Copyrighted Stuff

khay

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the law applies to every site, message board etc. However, as N-O is high profile (esp with their links via news now) mroe attention is drawn to that forum. The club (or advisors) are likely to be made aware of the content of the site. As for this one, Im not sure, but its up to Admin if they want to run that risk. I'd assume if you did, you;d be given a warning and told to remove specific items.

Well, the law applies to every site, message board etc.  However, as N-O is high profile (esp with their links via news now) mroe attention is drawn to that forum.  The club (or advisors) are likely to  be made aware of the content of the site.  As for this one, Im not sure, but its up to Admin if they want to run that risk.  I'd assume if you did, you;d be given a warning and told to remove specific items.

165495[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

We've had a similar(ish) thread on another forum i use, mainly about always quoting a source when putting up a quote and copyright laws regarding the posting of fixtures etc.

Heres what a couple people wrote. (ive deleted names) :lol: It gets too involved for me, but was interesting as i understood from previous discussions on here that none of our fixtures must be reproduced. :razz:

Please can you ensure when pasting some news from another

site be it BBC, Sky Sports, Newspapers or what that at the

end of the quote that you state the source..

ALSO.. It is a copyright infringment if we post up fixtures lists.

Please bear this in mind.

Actually mate, it isn't. What the football league have done in the past is bully people into taking fixtures down but they are actually contravening European Law on restriction of publishing of data which is publicly available.

However, this hasn't actually gone through the EU courts yet as everyone has just removed the fixtures. If you have a few hundred thousand euros spare, you could take the football league on

He is actually right here

I've done some digging on the subject and...

Only the underlying system is subject to copyright restrictions. In the Football Leagues case, this means that their database is restricted by copyright due to the investment.

However, the fixtures list are only an easily obtainable BY PRODUCT of that database requiring very little effort to generate. As such, an individual club's fixture list does not require significant investment to extract from the database and hence is not governed by copyright rules and can be reproduced without restriction.

As a little aside: Apparently it cost £11 million a year to generate and administer the Football League Fixtures!! But lets be honest, it can't be that hard can it? It's nothing much more than picking names out of a hat automatically. That's hell'a lot of money for something seemingly so simple!

The initial post is right about quoting sources though, if you cut and paste in a newspaper article or something, you must include a reference to where it came from

source (a tractor forum i use)!! :quotes:

Ive already done some 'pruning' of posts in recent days.

As ever I ask you all to be considerate when posting 3rd party material and if you are at all concerned that you may be posting something that breeches copyright, then simply don't post it - not even a link.

The mods and admins reserve the right to remove posts and material which has the potential to get us in hot water. If you've posted something which you think needs removing and someone else has nested it within a quote, drop one of us a PM and we'll deal with it accordingly.

As ever I ask you all to be considerate when posting 3rd party material and if you are at all concerned that you may be posting something that breeches copyright, then simply don't post it - not even a link.

The mods and admins reserve the right to remove posts and material which has the potential to get us in hot water. If you've posted something which you think needs removing and someone else has nested it within a quote, drop one of us a PM and we'll deal with it accordingly.

165505[/snapback]

That seems fair to me craig. but in my previous post it seems it may be possible to post fixture lists legally (or part of) The guy who wrote that is, as far as i know very bright! Obviously i wouldnt put it to the test on here or risk getting us into the shit whatsoever, its just not worth it...but i wonder out of interest if he's correct? :lol:

165505[/snapback]

That seems fair to me craig. but in my previous post it seems it may be possible to post fixture lists legally (or part of) The guy who wrote that is, as far as i know very bright! Obviously i wouldnt put it to the test on here or risk getting us into the shit whatsoever, its just not worth it...but i wonder out of interest if he's correct? :quotes:

165506[/snapback]

It's all relative though tbf. :lol:

165505[/snapback]

That seems fair to me craig. but in my previous post it seems it may be possible to post fixture lists legally (or part of) The guy who wrote that is, as far as i know very bright! Obviously i wouldnt put it to the test on here or risk getting us into the shit whatsoever, its just not worth it...but i wonder out of interest if he's correct? :quotes:

165506[/snapback]

165509[/snapback]

:razz::scratchchin:

Edited by Toonraider

165505[/snapback]

165506[/snapback]

165509[/snapback]

:razz::scratchchin:

165513[/snapback]

Huffin' all over the world!

165505[/snapback]

That seems fair to me craig. but in my previous post it seems it may be possible to post fixture lists legally (or part of) The guy who wrote that is, as far as i know very bright! Obviously i wouldnt put it to the test on here or risk getting us into the shit whatsoever, its just not worth it...but i wonder out of interest if he's correct? :razz:

165506[/snapback]

165509[/snapback]

B) B)

165513[/snapback]

Huffin' all over the world!

165515[/snapback]

B) Havent you got bored with that yet ginger bonce? :quotes:

My hair is the very opposite of Parfitt's!! couldnt be any more different....its dark, dead straight and very long.....so ner ner ner :scratchchin:

Actually, its not that easy to come up with the fixtures. A few things have to be taken into consideration, like making sure police agree to the fixture, that nearby clubs dont both have home fixtures (again stretching police resources).

This said, a nifty little bit of software should be able to sort that.

FM2006 might do the job...

I think we (i.e. Craig and Gol) should fight this fixture list thing all the way to the European courts! The peoples' heroes and all that.

165518[/snapback]

Have you seen the equivalent thread on NO? If the (tiny) legal minds on there can't work this thing out, then nobody can tbh. Calimag wants to move the site onto a server in Romania ffs. :lol:

Francis Rossi it is then.  You're like a one-woman tribute band. :quotes:

165521[/snapback]

:razz: I give up!!!!

And you're spoiling Khay's sensible thread, go do some work albino boy!!!! :lol:

Toonelaide has resurrected (pun intended) 'The Magic of Jesus' thread because he was worried about it being deleted while the thread 'pruning' on N-O was taking place :lol:

Toonelaide has resurrected (pun intended) 'The Magic of Jesus' thread because he was worried about it being deleted while the thread 'pruning' on N-O was taking place :lol:

165530[/snapback]

Well he has quoted liberally from the bible. Probably worried about God seeking divine retribution for copyright infringement.

:lol: Like none of us can read the bible. Honestly though, the stuff he came out with in that thread is scary. A quote from the bible to back up every argument, and where he didn't have an argument......well, just a quote from the bible anyway. Mental.

Like you said though too if we can pay £X for a season ticket or whatever it's not like it's the end of the world for some of them to stump up the £11.99 for Newcastle World really is it? Although some are going on like it is.

Yeah, technically speaking you're not supposed to C+P stories from the BBC website as it does say © BBC at the bottom

165587[/snapback]

Watch Rob's post rate fall like a blind roofer

165602[/snapback]

So its not all bad news then ?

:lol:

Yeah, technically speaking you're not supposed to C+P stories from the BBC website as it does say © BBC at the bottom

165587[/snapback]

165602[/snapback]

165603[/snapback]

His mate wrote the current copyright laws I believe.

165587[/snapback]

165602[/snapback]

165603[/snapback]

His mate wrote the current copyright laws I believe.

165607[/snapback]

Ah, I was thinking that maybe he did.