Zog to stay on the Tyne

khay

Glenn Roeder has told Charles N'Zogbia that he still has a big future at Newcastle.

Damien Duff's arrival led to suggestions that the highly-rated French youngster could be pushed out of the first team picture on Tyneside.

However, Magpies chief Roeder insists that the 20-year-old - who arrived from Le Havre two years ago - is very much parts of his plans.

"Charles is a wonderful young talent," insisted Roeder.

"But he's only 20, he's still in the early stages of his footballing education and we need pressure on all places.

"I still believe he will play for France and he will play plenty of football for us. He is still very much in my plans."

I think he's on his way tbh. Hasn't signed the contract he was given 3 months ago by all accounts (if he had, we would have heard about it), and is good enough to get snapped up by a bigger club. I would just hope we get some money for him if his is going.

Considering how we got him from Le Havre, this is hardly surprising. Didn't we get Bernard under similar circumstances?

he's going nowhere , any club would be a fool to miss out on duff @ 5mill,

look at all the work they did to get charles .... nah cant see him going anywhere  :lol:

165263[/snapback]

I don't think anyone's saying we're getting rid, the worry is that he'll see out his contract and go to one of the big clubs. He's had a contract sat in front of him for 3 months which he hasn't signed and I think his current one runs out in 12 months.

I think he's shown he has the ability both to play for a big club, and to get what he wants. Maybe we should sit him down and tell him the parable of The Greedy Bernard

We'll have no choice if he doesn't sign his contract. :lol:

165266[/snapback]

We'll still get a tribunal fee.

165273[/snapback]

Because of his age?

We'll have no choice if he doesn't sign his contract. :lol:

165266[/snapback]

We'll still get a tribunal fee.

165273[/snapback]

Le Havre would love that, especially if we end up with 3/4 million.

We'll see I guess, would love to see him stay though. One of the few bright spots in the last couple of seasons for me.

We'll see I guess, would love to see him stay though. One of the few bright spots in the last couple of seasons for me.

165284[/snapback]

I would have no problem with starting in central midfield ahead of Emre. That should

be enough to make him happy and sign a contract. And knowing Emre he won't stay fit for more than 2-3 games anyway...

I would have no problem with starting in central midfield ahead of Emre. That should

be enough to make him happy and sign a contract. And knowing Emre he won't stay fit for more than 2-3 games anyway...

165287[/snapback]

I don't first team football will be enough if we're not in Europe every year, he'll probably expect regular Champion's League, but I'd hope he was holding out for UEFA qualification?

I think he has looked a bit weak in CM in the past.

165297[/snapback]

Agreed, I had thought it was just a Souness fantasy until Roeder mentioned it last week, which lends a bit more weight to the argument. He looked all right against Lillestrom on Saturday, but they're not exactly Premiership quality.

I think he has looked a bit weak in CM in the past.

165297[/snapback]

I don't disagree, but I still think he is more effective than Emre, who doesn't look rock solid either. At least N'Zogbia isn't afraid of running at players, so with adequate cover I think it could work well. And don't forget that N'Zogbia is just 20 and will still mature and get more used to the physical aspect of the game (hopefully).

I don't disagree, but I still think he is more effective than Emre

165308[/snapback]

I agree with that. I like Emre, but I think he's style over substance. Looks pretty, does little in the way of effectiveness. I don't want to sound too harsh on the lad cos I still think he's a canny player, you just get the feeling he could do more attacking wise.

165308[/snapback]

I agree with that. I like Emre, but I think he's style over substance. Looks pretty, does little in the way of effectiveness. I don't want to sound too harsh on the lad cos I still think he's a canny player, you just get the feeling he could do more attacking wise.

165499[/snapback]

N'Zog (should he adapt) to a more central role would certainly have the engine to be a box-to-box central midfielder. Something Emre isn't and possibly only Bowyer has been for us in recent years. Apart from maybe Faye :lol:

165308[/snapback]

165499[/snapback]

:lol: