Faye to Charlton?

Scottish Mag

CHARLTON boss Iain Dowie is trying to snap up Newcastle midfielder Amdy Faye in a bargain £1million deal.

Dowie wants more strength at the heart of his side and is negotiating to buy the former Portsmouth powerhouse.

The Senegal star, 29, has been in and out of the side since signed by Graeme Souness for £4m 18 months ago and new boss Glenn Roeder may sell to raise funds.

Dowie is also targeting Liverpool defender Djimi Traore.

CHARLTON boss Iain Dowie is trying to snap up Newcastle midfielder Amdy Faye in a bargain £1million deal.

Dowie wants more strength at the heart of his side and is negotiating to buy the former Portsmouth powerhouse.

The Senegal star, 29, has been in and out of the side since signed by Graeme Souness for £4m 18 months ago and new boss Glenn Roeder may sell to raise funds.

165475[/snapback]

Get in there Dowie.

The only question is why do we have to keep taking a hit when we sell a player?

165475[/snapback]

Get in there Dowie.

The only question is why do we have to keep taking a hit when we sell a player?

165483[/snapback]

Because we pay more than their worth to start with?

Not worth selling for £1m. I'd rather let Butt go for free and get him off the wage bill and keep Faye as cover.

165480[/snapback]

Disagree. Whatever the fee, Faye is hopeless and adds nothing to the side other than being able to run around a lot and stand in the way of players. He seems to have no natural footballing instincts. Get shot of him now for what we can get- it's not as if we're thin on the ground for central midfielders.

No-one's going to sign Butt when he's still on a cushy number here anyway.

Not worth selling for £1m. I'd rather let Butt go for free and get him off the wage bill and keep Faye as cover.

165480[/snapback]

Disagree. Whatever the fee, Faye is hopeless and adds nothing to the side other than being able to run around a lot and stand in the way of players. He seems to have no natural footballing instincts. Get shot of him now for what we can get- it's not as if we're thin on the ground for central midfielders.

165522[/snapback]

Agree with Matt there.

165480[/snapback]

165522[/snapback]

Agree with Matt there.

165533[/snapback]

Quoted for truth

165480[/snapback]

165522[/snapback]

Agree with Matt there.

165533[/snapback]

Quoted for truth

165540[/snapback]

I agree too, plus the fact I just can't be arsed to type up an opinion.

165480[/snapback]

165522[/snapback]

Agree with Matt there.

165533[/snapback]

Quoted for truth

165540[/snapback]

I agree too, plus the fact I just can't be arsed to type up an opinion.

165545[/snapback]

"

165480[/snapback]

165522[/snapback]

Ideally I'd like to be shot of both of them but getting rid of Butt on a free and keeping Faye instead would still save over £1m a year given the wages Butt is on. Faye might be rubbish but so was most of our team under Souness, I'm not saying he's suddenly going to turn into a world beater or even improve much under Roeder but I'd still prefer him to the heartless ginger thief that is Nicky Butt.

If we offer Butt on a free there may be a couple of clubs willing to pay his wages for the next couple of seasons.

Even when Faye played 'well' i.e. against Chelsea when he ran his socks off and was everywhere, he still looked fucking awful with the ball at his feet. The chance he got just outside the box that (I think) went for a throw-in was embarrassing. He looked like an average bloke on the street would in the same position. He's honest but shit I'm afraid. If we can get shot for around £1million I say take the money.

I would get rid off him and bring in Graveson..

165703[/snapback]

Gravesen is a decent player, but he wont be of any use to us. He's not better than parker, and we're stuffed in midfield already.

165703[/snapback]

Gravesen is a decent player, but he wont be of any use to us. He's not better than parker, and we're stuffed in midfield already.

165746[/snapback]

Centre midfield is certainly not "stuffed" as you put it. If Faye goes we will be left with Parker, Emre (whose fitness over a season is questionable) and Butt. You cannot even include Dyer into the equation.

It could be argued that N'Zog etc can tuck infield, but I would much rather go with a central midfielder playing in the centre than putting more square pegs in round holes.

165703[/snapback]

165746[/snapback]

Centre midfield is certainly not "stuffed" as you put it. If Faye goes we will be left with Parker, Emre (whose fitness over a season is questionable) and Butt. You cannot even include Dyer into the equation.

It could be argued that N'Zog etc can tuck infield, but I would much rather go with a central midfielder playing in the centre than putting more square pegs in round holes.

165755[/snapback]

So even if Faye leaves, we've got 3 CMs plus dyer, and other players who can slot in to that position if necessary. Apart from Zoggy, Milner is also capable of playing in an attacking central midfield position.

I wouldnt mind another CM. But only if we got a striker and a defender first. The situation in those positions needs more attention than CM.

Snap Sloth's hand off i say, Faye isn't even a footballer and if theres managers out there who think he is bigger fool them, 1 million, I'd be creaming my trunks if i were Roeder

165849[/snapback]

Fucking hell, imagine how much we could get for Faye if he could actually trap a ball?

Snap Sloth's hand off i say, Faye isn't even a footballer and if theres managers out there who think he is bigger fool them, 1 million, I'd be creaming my trunks if i were Roeder

165849[/snapback]

Fucking hell, imagine how much we could get for Faye if he could actually trap a ball?

165880[/snapback]

He can trap a ball further than i can pass it - fact