New Striker

Akabusi

Newcastle bid £12million for Defoe yesterday. Turned down by Tottenham but they are expected to go back in for him.

164075[/snapback]

dont expect your trademark laugh or 'awoooga' following that news :lol:

lets see if you're on a roll with your predictions then

I'd agree with you all on Defoe, I'd take him but wouldn't be happy paying £12mil for him. Think it's way too much, and would prefer Ashton myself. Think now we've shown our hand with the Duff signing and everyone knows we're desperate for a striker we'll have to pay over the odds.

Just passing on what i've heard though.

Given Akabusi's Duff scoop, I'll not write this one off yet, perhaps Roeder's work with Defoe at West Ham has given him enough reason to go for him.

Id love him here, spurs would go crazy if we ended up with defoe and duff!!

12mil is a bit steep though. Especially when we apparently paid waaaaaay over the odds for Englands most consistent goalscorer of the last 7years! (according to the bitter liverpool fans anyway)

Im loving akabusi's insider knowledge though!

I'd be happy to see Defoe here and I'm sure he would improve his goal record but that's a hell of a lot of money and I'm not sure if he in Owen could play together (not sure if that's really an issue any more like).

But whatever price you would expect us to pay for any striker, I think you can add a couple of million minimum on as everyone knows how desperate we are!

make that spurs FANS would go crazy

164126[/snapback]

were you expecting a pedant to challenge your claim that cowboy boot accesories would go mental if Duff was joined by Defoe?

:lol: