Tattoos

Jusoda Kid

One of my best mates went down the week before his tattoo, picked out a bonny pattern and chose to have it. Went back a week later, the bloke said he couldnt find the template for that one so what about this pattern instead. He gave it about 3 seconds of thought and had it done instead. He now has what looks like the micro machines logo on the top of his arm for life!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was the best render of the image I could find, it doesn't look as much of a scrawl when drawn properly.

to be honest J69 the image is more relevant to me than the tribal stuff that is so in fashion at the moment, with it being a personal thing it's unlikely that I'll change my mind about it in years to come. Having Gabriels sigil on my arm is something that resonates for me, so your approval or opinion is of little interest. I felt however, I had to pick you up on a couple of erroneous assumptions you made.

Fair dos. But while we are picking each other up on things, threatening to do people in off the internet looks a bit sad mate!

I very nearly had sanskrit tattooes up the back of my arm but im so glad i didnt. The amount of charvers ive seen this weekend with sanskrit tattoos. It must be the new chinese symbols of the tattoo world!

Fair dos. But while we are picking each other up on things, threatening to do people in off the internet looks a bit sad mate!

I very nearly had sanskrit tattooes up the back of my arm but im so glad i didnt. The amount of charvers ive seen this weekend with sanskrit tattoos. It must be the new chinese symbols of the tattoo world!

167052[/snapback]

that whole thing was a joke mate, if anything a shit one, but a joke none-the-less

haven't had a fight since I was in school. :lol:

the worst thing about tattoos is that "celebrities" instantly ruin any original piece of body art by making it popular. How many of us wwould have thought getting a tattoo of our child on our arm in fancy lettering would have looked good pre-Beckham... one.. maybe two, it would have been a personal thing, the he got it, Bellamy etc. etc. etc. now you see hundreds of teenage dads wandering down Nortumberland street, their arm proudly declaring their little Ashlee's name for all to see.

Edit I was just thinking and the whole "haven't had a fight since school" is bollocks.. I've been counting them off in my head and I've had a few ;) most weren't proper "fights" more like the pushing, headlock scuffle thing... no real slobberknockers

Edited by The Fish

If you can't think of one to have, what exactly is the point of having one?

If you have something in mind already, go for it. If you don't, just don't get one. You'll regret getting one you don't really want anyway, so don't have one done just for the sake of it.

167036[/snapback]

very sensible words there Gol i know. I have been thinking about having one for awhile now, but i want something thats 'me' Ive seen so many people who have regretted what they chose, i just dont want to make the same mistake. Thats why i'd like something relating to one of my teams, as i know my feelings there would never change. Although ive been putting my thoughts in this thread, thats just what they are....i'd never go and have it done without being absolutely 100% sure....im the same with any decision i have to make in my life.

If you can't think of one to have, what exactly is the point of having one?

If you have something in mind already, go for it. If you don't, just don't get one. You'll regret getting one you don't really want anyway, so don't have one done just for the sake of it.

167036[/snapback]

very sensible words there Gol i know. I have been thinking about having one for awhile now, but i want something thats 'me' Ive seen so many people who have regretted what they chose, i just dont want to make the same mistake. Thats why i'd like something relating to one of my teams, as i know my feelings there would never change. Although ive been putting my thoughts in this thread, thats just what they are....i'd never go and have it done without being absolutely 100% sure....im the same with any decision i have to make in my life.

167087[/snapback]

couldn't get something football related, but you never know maybe we'll win something and I change my mind....

• 4 years later...

I've been thinking of getting one recently too and I'm definitely going to go for it for my 21st next year

Was thinking this

truth,photo,tattoo-ca8bdfdb853ea10e5b2da24d9b2a9fb2_h.jpg

because its a song from my favourite band and I still don't know what I want to do with my life so it could be kind of fitting

My advice would be don't. I got 2 when I was younger and already regret them. Fortunately they can't be seen with a T Shirt on. I can only imagine how all the people with Chinese Symbols, Celtic Bands, Stars, Clouds aal ower there arms are going to feel when they look like this . . . and that's on the body of one of the fittest sexagenarians around!

article-0-0CCB500800000578-146_468x700.jpgarticle-0-0CCB502000000578-261_468x706.jpg

Also, Maradona's face??? :huh:

maradonagh8.jpg

I have a few like, good thing is I dont mind people who dont either :huh:

Each to their own an such though Im not keen on facial tats. Equally Id not get my forearms done or hands or feet. I dont get them to parade around and equally if Im in a short sleeved work shirt I dont want people to pre-judge me, especially customer. Sadly, people do pre-judge.

I like a black and grey style and all of mine are that (no colour). I have the toon badge with a tribal back ground on a calf and some other tribal on my other calf. I have a dragon in black only across my upper back. Right arm has a viking piece (two vikings and a longship) which covers my right shoulder, bicep, tricep and across on to my chest. I am booked in to get a black phoenix on my left arm and chest in december (both these by Martin Couley who is probbaly the best in the north east at the moment, just opened a new shop in whickham after he was working from a converted dining room).

Im also mid-design on another back piece that will cover much of my lower and middle back.

Advice I would give anyone :

* Think long, think hard. Think what you like now, will you like in 40 years time. Yes, that long.

* Dont get peoples names

* Never EVER but EVER get names or pictures of current footballers / musicians etc. Acceptable when they die and they reach their final status.

* Be very careful about getting portraits, check similar work from same artist first.

