Copyrighted Stuff

khay

Suppose I had a clip, uploaded onto a site and provided the link on some other website; then gave a link to that website here. Im sure that would be illegal too, is it??

166105[/snapback]

The whole crux of the clip in question is that you have to pay to watch it. If it's posted on YouTube, it's evading that payment.

Would it be right for us to walk through an open gate at SJP rather than pay for a ticket?

166140[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing things up.

I disagree slightly with you on the matter, however. Now, hacking off clips from Newcastle World would be unfair since those clips belong completely to the club. But suppose Im capping clips from Sky or BBC, im paying for those channels and the club itself gets a good deal of money in broadcasting rights etc from those channels. Thus in my opinion its fair to have a ban on distributing clips from Newcastle World, but not from other sources. Even if the clips reach people who havent subscribed for those channels, the club shouldnt be bothered. The fee they get more than compensates for that in my opnion.

166312[/snapback]

If Sky turn around and ask for clips of something that was displayed on one of their channels to be removed, they are well within their rights as they own the copyright and it is allowing the possibility of someone who has not paid a subscription to view their material.

Same goes for the BBC really because people who have not paid the TV licence would be able to view material.

The only 'safe' submissions to YouTube are effectively home-made clips :D

166327[/snapback]

What excatly would qualify as 'home-made'? I thought home-made compilations are banned as well.

166331[/snapback]

Home-made??

Camcorder stuff - you filmed it, you own it! :D

166340[/snapback]

like the video of imogen that her ex boyfriend released on the net :blush:

166353[/snapback]

:D

And the link is? :razz:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Suppose I had a clip, uploaded onto a site and provided the link on some other website; then gave a link to that website here. Im sure that would be illegal too, is it??

166105[/snapback]

The whole crux of the clip in question is that you have to pay to watch it. If it's posted on YouTube, it's evading that payment.

Would it be right for us to walk through an open gate at SJP rather than pay for a ticket?

166140[/snapback]

I disagree slightly with you on the matter, however. Now, hacking off clips from Newcastle World would be unfair since those clips belong completely to the club. But suppose Im capping clips from Sky or BBC, im paying for those channels and the club itself gets a good deal of money in broadcasting rights etc from those channels. Thus in my opinion its fair to have a ban on distributing clips from Newcastle World, but not from other sources. Even if the clips reach people who havent subscribed for those channels, the club shouldnt be bothered. The fee they get more than compensates for that in my opnion.

166312[/snapback]

If Sky turn around and ask for clips of something that was displayed on one of their channels to be removed, they are well within their rights as they own the copyright and it is allowing the possibility of someone who has not paid a subscription to view their material.

Same goes for the BBC really because people who have not paid the TV licence would be able to view material.

The only 'safe' submissions to YouTube are effectively home-made clips :D

166327[/snapback]

What excatly would qualify as 'home-made'? I thought home-made compilations are banned as well.

166331[/snapback]

Home-made??

166340[/snapback]

like the video of imogen that her ex boyfriend released on the net :blush:

166353[/snapback]

:D

And the link is? :razz:

166357[/snapback]

entrapment tbh

pm? hehe

Who do you think I am, the internet police? :D

166362[/snapback]

Batman of the internet tbh.

costumed-smiley-009.gif

166371[/snapback]

:blush:

ansa52760081309175819_big.jpg

fame at last!

166105[/snapback]

166140[/snapback]

166312[/snapback]

The only 'safe' submissions to YouTube are effectively home-made clips :razz:

166327[/snapback]

166331[/snapback]

Home-made??

166340[/snapback]

like the video of imogen that her ex boyfriend released on the net :D

166353[/snapback]

or like the clip of Shearer singing along to U2 in his car :blush:

like the video of imogen that her ex boyfriend released on the net :D

166353[/snapback]

Well now that I've perused the said video, I suspect that when she realises that it's been released in the open it probably won't be the first time she's been disappointed....

And if I was the boyfriend, there's no way I'd have let that in the open - two minute taffy tbh!