How much of a tit would you feel..

WubbleUC

I'm still putting it through my German-manufactured humour processing machine (Humortiefanalysenanlage), which should provide an explanation as to why it was funny within half an hour or so. Then we can all nod and say "ah yes, I am seeing it now. This is being very witty."

I can't be the only one that LOVES things like You've Been Framed.  People take the piss out of it, and the shocking puns by Beadle and that idiot Lisa Riley do spoil the show, but I sit and piss myself at some of the videos on it. :blush:

165719[/snapback]

My fella pisses himself even when somebody trips over in the street in front of us. I'm constantly having to drag us into shop doorways or behind bus shelters to stop us getting physically assaulted. :D

165725[/snapback]

Are you calling me a hom? :blush:

:razz:

165735[/snapback]

Flagrant tbh.

The Germans have a "You've Been Framed" equivalent called "Upps!" (yes, it's German for "oops"). Why bother with a clever title when you can get straight to the point, after all?

165748[/snapback]

Isegrim doesn't bother with "Upps!". He prefers a loud booming "BOLL-OX!!!" as heard by pretty much everyone in Eldon Square when he put a shot wide at the footy. :D

165753[/snapback]

Was that before or after he tried to beat the shit out of the goal posts? :D

I'm still putting it through my German-manufactured humour processing machine (Humortiefanalysenanlage), which should provide an explanation as to why it was funny within half an hour or so. Then we can all nod and say "ah yes, I am seeing it now. This is being very witty."

165797[/snapback]

:D I'm trying to decide which language to learn next, German is very tempting.

165797[/snapback]

:D I'm trying to decide which language to learn next, German is very tempting.

165802[/snapback]

You'd better like obscenely long compound nouns. It's no wonder translators working into German bill by the character and not the word.

You'd better like obscenely long compound nouns. It's no wonder translators working into German bill by the character and not the word.

165805[/snapback]

It's one of the things that attracts me, when people find out I know a bit about computers I end up sorting out their various computer problems, so I've had to sort out a fair few German versions of Windows, compound-tastic.

Everything about Germany appeals to my sense of humour, perhaps unsurprisingly. :D

EDIT: German Windows does make it look like a comedy made-up language, like they've just glued a few English words together and 'Teutonised' it. Things like Filesystemwerken etc.

Edited by DotBum

He's probably more ashamed of being shown across the internet as being a Skoda driver tbh.

:D

165731[/snapback]

Living in the eighties Jimbo.

The Fabia is an excellent supermini, a better value VW Polo basically. Former 'What Car?' Car of the year too.

165805[/snapback]

It's one of the things that attracts me, when people find out I know a bit about computers I end up sorting out their various computer problems, so I've had to sort out a fair few German versions of Windows, compound-tastic.

Everything about Germany appeals to my sense of humour, perhaps unsurprisingly. :D.

165807[/snapback]

Technical documentation, bureaucracy-speak and legalese are the way to go. Apparently something like 60% of the world's tax literature is published in German. No wonder the economy's fucked.............. </robw>

He's probably more ashamed of being shown across the internet as being a Skoda driver tbh.

165731[/snapback]

The Fabia is an excellent supermini, a better value VW Polo basically. Former 'What Car?' Car of the year too.

165808[/snapback]

Got one? :blush:

165731[/snapback]

165808[/snapback]

Got one? :razz:

165810[/snapback]

:blush:

I knew someone would say that.

No, I've got an Audi A3 (the expensive Golf) when it probably would have been more sensible to get an Octavia (or Seat Leon), the value Golfs.

EDIT:  German Windows does make it look like a comedy made-up language, like they've just glued a few English words together and 'Teutonised' it.  Things like Filesystemwerken etc.

165807[/snapback]

:D I'm still using the PC I had made up for me when I moved to Germany in mid-2001, with German-language Windows and all. Some of the terms are completely different and impenetrable, and then you get the comedy couldn't-be-arsed translations. "Systemadministrator" anyone? :blush: