For £5.5m you can buy

FoggontheTyne

sfgbir21.jpg

164212[/snapback]

Wigan really do want their arses kicking for paying that for him like. He's not a bad player in all honesty, but he's worth nowhere near £5.5m. I'm tipping Wigan to go down like, I also reckon Man city will gan down as well.

sfgbir21.jpg

164212[/snapback]

Wigan really do want their arses kicking for paying that for him like. He's not a bad player in all honesty, but he's worth nowhere near £5.5m. I'm tipping Wigan to go down like, I also reckon Man city will gan down as well.

164336[/snapback]

When you think of Duff for £5m and Heskey for £5.5m like.... :lol: They must have gone in with that as their opening bid because there's no way Birmingham would have been cheeky enough to turn down something like £3m or above for him. Wigan will miss Bullard, and a lot of their players who played above themselves in their first season in the top flight won't be able to raise their game this year. I think you might be right about them going down.

Wigan seem to have screwed up their transfer policy this season. Not only have they sold Bullard, they've released Thompson, so that's the 2 main midfielders gone.

Then they sell Roberts for pittance, and sign Heskey. Madness!

pennant_look.jpg

Birmingham have confirmed that they have rejected an offer from Liverpool for Jermaine Pennant.

The Reds are keen to land the former Arsenal winger, but Blues are standing firm over their valuation - believed to be over £5 million.

Birmingham chief Steve Bruce confirmed Liverpool had only bid £3.5 million for Pennant.

"We had an offer from Liverpool which we rejected and, until they meet our valuation of Jermaine Pennant, they will get the same answer," said Bruce.

"There's only been one bid, of around £3.5million. We paid £3 million for Jermaine plus we owe Arsenal 25% of any sell-on fee.

"We don't want to sell him for £3.5million, that's for sure.

"Now it's a question of how far Liverpool are prepared to go in meeting our valuation. If they don't then they will move on, I suppose."

source: Skispots