Happy Birthday Darren Jackson

Craig

Aged 40 today!!!

I remember him making his debut in the 4-0 televised drubbing of West Ham back in 1986. Scored a goal that day too IIRC :lol:

Aged 40 today!!!

I remember him making his debut in the 4-0 televised drubbing of West Ham back in 1986. Scored a goal that day too IIRC :lol:

164621[/snapback]

Remember that game well! 20 years ago! Fuck off! :lol:

Aged 40 today!!!

164621[/snapback]

164627[/snapback]

that the one when goddard got taken off at half time? I remember my dad telling me that Newcastle never win on the telly just before that match, an absolute classic that Ive still got on Betamax somewhere!

Aged 40 today!!!

164621[/snapback]

164627[/snapback]

that the one when goddard got taken off at half time? I remember my dad telling me that Newcastle never win on the telly just before that match, an absolute classic that Ive still got on Betamax somewhere!

164647[/snapback]

Aye, that's the one! Gash on the head on the stroke of half-time iirc. He nearly scored our third just before that. Fucking mint match!

Aged 40 today!!!

164621[/snapback]

164627[/snapback]

164647[/snapback]

Aye, that's the one! Gash on the head on the stroke of half-time iirc. He nearly scored our third just before that. Fucking mint match!

164649[/snapback]

yeah superb, can anyone post up the line-ups for that match, may be funny to see what quality we had in the side then!

Sooperfantastic thread alert :lol:

164655[/snapback]

old blokes reminiscing about the good old days more like :lol:

164657[/snapback]

Don't encourage Leazesmag :lol:

164666[/snapback]

I was looking at his forum before and he posted an article from, guess where? The Guardian :lol:

yeah superb, can anyone post up the line-ups for that match, may be funny to see what quality we had in the side then!

164651[/snapback]

Don't know about line-ups, but this gives a decent overview of our *ahem* strength in depth at the time...

http://www.khscott.org.uk/nufc/matches/sea...?season=1986_87

164668[/snapback]

aah spotty macdonald, joe 'no ankles' allon, tony 'one touch' cunningham, yeah i am making up some of these 'nicknames'

I've got a Puma "Kenny Dalglish" ball that was passed round the dressing rooms and signed by all the players (NUFC and West Ham) from that very game. Do I win the battle of the soopafans?

I've got a Puma "Kenny Dalglish" ball that was passed round the dressing rooms and signed by all the players (NUFC and West Ham) from that very game.  Do I win the battle of the soopafans?

164673[/snapback]

We have a winner.

Aged 40 today!!!

164621[/snapback]

164627[/snapback]

Mental to think innit?! Equi-distant to that would be England Winning the world cup! Doesnt seem right at all.

Who got booed for the rest of the match for knacking Goddard? Gemmill gets his ball taken off him if he doesnt get it.

By the way the memory is shot to shit but was it the same season that they'd already done us 8-1 at their place with Pedro between the sticks? Or was that the season before?

Either way, how mad was it seeing the Toon live on TV in them days? :lol:

Aged 40 today!!!

164621[/snapback]

164627[/snapback]

Mental to think innit?! Equi-distant to that would be England Winning the world cup! Doesnt seem right at all.

Who got booed for the rest of the match for knacking Goddard? Gemmill gets his ball taken off him if he doesnt get it.

164677[/snapback]

dicks?

Aged 40 today!!!

164621[/snapback]

164627[/snapback]

164677[/snapback]

dicks?

164682[/snapback]

Before his time, shirley?

By the way the memory is shot to shit but was it the same season that they'd already done us 8-1 at their place with Pedro between the sticks? Or was that the season before?

Either way, how mad was it seeing the Toon live on TV in them days?  :lol:

164681[/snapback]

It was around that time, but I seem to remember it being a Milk Cup game or something - can't remember in all honesty. You're right about seeing us live on telly though. I think part of the reason the cup final, World Cups etc. were seemingly more special in the past is due to the lack of footie on telly, not just because we were bairns.

Either way, how mad was it seeing the Toon live on TV in them days?   :lol:

164681[/snapback]

It was around that time, but I seem to remember it being a Milk Cup game or something - can't remember in all honesty. You're right about seeing us live on telly though. I think part of the reason the cup final, World Cups etc. were seemingly more special in the past is due to the lack of footie on telly, not just because we were bairns.

164688[/snapback]

Aye youre probably right when you put it that way. There really was nowt on was there, cup aside? In fact match of the day was off air for a good few years too so highlights were practically non existent werent they? Not in the Sarrada neet slot anyways.

Oh and re the West Ham player-could it have been a lad called Paris? I might be talking shite like. Possibly Bishop an all. I notice the guns have fallen silent in North Shields mind and Gemmill's gone to ground. Probably putting his ball back on ebay where he got it. :lol:

164681[/snapback]

164688[/snapback]

Aye youre probably right when you put it that way. There really was nowt on was there, cup aside? In fact match of the day was off air for a good few years too so highlights were practically non existent werent they? Not in the Sarrada neet slot anyways.

Oh and re the West Ham player-could it have been a lad called Paris? I might be talking shite like. Possibly Bishop an all. I notice the guns have fallen silent in North Shields mind and Gemmill's gone to ground. Probably putting his ball back on ebay where he got it. :lol:

164689[/snapback]

I'll check my ball when I get home and tell you if there's a Parris on there. :lol: Obviously Goddard's signature is missing as he'd gone away for stitches.

164681[/snapback]

164688[/snapback]

164689[/snapback]

I'll check my ball when I get home and tell you if there's a Parris on there. :lol: Obviously Goddard's signature is missing as he'd gone away for stitches.

164692[/snapback]

Goddard will be de facto on there somewhere as Parris' name will be signed in his blood.

Aged 40 today!!!

164621[/snapback]

164627[/snapback]

164647[/snapback]

Aye George Parris split his head open. Also remember it being the game when a certain Paul Ince made his West Ham debut as a substitute! :lol: