Tattoos

Jusoda Kid

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shock horror, I actually think J69 has a point.

A tattoo in any place that isn't easily hideable will leave you up shit creek job wise. Whey, that's atleast what we're telt at school.

In fairness though why is it any worse to have a visable tattoo when you consider some of the states you see in so called half decent companies. Many women walk about with "war paint on" that looks like it has been applied by a 5 year old, others walk about bright orange. How is this worse than a tattoo?

In fairness though why is it any worse to have a visable tattoo when you consider some of the states you see in so called half decent companies.  Many women walk about with "war paint on" that looks like it has been applied by a 5 year old, others walk about bright orange.  How is this worse than a tattoo?

166468[/snapback]

I don't personally think it is, it's the stigma that's attached to tattoo's though that's the problem.

99percent of people in modern society with half a neurone would not get tatts on their hands, neck and face.

166433[/snapback]

source?

I think if the tatoo can be covered or the job doesn't require a certain image then it doesn't matter where you get a tatoo. Of course I believe certain tattoos shouldn't ever be applied. Mum/dad in hearts, swastikas (obviously) basically anything that can cause offense.

but there is nothing to stop a mechanic from having tatoos wherever s/he likes, or any of the million careers which don't require a corporate image.

I think that the word tattoo conjures images of skull and cross bones, chav-tastic "I luv mum" in a heart and the like. Some tatoos can look both aesthetically pleasing AND classy. The Maori (sp?) tattoos look amazing and it doesn't stop Kiwis from holding down important jobs does it?

In fairness though why is it any worse to have a visable tattoo when you consider some of the states you see in so called half decent companies.  Many women walk about with "war paint on" that looks like it has been applied by a 5 year old, others walk about bright orange.  How is this worse than a tattoo?

166468[/snapback]

I don't personally think it is, it's the stigma that's attached to tattoo's though that's the problem.

166470[/snapback]

Aye, that and the fact that (as SMO so deftly put it), theyre shite.

166468[/snapback]

166470[/snapback]

166476[/snapback]

blond highlights. :D

166468[/snapback]

166470[/snapback]

166476[/snapback]

blond highlights. :D

166478[/snapback]

Inadvertently you've 'highlighted' my main point actually.

Highlights are temporary and grow out. Tatoos are permanent. Nowhere...not even in Maori society do tatoos look good on wrinkly shite old skin. You can get body art that is not permanent, it fades in time and can be removed if it needs to be removed if your circumstances change.

I say this purely from a male heterosexual perspective, but there will be a preponderance of wrinkly old ladies in 40 years time with some horrendous tatoos.

Go out of fashion too when every fucker gets a certain type - the tribal ones are common as shite now. Quite like some tats though but I doubt I'd get one.

166468[/snapback]

166470[/snapback]

166476[/snapback]

blond highlights. :blush:

166478[/snapback]

Inadvertently you've 'highlighted' my main point actually.

Highlights are temporary and grow out. Tatoos are permanent. Nowhere...not even in Maori society do tatoos look good on wrinkly shite old skin. You can get body art that is not permanent, it fades in time and can be removed if it needs to be removed if your circumstances change.

I say this purely from a male heterosexual perspective, but there will be a preponderance of wrinkly old ladies in 40 years time with some horrendous tatoos.

166519[/snapback]

Some how I doubt whilst suffering with arthritis, osteoporosis and early stages of senile dementia, they'll be really gutted that their tattoo's are starting to look a bit saggy and wrinkly tbh.

:D

Go out of fashion too when every fucker gets a certain type - the tribal ones are common as shite now. Quite like some tats though but I doubt I'd get one.

166522[/snapback]

I suppose it's a bit like trying on a jacket, deciding you like it, so stapling the fucker on.

I think small tattoos on the base of a lasses spine look canny sexy like. I think problems arise when people go overkill.

166544[/snapback]

Agreed

tigerface-1.jpg

I think small tattoos on the base of a lasses spine look canny sexy like.

166544[/snapback]

Even if they say 'Access Denied'?

Im booking my first tat on Tuesday, on the top of my arm. The cross of St George with Made In England in an arch above it in some old style of font. :D

166597[/snapback]

Big Elton John fan?

I think small tattoos on the base of a lasses spine look canny sexy like. I think problems arise when people go overkill.

166544[/snapback]

Although i dont like lots of tatoos on men (and woman) i am tempted to get a very small one done on the base of my spine...cant decide whether it should be the NUFC or the TUFC crest though :D

Although i dont like lots of tatoos on men (and woman) i am tempted to get a very small one done on the base of my spine...cant decide whether it should be the NUFC  or the TUFC crest though  :D

166637[/snapback]

If Souness was still in charge I'd say NUFC, but you have to go with TUFC since the Roedster took over, because Torquay are quite close to poo. :blush:

Although i dont like lots of tatoos on men (and woman) i am tempted to get a very small one done on the base of my spine...cant decide whether it should be the NUFC  or the TUFC crest though  :razz:

166637[/snapback]

If Souness was still in charge I'd say NUFC, but you have to go with TUFC since the Roedster took over, because Torquay are quite close to poo. :D

166654[/snapback]

:D

Are we back in the school playground? :D:blush:

I've always felt like someones watching over me so I'd quite fancy a phrase or bible quote in nice lettering, or the name Gabriel in angelic script on my shoulder.

Make it GAYbriel if your going to get something as explicitly homosexual as that! Gabriel in angelic script, Howay man!!!

166764[/snapback]

aye, you're right of course... I should have consulted you before I considered something that means something to me and has jack to do with some "straight-edge" pompous prick off the internet. :D

oh and I'm not sure you actually know what Angelic script is.