FAO Rob

Guest alex

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/other_spor...ing/5221122.stm

Tour de France winner Floyd Landis has given a positive drugs test, according to his Phonak team.

The American, who claimed victory in the Tour de France on Sunday, has tested positive for the male sex hormone testosterone.

The positive test came after stage 17 of the Tour, which saw Landis record an epic victory after collapsing on the final climb the day before.

Landis has been suspended pending results of his B sample analysis.

The International Cycling Union (UCI) announced on Wednesday that a rider had failed a doping test but would not reveal his name.

"The Phonak Cycling Team was notified on Wednesday by the UCI of an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone ratio in the test made on Floyd Landis after stage 17 of the Tour de France," said a team statement.

"The team management and the rider were both totally surprised of this physiological result.

"The rider will ask in the upcoming days for the counter analysis (B sample) to prove either that this result has come from a natural process or that this is the result of a mistake."

Phonak have also said that if the second sample confirms the positive test, Landis will be sacked.

Landis had already withdrawn from two races in Europe this week, Wednesday's Acht van Chaam street race in the Netherlands and Thursday's Jyske Bank Grand Prix in Denmark.

"Today, Phonak confirmed the cancellation. They could not say anything about why Landis has disappeared," said Jyske Bank Grand Prix spokesman Nils Finderup.

"We have tried to call him, to call his agent, and to call the head of the Phonak team, but no one has answered."

Organisers of the Acht van Chaam event were also angry at Landis' no-show.

"We have tried to contact Floyd and his manager but we have not been able to," said race agent John van den Akker.

"We are very annoyed. We have invested a lot of money to ensure his appearance and we would have expected some kind of explanation."

Jesus wept :D

The American, who claimed victory in the Tour de France on Sunday, has tested positive for the male sex hormone testosterone.

165937[/snapback]

Now, I may be thick as fuck, but he's male, therefore he's bound to have testosterone. Non?

Now, I may be thick as fuck, but he's male, therefore he's bound to have testosterone. Non?

165946[/snapback]

That was my first though, too. It specifies "unusual amounts" later in the article. Is there any possibility at all that these tests have gotten so stringent that it's no longer drugs they;re picking up, but unusual bio-chemical activity? I'm guessing no.

Come on lads

HE's A PROFESSIONAL CYCLIST

"an unusual level of testosterone/epitestosterone ratio "

in other words it doesn't look natural..........................

I'm pretty sure I've got ludicrously high testosterone levels like.  Grrrrrrr.

165954[/snapback]

it's all in yer mouth though

165954[/snapback]

165972[/snapback]

You disgust me.

165980[/snapback]

that's as maybe, but you digest men! :D

165954[/snapback]

165972[/snapback]

You disgust me.

165980[/snapback]

Who's do you prefer?

Anyway it seems he had a really tough day and looked like dropping out of the rankings - the next day he zoomed up Mt Everest about 20 kms ahead of the pack, singing, playing the accordion, and juggling three balls as he went

Only in cycling would no-one ask how.......................................

Anyway it seems he had a really tough day and looked like dropping out of the rankings - the next day he zoomed up Mt Everest about 20 kms ahead of the pack, singing, playing the accordion, and juggling three balls  as he went

Only in cycling would no-one ask how.......................................

166311[/snapback]

Don't remember you saying anything about it at the time either.

Not on here but over on The GREAT Board

" Re: Le Tour de France: Big shocks and big cock ups leads to an interesting finale.

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 08:11:43 AM »

You really think its A SHOCK when half the top riders are found to be using drugs?

And I thought it was very very interesting that a couple of leaders have performed very well on one day on the mountain stages and then had a really, really bad day the next (anyone remember Tommy Simpson?)

as for interesting ............................. the only interest is in watching a car crash of a sport and to see how many of the drug addled participants get caught

The rapturous, wild & ineffable pleasure of drinking at someone else's expense" :D:blush::razz::D:D

I meant specifically mentioning that his performance was suspicious in that stage at the time. The quote above hardly qualifies as insight, it's common knowledge tbh.

the fact that a couple of leaders had shown a "sudden change in form" on the mt stages was mentioned but I (Fiend Finder General) actually linked it to previous occasions when drugs had been used

the fact that a couple of leaders had shown a "sudden change in form" on the mt stages was mentioned but I (Fiend Finder General) actually linked it to previous occasions when drugs had been used

166441[/snapback]

witchfinder_general.jpg

Me mam kept that photo in her purse.............................

Not a bad likeness - but it does miss out the firelighters...............

Me mam kept that photo in her purse............................. 

Not a bad likeness - but it does miss out the firelighters...............

166502[/snapback]

Can you do the voice though Bob?

Alex - he stole MY voice.................................

166507[/snapback]

:D Vincent Price (mainly due to his voice) is the only decent thing about that fillum.