* Dont pick a design right off the wall. If you pick someones old design like that the tat likely means nothing to you and you'll end up regretting it

* Yes it hurts

* It REALLY fucking hurts

* Dont get them just to look cool - you wont

* If you are worried about the cost, it doesnt mean enough to you to get it

My right arm piece covered up my first ever tattoo I had when i was 18. I got it right off the wall and as predicted, meant nothing. All others I have designed or had a hand in designing myself.

If you do get one, one of the best creams to use after is Bepanthen, the nappy cream. Just buy your own tube not one from the wifes nappy box as you really dont want an infection. Also dont get one just before going on holiday as too much sun before it's healed fades the ink. Oh same for swimming in a chlorine pool. Finally if you give blood, get your tattoo just after you give blood as you cant give blood again I think within 6 months of getting a tat.

Bout it I think ;)

This is an old thread :huh:

Well I never did get that tattoo. Though part of me still wants one but obviously not enough to do it. Bianca put me off having the NUFC crest :D;)

Recently been thinking about getting one, I've always thought once i got in shape i'd probably want one and that's what i've started doing

Not sure what i want yet, although i've got an idea, probably lyric of some sort with a design around it, although i'll not get one for the sake of it, i'll only get one once i'm sure and confident in the design i've chose like

Well I've only two.

On either arm. One is the current NUFC crest, was it CatMag who dissed it? Shame on you you sweetheart, if you're going to get one this would be it, although I'm a bit old for tattoos now I've been toying with the idea of getting the old magpie crest as I love it. First tattoo was a proper old fashioned one bought for a fiver from someones house off Scrogg Road in Walker, unlike JawD, I went on hol straight after, it's a skull with a sword going through it and a snake wound round the skull. Got it in 1992. I still like it. I'd never get a celtic band or some such as to me they look, I don't know, gimmicky?

My Dad's got a few tattoos which he regrets especially on his hands including the swallow, although he's never done time (apart from a spell in the Glasshouse).

Well I've only two.

On either arm. One is the current NUFC crest, was it CatMag who dissed it? Shame on you you sweetheart, if you're going to get one this would be it

Erm no thanks, sweetheart.

Well I've only two.

On either arm. One is the current NUFC crest, was it CatMag who dissed it? Shame on you you sweetheart, if you're going to get one this would be it

Erm no thanks, sweetheart.

:huh:

Solid advice there JawD.

Spill the beans J69; what have you got?

2 old school swallows on my shoulders, bit like this douche

249886.jpg

Was going through a hardcore phase and wanted a body full of old school tattoos, roses, anchors, swallows etc.

Thank fuck common sense prevailed!

I have a few like, good thing is I dont mind people who dont either :huh:

Each to their own an such though Im not keen on facial tats. Equally Id not get my forearms done or hands or feet. I dont get them to parade around and equally if Im in a short sleeved work shirt I dont want people to pre-judge me, especially customer. Sadly, people do pre-judge.

I like a black and grey style and all of mine are that (no colour). I have the toon badge with a tribal back ground on a calf and some other tribal on my other calf. I have a dragon in black only across my upper back. Right arm has a viking piece (two vikings and a longship) which covers my right shoulder, bicep, tricep and across on to my chest. I am booked in to get a black phoenix on my left arm and chest in december (both these by Martin Couley who is probbaly the best in the north east at the moment, just opened a new shop in whickham after he was working from a converted dining room).

Im also mid-design on another back piece that will cover much of my lower and middle back.

Advice I would give anyone :

* Think long, think hard. Think what you like now, will you like in 40 years time. Yes, that long.

* Dont get peoples names

* Never EVER but EVER get names or pictures of current footballers / musicians etc. Acceptable when they die and they reach their final status.

* Be very careful about getting portraits, check similar work from same artist first.

* Dont pick a design right off the wall. If you pick someones old design like that the tat likely means nothing to you and you'll end up regretting it

* Yes it hurts

* It REALLY fucking hurts

* Dont get them just to look cool - you wont

* If you are worried about the cost, it doesnt mean enough to you to get it

My right arm piece covered up my first ever tattoo I had when i was 18. I got it right off the wall and as predicted, meant nothing. All others I have designed or had a hand in designing myself.

If you do get one, one of the best creams to use after is Bepanthen, the nappy cream. Just buy your own tube not one from the wifes nappy box as you really dont want an infection. Also dont get one just before going on holiday as too much sun before it's healed fades the ink. Oh same for swimming in a chlorine pool. Finally if you give blood, get your tattoo just after you give blood as you cant give blood again I think within 6 months of getting a tat.

Bout it I think ;)

This has to be one of the best posts I've read on tattoos and can I expand two things:

* Make sure you check out your tattooists previous work, if possible find someone that had work by the artist previously and see if they are still happy with it - has it lost colour or definition? How are is the outline? Has it bled?

* The other thing is think about where you are putting it, how your body shape will change with time, ie. will you get fat there and in turn will that great portrait of Maradona as a young football legend on your stomach reaching up to your rib cage, actually change shape and turn into the Maradona no one wants to remember or worse Jabba the Hut.

Also swimming in salt water will draw that ink out on a new unhealed tatt, so add that to the list of don'ts.

:huh: aye some good points there.

This is Martins Couley's facebook page. You'll see why I think so much of his work. link He's the same bloke all the NUFC players have been going to (Colo was the most recent I think).

I have none, as I do believe people suit having tattoos or they don't in the same way some people can pull off wearing leather trousers. I just can't pull off either. It also hurts loads apparently so that's put me off.

If I did have one done, I'd go to a guy in Honiton who did all my brother-in-law's tattoos, and my wife's. He is very good.