New signing next week?

JawD

I understand chairman Freddy Shepherd and Glenn Roeder had hoped to add to their excellent acquisition of Damien Duff with another new face before PSV Eindhoven arrive at St James' Park on Saturday.

But while I gather this has been put off until next week there is most definitely something on the go on the United transfer front.

Shepherd never usually misses a United game home or abroad but he was not at Carrow Road for last night's friendly with Norwich City and was said to be away on "club business."

And, just as significantly, Roeder did not travel back with the United squad to Tyneside last night but instead stayed in the South.

A United source told me today: "We are hoping for more transfer activity early next week."

From R.Gill

I like the bit in the full article that we turned down Bernard after he asked for a trial.

Gan on Bernard, fuck off yer greedy cunt.

Over at spastics.com, one of the ITKs reckons we're talking to Spurs about Defoe with Luque going the other way as a makeweight.

165941[/snapback]

Over at spastics.com, one of the ITKs reckons we're talking to Spurs about Duff with Luque going the other way as a makeweight.

165941[/snapback]

I would lurrrrrve that deal to go through. As long as Levy doesn't ask us to continue to pay Luque's wages.

Over at spastics.com, one of the ITKs reckons we're talking to Spurs about Duff with Luque going the other way as a makeweight.

165941[/snapback]

I would lurrrrrve that deal to go through. As long as Levy doesn't ask us to continue to pay Luque's wages.

165950[/snapback]

:D

problem is can we afford to lose any more forwards? if luque goes we really need 3 imho (this is a squad game after all etc etc)

165941[/snapback]

165950[/snapback]

:D

problem is can we afford to lose any more forwards? if luque goes we really need 3 imho (this is a squad game after all etc etc)

165975[/snapback]

If we swap Luque for Defoe we're not losing one, we're upgrading one. I'm assuming people are taking the highlighted bit as a typo.

I think we should wait till January before we off load Luque at a cut-price. Yes he had a shite season last year, due to injury and attitude problems. But I think if he is given a chance this season he will play well. And if he hasn't improved by Jan, then we should sell him.

*Awaits barrage of replies telling me why I am wrong and deserve to be shot. Repeatedly. Out of a cannon*

I think we should wait till January before we off load Luque at a cut-price. Yes he had a shite season last year, due to injury and attitude problems. But I think if he is given a chance this season he will play well. And if he hasn't improved by Jan, then we should sell him.

*Awaits barrage of replies telling me why I am wrong and deserve to be shot. Repeatedly. Out of a cannon*

165990[/snapback]

I'd still be willing to give him a chance until Christmas, although I think his chances are less than 50/50 of making it; but if an option of him plus 5m for Defoe came along I'd hope the club took it.

165990[/snapback]

I'd still be willing to give him a chance until Christmas, although I think his chances are less than 50/50 of making it; but if an option of him plus 5m for Defoe came along I'd hope the club took it.

165993[/snapback]

Looks like I wont need that crash helmet afterall...

165990[/snapback]

165993[/snapback]

yeah but we're gonna have to pay a lot more than 5M arent we?

yeah but we're gonna have to pay a lot more than 5M arent we?

165998[/snapback]

If it's much more than that I wouldn't be too happy. I'm worried by the prospect of paying any more than 10m for Defoe and if we're going to offload Luque for 2m we'll surely get that at Christmas no matter how badly he does, or he might come good and save us 5/10m quid.

Edited by DotBum

Jol likes a little & large combination, Defoe and Keane both (rightfully) expect to be first choice. Something's got to give.