Venables and Thompson

peasepud

Just been reading an article in the Sunday Times about what happened to them after being locked up. Seems both are (quite rightly) haunted about what they did and when they went inside quickly settled down to become model prisoners, working hard at school and have now settled into normal lives.

Ive got to admit that after reading it, the whole emotional "string them up" stuff goes out of the window and you realise that sometimes the prison service can do its stuff to sort out what must have been two seriously messed up kids.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, read that too. HTL wanted them hanged iirc :blush:

165836[/snapback]

:D

I was in Liverpool when the Bulger murder occurred. What they did was horrific, but the lynch mob mentality shown by fully grown adults afterwards was even worse imo.

165836[/snapback]

I was in Liverpool when the Bulger murder occurred. What they did was horrific, but the lynch mob mentality shown by fully grown adults afterwards was even worse imo.

165854[/snapback]

I agree, well, nearly as bad anyway. What sort of person (unlinked to the case) turns up to behave like an animal on these occasions. More arsed about trouble making than 'justice' that's for sure.

I read it as well and it painted them in a good light but we've no idea if what the writer was true or not as we've no idea of what the lads are like. Its just one person's slant on it and could have been an article where she decided to break from common consensus for the sake of it. I personally take everything in the media with a pinch of salt.

165836[/snapback]

165854[/snapback]

anyone remember that woman who had 'paedo' sprayed across the front of her house?

turned out she was a doctor working on a childrens ward???

Some local spacka thougt he was doing his community a favour but got confused between paedophile and pediatricion

anyone remember that woman who had 'paedo' sprayed across the front of her house?

Some local spacka thougt he was doing his community a favour but got confused between paedophile and pediatricion

165879[/snapback]

Brasseye, Shirley?

Thanks to the extremely helpful News of the World campaign, which apart from leading to the targetting of inncocent people led to lots of paedophiles whose whereabouts was known 'going underground'. They know best though, eh?

165879[/snapback]

Brasseye, Shirley?

165883[/snapback]

Unfortunately not.

A similar thing happened locally a few months back - two thugs were found guilty of torturing to death an innocent man they wrongly accused of being a paedophile.

Some people just want an excuse to act out their own sick desires it seems.

Ahh, fond memories of Portsmouth mothers leaving their devil-spawn toddlers unattended to stand on the street waving signs saying "PEODOPHILS OUT IN IT"...

It was the Paedo Summer that made me first want to leave the country, actually... the whole place felt oppressively reactionary around that time, what with the petrol protests and everything else going on. People seem to have chilled out a bit more now. Or found less high-profile targets for their bile, I don't know.

165879[/snapback]

Brasseye, Shirley?

165883[/snapback]

Unfortunately not.

165887[/snapback]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/901723.stm

Aye, read that too. HTL wanted them hanged iirc :D

165836[/snapback]

HTL wants EVERYONE hanged... or burnt... or stoned to death...........

a REAL conservative that lad.....

165836[/snapback]

165915[/snapback]

I'll take that option please.

165836[/snapback]

165915[/snapback]

In the "chopping people's limbs off and conserving them in bottles" sense?

10 year old kids entirely blamed for what happened- don't ever remember their parents being persucuted when surely the kids upbringing must have to brought into contention....?

10 year old kids entirely blamed for what happened- don't ever remember their parents being persucuted when surely the kids upbringing must have to brought into contention....?

165999[/snapback]

From what I remember there were all sorts of horror stories about their families, again how much is shite journalism and how much real. Always remember the story that one of them was allowed to sit up and watch 18 rated horror films.

However shit their parents were, it doesnt make them liable for what they did to that kid. They were let out after 8 years for pre-meditatively taking a toddler to somewhere quiet, caving his head in with a brick and tying him to a railway line to be dismembered.

People who fraud money off the government have been given longer than that.

A crime like that can never be forgiven IMO.

From the facts disclosed at trial, at this location, one of the boys threw blue modelling paint on Bulger's face. They kicked him and hit him with bricks, stones and a 22 lb (10 kg) iron bar. It was reported that the boys molested James's penis (the exact details are somewhat vague, but they denied this action) and placed batteries in his mouth. (False reports that the batteries were placed in his rectum were spread by a chain letter.) Before they left him, the boys laid James across the train tracks and weighed his head down with rubble, in hopes that a passing train would hit James and make his death appear to be an accident involving a careless boy and a train. Two days later, on the Sunday of the next week, James's body was discovered; a forensic pathologist later testified that Bulger had died before his body was run over by an oncoming train.

They dont deserve to live, never mind live protected for the rest of their lives

However shit their parents were, it doesnt make them liable for what they did to that kid. They were let out after 8 years for  pre-meditatively taking a toddler to somewhere quiet, caving his head in with a brick and tying him to a railway line to be dismembered.

People who fraud money off the government have been given longer than that.

A crime like that can never be forgiven IMO.

166017[/snapback]

Yeah but they were 10 at the time, the parents must take liability for it, the quote I read in the article that made the most sense was "he knew that what they had done was "evil" unquestionably, but that did not mean they were evil too"

I defy anyone to read the article and not see the sense in what was being said, that the justice system can (if kids are found early enough) turn around children who have carried out major crimes.

....They dont deserve to live, never mind live protected for the rest of their lives

166018[/snapback]

Ahhh that'll be the new life, home, car and money that they get from the Government will it?

Well actually that aint the case, they were given new identities but nothing more, they go out and have welfare officers to help them until they're sorted. They had to become new people, have life stories that werent their own and have to remember to be someone totally new, never mention their past to anyone etc. No cars, houses or stunning blonde supermodel girlfriend on the state.

If 10 year old kids have it in them to kill, then yeah I agree there must be something inherent within them that makes them capable of committing such a crime, but surely a high proportion of the blame has to be on the way they've been brought up and the values that have been instilled in them?