Our New Striker - The-Possibly-Boolsheet

Gemmill

So far I've heard (from Gol and an independent lad on N-O - yes, I know :lol: ) that a fee has been agreed with Werder Bremen, and (Gol) we are awaiting a response from the player, (N-O lad) we are discussing terms with the player. The N-O lad claims that he's been told that the club are very worried that Owen will never be the same player again, and so are going for Klose as a contingency.

I also heard from a lad called Kevin at work ( impeccable sounding source :lol: ) that we met with Ashton's representatives at the weekend and the deal is pretty much sorted, to be unveiled later this week.

Come along now, don't be shy. No one gets mocked for saying what they've heard in this thread! It's a mock-free zone. :lol:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you forced me. A family friend of my boss is pally with Anal apprently, and all he would say was that there will be a new striker here by the end of the week and the fans will be very happy with it. Although, knowing how Anal's mind works, it'll be Mickey Bridges.

Shall I throw in the info about the £6.5m fee then?

164354[/snapback]

Yes please. And sorry for nicking what you'd heard and posting it as my "what-I've-heard. :lol: I did credit you though.

All you need do now is tell us who told you. :lol:

Shall I throw in the info about the £6.5m fee then?

164354[/snapback]

Yes please. And sorry for nicking what you'd heard and posting it as my "what-I've-heard. :lol: I did credit you though.

All you need do now is tell us who told you. :lol:

164356[/snapback]

If it comes off, I'll tell you :lol:

The Ashton rumour is rife down here as well. Local press is claiming that Ashton wants the move but that Pardew is digging his heels.

The sweetner is that Pardew is apparently desperate to sign Milner and may be willing to sacrifice Ashton to get him.

I'd be happy to sacrifice Milner for Ashton like. I'm not convinced he would ever have a place in our team.

Oh and my rumor (although not to do with a striker) is that we have a deal done with Celtic for Petrov as midfield cover.

I'd be happy to sacrifice Milner for Ashton like.  I'm not convinced he would ever have a place in our team.

Oh and my rumor (although not to do with a striker) is that we have a deal done with Celtic for Petrov as midfield cover.

164409[/snapback]

I can't see us paying £5m for "cover" though Petrov would probably get in ahead of Emre from what I've seen of him.

That's starting to look a bit xmas tree-esque to me, painful memories.

164435[/snapback]

:lol:

I know those line-ups were more about attacking options, but I'd seriously worry about a Taylor and Bramble partnership. I'd drop one of them for Moore, probably Taylor.

Any of you "ITKs" :lol: know if Glenn's got another central defender on his shopping list, or is he really happy with Moore, Taylor, Bramble, BOUMSONG?

Edited by DotBum

Duff Upfront?

164432[/snapback]

2wx3.th.png

164433[/snapback]

Looks like they're playing "ring-a-ring a rurses" around Parker, tbh...

164446[/snapback]

If we played that formation and set up we'd be relagated for sure.

They have no legs arms or heads ffs :lol:

Kevin Keegan is going to come out of retirement and play for real madrid whilst on a 3 month tour playing banjo in a reformed pink floyd..

Dave told me..