting to be big and his standup was pretty good, though its the only time i've seen him. Sadly the only other comedies he's done since Ted have been shite so its pretty hard for him to be funny in them!

Watched most of the top 50 thing again and you will always get a current programme doing really well when it won't a few years down the line, though i am a fan of Little Britain and would have included it in there.