Duff's squad number

Craig

Usually announced at the press conference of a new signing, anyone notice Duff had no number on the back of his shirt?

Rumour down this way is that by the end of the week, James Milner will transfer to West Ham in a deal which will also bring Dean Ashton to SJP.

That will release the no.11 shirt which is to Duff what the no.9 shirt was to Alan Shearer.

The rumour does seem to be him getting number 11. Maybe it is a second registration for squad numbers for UEFA than it is for Toto. Must be.

Would be a shame to see Milner go, but if he has to be sacrificed to bring in the centre forward we need, then so be it.

Club shop are selling strips with Duff 11 on the back apparently.

164350[/snapback]

I was just going to say, the laddie I saw last night with the new away strip on won't be very happy if it isn't no. 11.

According to MattM4 if you go on the club shop website, all of the player/number combinations are on there. You can get 11-Duff. Milner is nowhere to be seen..................curiouser and curiouser. :lol:

If Duff leaving means Milner is away - good. There is no comparison between the two and I'm not convinced Milner will ever be good enough.

According to MattM4 if you go on the club shop website, all of the player/number combinations are on there.  You can get 11-Duff.  Milner is nowhere to be seen..................curiouser and curiouser. :lol:

164362[/snapback]

:lol: well according to the site yeah. If you go to the online shop, and ask to customize the shirt there is Duff11 in there. Bu also Luque20, SHearer9, Clark21. It's basically last season's squad list, with Duff in the mix of it. Which made me sceptical at first.

But it seems the Duffman will be 11 after all.

According to MattM4 if you go on the club shop website, all of the player/number combinations are on there.  You can get 11-Duff.  Milner is nowhere to be seen..................curiouser and curiouser. :lol:

164362[/snapback]

:lol: well according to the site yeah. If you go to the online shop, and ask to customize the shirt there is Duff11 in there. Bu also Luque20, SHearer9, Clark21. It's basically last season's squad list, with Duff in the mix of it. Which made me sceptical at first.

164366[/snapback]

At the Mall we were instructed not to print any squad numbers yet as they have not been confirmed, and were being taken on a match by match basis for the toto cup. Any shirts printed were at customer's own risk. I think the numbers for the Premiership are yet to be officially confirmed, so Duff could well end up with 11. This was as of 4pm yesterday.

164362[/snapback]

164366[/snapback]

Maybe they had Milner down as 11, changed it to Duff and don't know what his new number will be so it's not on the list.

Why you would want Milner on the back of your shirt is beyond me though! :lol: