Geremi

ChocChip

I think he might be worth a thought. He looked good when he played for Boro, both at RM and CM iirc. He's played at RB as well but i don't think he looked so good there. Would be cheap, hasn't done much at Chelsea the past 2 seasons but he was a very decent player, i'd consider him.

As for RB, Bolton have a player called Joey O'Brien (i think), he's young, pretty quick, big & strong, looked like he had the potential to be a pretty decent footballer too imo. Seemed to read the game quite well when i saw him (only a couple of times). Might be relatively cheap, we need a replacement for Carr more than we need a replacement for Baba imo, but only just...

LB, i'd try for Quedrue. Bridge is too slow, both in a straight line and on the turn imo, not a great tackler either. Plays the ball well and that's about it imo. Maybe Silvestre if we're truly desperate, can't think of any other likely names at the moment.

Edited by ChocChip

I think he might be worth a thought. He looked good when he played for Boro, both at RM and CM iirc. He's played at RB as well but i don't think he looked so good there. Would be cheap, hasn't done much at Chelsea the past 2 seasons but he was a very decent player, i'd consider him.

As for RB, Bolton have a player called Joey O'Brien (i think), he's young, pretty quick, big & strong, looked like he had the potential to be a pretty decent footballer too imo. Seemed to read the game quite well when i saw him (only a couple of times). Might be relatively cheap, we need a replacement for Carr more than we need a replacement for Baba imo, but only just...

LB, i'd try for Quedrue. Bridge is too slow, both in a straight line and on the turn imo, not a great tackler either. Plays the ball well and that's about it imo. Maybe Silvestre if we're truly desperate, can't think of any other likely names at the moment.

164951[/snapback]

We'll never be that desperate I would hope.

I like Geremi but I don't think he's what we need - not convinced he's very good at RB. I quite like Bridge but I think he's a bit overrated (overpriced possibly too). Quedrue's a good shout but would the Smoggies sell him to us?

I like Geremi but I don't think he's what we need - not convinced he's very good at RB. I quite like Bridge but I think he's a bit overrated (overpriced possibly too). Quedrue's a good shout but would the Smoggies sell him to us?

164977[/snapback]

He's better than both Faye and Butt and, providing we can get rid of those 2, i think he will be good for the squad in a 'value for money' kinda way.

I think Bridge is overrated too, anyone seen Joey O'Brien play?

164977[/snapback]

He's better than both Faye and Butt and, providing we can get rid of those 2, i think he will be good for the squad in a 'value for money' kinda way.

I think Bridge is overrated too, anyone seen Joey O'Brien play?

165005[/snapback]

Was it not this O'Brien kid that picked up a bad injury (a break) towards the end of the season? Or am I getting mixed up? :lol:

Am I the only one who thinks he's shite?

164997[/snapback]

I've always thought he looked solid while two friends of mine who are Boro fans think very highly of him. However they also reckon he's leaving to move to London rather than for football.

Am I the only one who thinks he's shite?

164997[/snapback]

I've always thought he looked solid while two friends of mine who are Boro fans think very highly of him. However they also reckon he's leaving to move to London rather than for football.

165036[/snapback]

Every time I've seen him play he seems to get roasted off the winger until he either injures them or get's sent off.

He's got a decent left foot and a long throw but surely there are better options than him. I wouldn't rate him any higher than Baba if he actually looked like he could be arsed more.