Punishments cut for Italian clubs

Scottish Mag

Lazio and Fiorentina have been reinstated to Serie A after appealing against their match-fixing punishments.

Fiorentina had been demoted to Serie B with a 12-point deduction. Lazio were relegated with a seven-point penalty.

Now both will play in the top division, but with a 19-point deduction for Fiorentina and 11 points for Lazio.

Juventus still have to play in Serie B, but on minus 17 points not minus 30. AC Milan stay in Serie A with their penalty cut from 15 points to eight.

The original punishments were handed out to the disgraced clubs by a Rome tribunal just five days after Italy won the World Cup.

The Italian Football Federation (FIGC) heard the appeals against those punishments on Tuesday.

All four clubs implicated have denied the accusations

AC milan being allowed into the CL has to be the biggest shock ever doesn't it?

164815[/snapback]

It would have been a shock to me if they hadn't been allowed into it...

It's funny, the prosecution wants them relegated to Serie B, they get found guilty and got deducted 8 points. That is like coming to court facing ten years in prison and then get the judge pointing at you "You're a nasty boy, don't do it again."

This ruling only serves to further highlight how rotten to the core Italian football is IMO....

164840[/snapback]

Very true, surely this is an example of why this kind of prosecution needs to be orchestrated by FIFA and not the local bodies.

This ruling only serves to further highlight how rotten to the core Italian football is IMO....

164840[/snapback]

Very true, surely this is an example of why this kind of prosecution needs to be orchestrated by FIFA and not the local bodies.

164841[/snapback]

Out of the frying pan into the fire tbh! I'd have the fuckers tried at the Hague! :lol:

Aye this is pathetic. No chance of them cleaning up the game in Italy if this is the punishment they dish out. Let's just hope that Juventus don't immediately come back to Serie A and Fiorentina and Lazio are relegated next season. Fingers crossed.

Expect Juve's second appeal to find them back in Serie A with a 10 point bouns to start the season with. I see they might delay the start of the season to allow Juventus to go through the civil courts. Yes, they're being punished alright.

So, have Juve still been stripped of their last two titles???

164909[/snapback]

Yes.

164953[/snapback]

It's a bit shit for the clubs who are retrospectively awarded them though isn't it? It goes on your roll of honours but you can't recreate that feeling of victory. At least, I imagine you can't seen as I've never experienced it :lol:

164909[/snapback]

Yes.

164953[/snapback]

It's a bit shit for the clubs who are retrospectively awarded them though isn't it? It goes on your roll of honours but you can't recreate that feeling of victory. At least, I imagine you can't seen as I've never experienced it :quotes:

165019[/snapback]

I'd settle for ManU being stripped of their 96 and 97 titles..... :lol:

164909[/snapback]

Yes.

164953[/snapback]

It's a bit shit for the clubs who are retrospectively awarded them though isn't it? It goes on your roll of honours but you can't recreate that feeling of victory. At least, I imagine you can't seen as I've never experienced it :quotes:

165019[/snapback]

I'd settle for ManU being stripped of their 96 and 97 titles..... :lol:

165024[/snapback]

We could have an open-top bus parade. :razz: