Roon - I would have gone to toon

Geordie Boyo

Roo hits out at Moyes

Wayne Rooney has sensationally hit out at former Everton manager David Moyes claiming he is a 'control freak'.

Many felt Moyes was nurturing the Manchester United striker during his days at Goodison, but the Three Lions star has lifted the lid on the relationship.

Rooney is unhappy at how the Scottish tactician liked to impose himself, although the youngster had no problem standing his ground and fighting back.

"To me he appeared overbearing, just wanting to control people," explained Rooney in his autobiography, serialised in the Daily Mail.

"I suppose being young and confident and playing for England at 17, I wasn't bothered about upsetting him or answering back."

The Manchester United striker joined The Red Devils for £27 million two years ago, although he has stated would have joined Newcastle United.

The Magpies had a bid for the England international accepted before Sir Alex Ferguson came calling to get his man.

"If no-one else had come in I would have gone to Newcastle," he concluded.

From skysports

I felt gutted reading that, tbh.

I'm sure we will be bringing in a player that will bring goals and in general do a job for us up front, but make no mistake about it Rooney would be there ahead of anyone out there when it comes down to who I'd like to see replace Shearer. I'm not at all bitter, but sad at what we could have had after having read that.....even though those BASTARDS didn't need him! :lol:

Hopefully Ashton will do what sir Les & wor Al' did because he certainly has the potential. That's if he is the man we sign...!

I'm sure we will be bringing in a player that will bring goals and in general do a job for us up front, but make no mistake about it Rooney would be there ahead of anyone out there when it comes down to who I'd like to see replace Shearer. I'm not at all bitter, but sad at what we could have had after having read that.....even though those BASTARDS didn't need him!  :lol:

Hopefully Ashton will do what sir Les & wor Al' did because he certainly has the potential. That's if he is the man we sign...!

164326[/snapback]

Prefer Harewood personally - more like Sir Les.

I'm sure we will be bringing in a player that will bring goals and in general do a job for us up front, but make no mistake about it Rooney would be there ahead of anyone out there when it comes down to who I'd like to see replace Shearer. I'm not at all bitter, but sad at what we could have had after having read that.....even though those BASTARDS didn't need him!  :lol:

164326[/snapback]

164327[/snapback]

You crazy fool tbh. Ashton looks a much better player than Harewood.

As for the Rooney thing, the "If no one else had come in.." line doesn't exactly make us sound first choice. :lol: I think somewhere else he says "I would have gone anywhere to get away from Moyes" which again doesn't exactly sound great.

Having said that, I STILL believe that that was a genuine attempt by Shepherd to sign him, as borne out by the fact that we signed Owen the following year. Would have been fantastic to see him here, but let's face it, we would have ruined the poor bastard by now. :lol:

You crazy fool tbh.  Ashton looks a much better player than Harewood.

As for the Rooney thing, the "If no one else had come in.." line doesn't exactly make us sound first choice. :lol:  I think somewhere else he says "I would have gone anywhere to get away from Moyes" which again doesn't exactly sound great.

Having said that, I STILL believe that that was a genuine attempt by Shepherd to sign him, as borne out by the fact that we signed Owen the following year.  Would have been fantastic to see him here, but let's face it, we would have ruined the poor bastard by now.  :lol:

You maybe right,

I maybe crazy!

Scotty my boy now I can't say from watching them in the flesh but on my 04 CM!

We had a lot of hammers games shown here last season and Harewood reminds me so much of Sir Les. Power, strength, pace. That ability to switch it on and off.

And I haven't seen that in Ashton - he seems very one paced (read slow), a lot like God these last two seasons and is that what we really need?

I think his actual line was 'I would have gone anywhere to get away from Moyes.....except Spurs of course!'

164332[/snapback]

It's like a gold fish bowl, no wait a minute, it's like a sludge pond, no wait a minute, it's like...

You crazy fool tbh.  Ashton looks a much better player than Harewood.

As for the Rooney thing, the "If no one else had come in.." line doesn't exactly make us sound first choice. :lol:  I think somewhere else he says "I would have gone anywhere to get away from Moyes" which again doesn't exactly sound great.

Having said that, I STILL believe that that was a genuine attempt by Shepherd to sign him, as borne out by the fact that we signed Owen the following year.  Would have been fantastic to see him here, but let's face it, we would have ruined the poor bastard by now.  :lol:

You maybe right,

I maybe crazy!

Scotty my boy now I can't say from watching them in the flesh but on my 04 CM!

We had a lot of hammers games shown here last season and Harewood reminds me so much of Sir Les. Power, strength, pace. That ability to switch it on and off.

And I haven't seen that in Ashton - he seems very one paced (read slow), a lot like God these last two seasons and is that what we really need?

164331[/snapback]

Sammy, Harewood has definitely got power, strength and pace......but so's Emile Heskey. :lol: Ashton looks the more intelligent player, and at 22 (?) looks a much better player than Harewood does at nearly 27 IMO.

By the way, comparing him to Sir Les is an insult to the great man. :lol:

I think that was just poor vocabulary on his behalf, tbh. He would have loved to have played up front with Shearer let alone replace him.

................. :lol:

:lol:

That's an old argument to, tbh. Shearer was never a player of pace, but his ability, work rate and eye on goal puts him above any other centre forward this country has produced. Potentially Ashton looks like he may have all that to offer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2s6cQ8SyS8E...h=dean%20ashton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8LqpgjMJe0...h=dean%20ashton

164326[/snapback]

164327[/snapback]

Well, they're both black.

Even if he had come here, I feel pretty sure it would have been a stop-gap until Manchester United came in for him and he'd have been off to them.

Agreed though, I'd love to have seen him play for us....

How about you shut up about Harewood? :lol:

164396[/snapback]

No platnium club boy!

They ordered in some pink wine for yet?

I tell you, if Harewood had of been in the Ingerland squad they wouldn't of been butt fucked by those poncy Portugese. But Sven the fucking book end couldn't see it I tell you.

And Harewood, just to go on with the point, is just like Sir Les in that he has been neglected, ignored even by the national team. And would transfer to us from an unfashionable Laaandaan team.

The similarities are endless.

164396[/snapback]

No platnium club boy!

I tell you, if Harewood had of been in the Ingerland squad they wouldn't of been butt fucked by those poncy Portugese. But Sven the fucking book end couldn't see it I tell you.

And Harewood, just to go on with the point, is just like Sir Les in that he has been neglected, ignored even by the national team. And would transfer to us from an unfashionable Laaandaan team.

164405[/snapback]

You Aussie mental case! This is exactly why they shouldn't let lesser developed nations like you have access to the internet, never mind actually let you watch football!

I am hoping for some Zinfandel in the Platinum Club, but I fear my tastes may be too refined. I'll let you know. I haven't drunk that Aussie stuff yet though. Might have it tonight. :lol:

164396[/snapback]

No platnium club boy!

164405[/snapback]

You Aussie mental case! This is exactly why they shouldn't let lesser developed nations like you have access to the internet, never mind actually let you watch football!

I am hoping for some Zinfandel in the Platinum Club, but I fear my tastes may be too refined. I'll let you know. I haven't drunk that Aussie stuff yet though. Might have it tonight. :lol:

164406[/snapback]

:lol:

164396[/snapback]

No platnium club boy!

164405[/snapback]

Didn't you tip Portugal to win it? Possibly the only team that looked worse than us in the knock-out stages.

You Aussie mental case!  This is exactly why they shouldn't let lesser developed nations like you have access to the internet, never mind actually let you watch football!

I am hoping for some Zinfandel in the Platinum Club, but I fear my tastes may be too refined.  I'll let you know.  I haven't drunk that Aussie stuff yet though.  Might have it tonight.  :lol:

That's Mr aussie mental case to you my boy.

Ok if not Harewood, and he would be the perfect foil for Owen when he finally plays for us, what about my Huntelaar question?

http://www.toontastic.net/forum/index.php?...20entry164325

By the way did you know that Sir Les was 27 when he transferred to Newcastle???

See the similarities???

I have it from a reliable source that he almost signed for us. Defintely not a publicity stunt. The fact that Bellamy chucked his toys out the pram also suggests this.

Edited by Holden McGroin

How about we give them Milner and Dyer for Harewood and Ashton?

164393[/snapback]

Is that an odd-shaped head exchange?

164326[/snapback]

164327[/snapback]

You crazy fool tbh. Ashton looks a much better player than Harewood.

As for the Rooney thing, the "If no one else had come in.." line doesn't exactly make us sound first choice. :quotes: I think somewhere else he says "I would have gone anywhere to get away from Moyes" which again doesn't exactly sound great.

Having said that, I STILL believe that that was a genuine attempt by Shepherd to sign him, as borne out by the fact that we signed Owen the following year. Would have been fantastic to see him here, but let's face it, we would have ruined the poor bastard by now. :razz:

164329[/snapback]

I said at the time and right up until this article have said it. It was obvious that Shepherd was serious, that we agreed a fee and that ("if nobody lese came in!") Rooney was willing to come here, thats why Manu had to act when they really didn't want to.

Its why we then suddenly had the money for OWen because as has always been the intention Fat Fred was keeping money for a big deal to replace Shearer, he thought he could replace him with Rooney, it didn't come off so the money was kept to replace Shearer with Owen. Now we need to sign Bellamy's replacement thanks to fuckwitt Souness!

I heard at the time he was all set to join us. It was all very hush-hush but a certain pie-eating scrap metal dealer couldn't keep his mouth shut, Fergie got wind of it and the rest, as they say, is history.