UK's most convicted driver jailed - Beebage

Meenzer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/5216422.stm

UK's most convicted driver jailed 

_41931214_driver203.jpg

Manderson has an "addiction to cars", the court heard

Britain's most convicted motorist has been jailed for driving while banned for the 48th time.

Jamie Manderson, 33, from Swindon, has been disqualified from driving each year since 1988, when he was 15.

The club bouncer's solicitor, Rob Ross, said that, in addition to being hooked on drugs, Manderson had a "serious addiction to cars".

Manderson was jailed for five months by Swindon magistrates on Wednesday after admitting driving while disqualified.

He also admitted driving without insurance in June this year, shortly after a spell in prison.

Manderson has nearly 200 previous convictions, mainly for motoring matters.

About eight years ago he ran over a 12-year-old cyclist as he drove a robbery getaway car.

At Wednesday's hearing the court heard how in June Manderson was arrested outside his Swindon home after a police officer saw him parking a BMW.

He admitted the fresh offences at the local police station and was remanded in custody until Thursday's hearing.

Magistrate Mamie Beasant told Manderson: "If you keep on disobeying court orders, you will keep being brought back to this court and, I can promise you, you will go to prison."

She imposed an additional two-year driving ban.

At a previous hearing, Manderson's tally of 48 offences of driving while disqualified was labelled "unique".

Outside court his lawyer Mr Ross said: "Jamie is a likeable idiot, really. Jamie suffers from a very serious addiction to cars. He just can't leave them alone.

"During the 1980s he used to steal cars to order and he made a lot of money.

"Then, a few years ago, he got addicted to heroin, but it's the cars he's really hooked on. He just doesn't understand the words 'don't drive'."

Aww, wook at the widdle child-maiming heroin-addict serial offender... bless his cotton socks!

I think we've all met loads of 'likeable' bouncers who've ran kids over whilst driving getaway cars for robberies in our time. And addicted to cars? Yeah, right! :lol:

Club bouncers are absolute animals like (for the most part, generalisation I know). When I worked at Bliss one of them battered some bloke who gave him a bit of lip at the end of the nights when the lights were on - two punches, one as he was already on the way to the floor. Then, when this bloke turned up two minutes later with the coppers, the bouncer went round all the bar staff making it very clear that they'd better not say they'd seen him do it. They're just a law unto themselves.

"During the 1980s he used to steal cars to order and he made a lot of money."

Either his fuckwit lawyer meant the 1990s or he's trying to make his client look even worse. He'd have been 16 in 1989 wouldn't he?

Edited by alex

I think we've all met loads of 'likeable' bouncers who've ran kids over whilst driving getaway cars for robberies in our time. And addicted to cars? Yeah, right! :lol:

165241[/snapback]

You forgot heroin addict as well. Seems like an alround canny bloke tbh.

now this is the sort of bloke that should be put away fro 8 years rather than that deluded loon Wearside Jack

165481[/snapback]

8 years was about right for Wearside Jack, if not too lenient. It seems very likely now his deliberate actions resulted in several women being murdered after all, not to mention him wasting huge resources of public money.

As for this twat, I'd jail him for life, as clearly he represents a huge threat to the public.

now this is the sort of bloke that should be put away fro 8 years rather than that deluded loon Wearside Jack

165481[/snapback]

8 years was about right for Wearside Jack, if not too lenient. It seems very likely now his deliberate actions resulted in several women being murdered after all, not to mention him wasting huge resources of public money.

As for this twat, I'd jail him for life, as clearly he represents a huge threat to the public.

165525[/snapback]

Aye, both deserve serious porridge tbh.