If you could change a moment in time

magelaide

What would you change?

We had a primary school child in emergency today. Had been feeling ill for the past 12 hours, however her family passed it off as the young girl not wanting to go on school camp (started today). She's currently in ICU fighting for her life.

Her poor family are beating themselves up over it - we see it so often and try and reassure them that they did nothing wrong and that the symptoms of such an illness are very common for other ailments that dont require urgent medical attention. I for one don't envy their position - they are absolutely heartbroken and feel they are to blame, lots of "If only" and "I wish" being thrown around.

I'm sure everyone has things they arent proud of and wish they could change. Todays happenings are my least favoured part of the job. Maybe we should have had those drinks today, not yesterday!

The only moment I would change is when my daughter was scratched by one of our cats, she was only a baby, it scratched her down her face, three deep claw marks from her eyes to her lip.

Scarred her for life, the only thing I'm thankful for is that it didn't blind her, and if you saw the scars, you'd realise what a miracle that was.

Are the scars not fading as she gets older, Jimbo?  That's a shame that like, poor little bugger.

165783[/snapback]

She's nearly 7 now and they are begining to fade slightly, although I still think they are very noticeable, I've grown acustomed to them over the years but I think some people still do a double-take.

Thankfully when she's older she'll be able to hide them with make up, but I dread kids at school taking the piss, so far they've all be ok with her about it but you know how cruel kids can be, especially girls.

She's nearly 7 now and they are begining to fade slightly, although I still think they are very noticeable, I've grown acustomed to them over the years but I think some people still do a double-take.

Thankfully when she's older she'll be able to hide them with make up, but I dread kids at school taking the piss, so far they've all be ok with her about it but you know how cruel kids can be, especially girls.

165794[/snapback]

:D Sorry to hear that, I suppose Harry Potter may have made it slightly cool? That's not meant to be flippant btw.

165794[/snapback]

:D Sorry to hear that, I suppose Harry Potter may have made it slightly cool? That's not meant to be flippant btw.

165798[/snapback]

I'd gladly have them on her forehead instead !

Don't worry Jimbo, get her to tell the story about how she did it in a fight where the other kid lost a limb, they won't mock then.

By the way, if I could change a moment in time, I wouldn't have had that extra pint.

would have asked me dad to go to Kings School, instead of Seaton Sluice Middle School.

not because I'm pretentious, but simply the work ethic I'd attained at first school was fucking obliterated in the middle school. Sluice first school gets awards and the like, but all that good work is destroyed by the village's middle school. All my mates say the same mind, I'm not the only one to have complaints about it.

The only moment I would change is when my daughter was scratched by one of our cats, she was only a baby, it scratched her down her face, three deep claw marks from her eyes to her lip.

Scarred her for life, the only thing I'm thankful for is that it didn't blind her, and if you saw the scars, you'd realise what a miracle that was.

165765[/snapback]

What did you do to the cat?

165765[/snapback]

What did you do to the cat?

165927[/snapback]

I took it to the cats protection league as soon as we were back from the hospital.

I took it to the cats protection league as soon as we were back from the hospital.

165982[/snapback]

did you do without, replace it, or go the Dog route?

Thats why I'd never have a cat, to fast and sly, i would have put a pair of welding gloves on and strangled the bastard slowly

165985[/snapback]

wouldn't have cats round young kids to be honest

165982[/snapback]

did you do without, replace it, or go the Dog route?

165984[/snapback]

Nope, no pets anymore, not worth the risk, as much as I would turn back time if I could i don't really blame the cat, at the end of the day, you have to respect the fact, with pets you are allowing an animal in your house and no matter how domesticated they are they all have their basic tendancies.

I blame myself more than I blame the animal, should never have had pets whilst the kids are so young.

165982[/snapback]

Should've went with the sack and couple of bricks route.

I can't stand cats, they always seem to be violent jealous creatures.

165982[/snapback]

Should've went with the sack and couple of bricks route.

I can't stand cats, they always seem to be violent jealous creatures.

166045[/snapback]

Agreed. Never seen the attraction in them tbh.

There are many many moments i would change

if i could go back to when i was 12, i'd want to have been woken up and taken to hospital the night my mum died, just to have seen her that last time, instead i was told in the morning.

Shoot Ian Woan or Graham Fenton at the appropriate moment.

On a personal note I wish I'd left the North-East 5 years earlier than I did when I first had the chance - thats not disparaging the area - its just that I was stuck in the same rut for longer.

Guest Toplass-101

Cant think of anything ive done thats been really bad, I once killed a Gerbil, so perhaps id change that.