Our New Striker - The-Possibly-Boolsheet

Gemmill

We need a few clever signings like, cheap but quality.

(lol ps. a bird just fell out of a tree outside my house! mad! :lol:)

167417[/snapback]

Was she fit?

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(lol ps. a bird just fell out of a tree outside my house! mad! :lol:)

167417[/snapback]

Was she fit?

167421[/snapback]

Doubt it if she couldn't even hold on to a branch for a few minutes

:lol:  I like him when he finances signings.  I don't have much time for pretty much everything else he gets up to unfortunately. ;)

167392[/snapback]

must admit the doom and gloom has lifted with the signing of duff - all cos of freddie.

167397[/snapback]

That's exactly the point I was trying to make to Craig yesterday. It only takes one "big" signing and suddenly the fans are happy. That's how Freddie works. No good planning for the long term future of the club, let's just get a big name player in to appease the fans.

167410[/snapback]

That's how he'll always operate though unfortunately. I'm guilty of it to an extent because I went to the PSV game off the back of the Duff signing. But as long as Shepherd remains chairman and has managers that won't stand up to it, or that welcome the big money signings themselves in place of a longer term plan, we'll always operate like this.

I'm hopeful that we might be taking a more sensible approach under Roeder, but we'll see. It was at its worst under Souness last summer with the panic buying of Luque followed by the too-good-to-pass-up purchase of Owen and the ludicrous price we paid to price Liverpool out of the deal.

167415[/snapback]

i'm reasonably confident that duff will not be the only high profile signing this summer.

(lol ps. a bird just fell out of a tree outside my house! mad! ;))

167417[/snapback]

Was she fit?

167421[/snapback]

167423[/snapback]

That just proves she isn't very strong. She must have been relatively fit to climb said tree in the first place. :lol:

(lol ps. a bird just fell out of a tree outside my house! mad! ;))

167417[/snapback]

Was she fit?

167421[/snapback]

167423[/snapback]

That just proves she isn't very strong. She must have been relatively fit to climb said tree in the first place. :lol:

167426[/snapback]

:P

Il have to go an check if its dead in case the dogs try and eat it. :puke:

:lol:  I like him when he finances signings.  I don't have much time for pretty much everything else he gets up to unfortunately. ;)

167392[/snapback]

must admit the doom and gloom has lifted with the signing of duff - all cos of freddie.

167397[/snapback]

That's exactly the point I was trying to make to Craig yesterday. It only takes one "big" signing and suddenly the fans are happy. That's how Freddie works. No good planning for the long term future of the club, let's just get a big name player in to appease the fans.

167410[/snapback]

That's how he'll always operate though unfortunately. I'm guilty of it to an extent because I went to the PSV game off the back of the Duff signing. But as long as Shepherd remains chairman and has managers that won't stand up to it, or that welcome the big money signings themselves in place of a longer term plan, we'll always operate like this.

I'm hopeful that we might be taking a more sensible approach under Roeder, but we'll see. It was at its worst under Souness last summer with the panic buying of Luque followed by the too-good-to-pass-up purchase of Owen and the ludicrous price we paid to price Liverpool out of the deal.

167415[/snapback]

i'm reasonably confident that duff will not be the only high profile signing this summer.

167424[/snapback]

And as much as I've just sort of complained about the culture of high profile signings that we have at the club, I'll be gutted if that's true. :P

Although watching us at the weekend, if we don't make a high-profile striker signing this summer, we are in serious trouble this season. A striker with pace will score loads of goals for us this season though, I reckon.

Na.  He's too ugly to score goals.

167434[/snapback]

Two of my mates in the Academy (Cav and Chris) told me we'll have our first FREE signing by Thursday.

But I do need to add, that they have dodgy rumours just like us, and probably don't know much more than us in all respects.

167434[/snapback]

Two of my mates in the Academy (Cav and Chris) told me we'll have our first FREE signing by Thursday.

But I do need to add, that they have dodgy rumours just like us, and probably don't know much more than us in all respects.

168094[/snapback]

A friend of a friend :lol:

167434[/snapback]

168094[/snapback]

A friend of a friend :lol:

168170[/snapback]

Just friends I'd say like.

Newcastle United boss Glenn Roeder has finally found the the replacement for retired Geordie hero Alan Shearer. After months of speculation and rumours Newcastle doubled their efforts to bring in a new striker.

Earlier this week local papers refuted claims of Dean Ashton coming to the Toon. And rumours went on with names such as Miroslav Klose and Dirk Kuyt being linked to the North-East outfit.

We can reveal today that none of these players will come.

However after I've talked to Freddy yesterday night I can reveal Newcastle's top target. Belgium hotshot Barry Van Gina tops Roeder's list and as far I know we're are ready to make an offer.

More on this as I get it.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s342/st101442.htm?fromrss=1

Edited by Emre

Newcastle United boss Glenn Roeder has finally found the the replacement for retired Geordie hero Alan Shearer. After months of speculation and rumours Newcastle doubled their efforts to bring in a new striker.

Earlier this week local papers refuted claims of Dean Ashton coming to the Toon. And rumours went on with names such as Miroslav Klose and Dirk Kuyt being linked to the North-East outfit.

We can reveal today that none of these players will come.

However after I've talked to Freddy yesterday night I can reveal Newcastle's top target. Belgium hotshot Barry Van Gina tops Roeder's list and as far I know we're are ready to make an offer.

More on this as I get it.

http://www.sportnetwork.net/main/s342/st101442.htm?fromrss=1

168190[/snapback]

who? never heard of him!

Apparently Metro Radio are linking us with Saviola again.  Not that Metro Radio know anything.

168991[/snapback]

Roeder ruled him out in a press conference though didn't he? Would show just how desperate he was if we did go back in for him.

I really don't think he'll make it in the Premiership. Would pay about £3m for him though.