Crespo??

aimaad22

Chelsea are supposed to be open to offers for him. Wouldnt be my first choice because of his age but we are running out of time and it doesnt look like we'll be signing Kuyt/Klose anytime soon. Crespo's still got a lot of quality about him,and I think he'll be more than useful for us. 2.5M ought to get him perhaps??

He's already stated numerous times that he wants to go back to Italy. If he wanted to stay in England he'd stay at Chelsea, after all he's been offered a plane and a house in order to stay!

Quality player though.

As had already been said, he wants to go to italy and chelski are wanting £8mil for him, inter and ac are both interested but won't pay more then £5mil, and for some reason chelski aren't selling. maybe they still want him.

Hey, its not a rumour just a possibility. I was wondering if people think we should try and get him.

If Inter and Milan have pulled out, then crespo might decide to stay in england in order to pay first team football. He's not going to get much of that at chelski with shevchenko and drogba ahead of him.

Hey, its not a rumour just a possibility. I was wondering if people think we should try and get him.

If Inter and Milan have pulled out, then crespo might decide to stay in england  in order to pay first team football. He's not going to get much of that at chelski with shevchenko and drogba ahead of him.

165476[/snapback]

What are you talking about???

From the bbc:

Chelsea hold out over Crespo fee

Chelsea have issued a statement after Hernan Crespo told an Italian newspaper he wanted to return to Serie A.

Crespo was quoted as telling Tuttosport that his "one wish" was to go back to Italy, where he has played for Parma, Lazio, Inter Milan and AC Milan.

Chelsea then said: "He is contracted for the next two years and will remain so unless we receive a suitable offer.

"Everyone at Chelsea is aware of his domestic situation and we have every sympathy for that."

Crespo owns a house in Italy and says returning there is more important than money - adding that he has turned down incentives presented by billionaire Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.

"He offered me a house, a private jet and more money, but money and success doesn't come into it," Crespo said.

"Italy is my natural environment, it's where I'll live when I retire and it's the best place to play."

Crespo, who joined Chelsea from Inter Milan for £16.8m in August 2003, was loaned to AC Milan for one season before returning to Stamford Bridge.

He said: "Abramovich is a marvellous person and Chelsea is a fantastic club, they have treated me like a king.

"The fans have been great too, but I am waiting here, just hoping my mobile will ring.

"I can guarantee that I am a healthy striker with just one wish - to return and play my sort of football."

Not a hope, if he wants to stay in England then he'll stay at Chelsea. The only reason he wants to leave them is because he wants to go back to living in Italy. We're the Barcelona of the north, not the Milan. :lol:

Chelsea are supposed to be open to offers for him. Wouldnt be my first choice because of his age but we are running out of time and it doesnt look like we'll be signing Kuyt/Klose anytime soon. Crespo's still got a lot of quality about him,and I think he'll be more than useful for us. 2.5M ought to get him perhaps??

165379[/snapback]

:lol:

165379[/snapback]

"I'm mad" tbh.

If Inter and Milan have pulled out, then crespo might decide to stay in england  in order to pay first team football. He's not going to get much of that at chelski with shevchenko and drogba ahead of him.

165476[/snapback]

No, it's not.

Also, £2.5m? :lol::quotes:

Edited by Sima

If Inter and Milan have pulled out, then crespo might decide to stay in england   in order to pay first team football. He's not going to get much of that at chelski with shevchenko and drogba ahead of him.

165476[/snapback]

No, it's not.

Also, £2.5m? :lol::quotes:

165585[/snapback]

Was beginning to wonder if I was the only one cracking up at that one. Probably pay for his left arm tbh

I wouldnt pay any more than that for him at his age. What would you wise guys be willing to spalsh out suppose he wanted to come here?

165727[/snapback]

50 cent

I wouldnt pay any more than that for him at his age. What would you wise guys be willing to spalsh out suppose he wanted to come here?

165727[/snapback]

50 cent

165729[/snapback]

Ok lads you've had your fun now :lol: Now seriously tell me the kind of offer you think would prize him away from chelsea, and we'll see if anyone will be willing to come up with it.

165727[/snapback]

50 cent

165729[/snapback]

Ok lads you've had your fun now :quotes: Now seriously tell me the kind of offer you think would prize him away from chelsea, and we'll see if anyone will be willing to come up with it.

165737[/snapback]

Well over £10million and he wouldn't come here anyway and that's a far more serious response than the questions warrants :lol:

Ok lads you've had your fun now :lol: Now seriously tell me the kind of offer you think would prize him away from chelsea, and we'll see if anyone will be willing to come up with it.

165737[/snapback]

Are you suggesting we raise the funds ourselves?

Ok lads you've had your fun now :blush: Now seriously tell me the kind of offer you think would prize him away from chelsea, and we'll see if anyone will be willing to come up with it.

165737[/snapback]

Are you suggesting we raise the funds ourselves?

165743[/snapback]

Yeah, we love the club dont we?? :D

No, I meant we'll wait and see if some club makes that offer.

Honestly - he's worth somewhere between 5-10m, I would love to see him here because I think he's one of the best finishers in the world. Really classy player, world class. He should be gracing the Champion's League with his presence every year and Mourinho is a moron for not playing him more.

His heart's in Italy, he found it very difficult to settle in London, he will never come to Newcastle.