Friday's gossip column

khay

Anal claims we're not interested in Bridge!

166446[/snapback]

That's cos he's still wanking over the idea of SWP making his way north! :D

have Bridge at £2m? well yes thankyouverymuch Mr Abramovich

have Harewood for player plus Cash? no fucking thankyou Mr Pardew

I think we shuoldn't buy squad players like Harewood, save the cash for someone who is a genuine line-leader. Save it for Ashton, or Klose

I think we shuoldn't buy squad players like Harewood, save the cash for someone who is a genuine line-leader. Save it for Ashton, or Klose

166466[/snapback]

Ah yes, the old "all the eggs in one basket" approach, thats never let us down before.

166466[/snapback]

Ah yes, the old "all the eggs in one basket" approach, thats never let us down before.

166533[/snapback]

yes you're right, lets hope that fucking no-marks will lead us to glory

:D

Who needs no-marks when we have the likes of Dyer, Owen and Emre eh?

166568[/snapback]

missed the point wonderfully there ewerk

what is the point of signing Harewood who will score less than Ameobi?

Rather than losing a decent player and spending money on some shitehawk who is no better than what we've got, why not sign a player with pedigree (Klose) or promise (Ashton)

I don't mean sign a name, I mean sign a talent. Harewood is not a talent and we'd be losign a talented young player in the exchange

makes plenty of sense for West Ham, but no sense for us

oh an p.s. Owen transformed our team when fit, Emre is decent and we all know how good Dyer can be, when fit.

But he wont score less than ameobi. he proved that last season. He also scored more than ashton, whos been showing promise for almost as long as dyer has!

166588[/snapback]

Ashton joined with a injury and was only there for half a season, so not a fair comment.

And ashton has scored in the prem for both west ham and norwich.

But i know that Harewood will score more than shola.

Who needs no-marks when we have the likes of Dyer, Owen and Emre eh?

166568[/snapback]

missed the point wonderfully there ewerk

what is the point of signing Harewood who will score less than Ameobi?

Rather than losing a decent player and spending money on some shitehawk who is no better than what we've got, why not sign a player with pedigree (Klose) or promise (Ashton)

I don't mean sign a name, I mean sign a talent. Harewood is not a talent and we'd be losign a talented young player in the exchange

makes plenty of sense for West Ham, but no sense for us

oh an p.s. Owen transformed our team when fit, Emre is decent and we all know how good Dyer can be, when fit.

166576[/snapback]

Fucking fantastic idea if we had Abramovich's riches but unfortunately when you have to work under a restricted budget choices have to be made. Yes we can go out and sign the Klose's and Ashton's of the game but what happens if they get injured? We're fucked. We need the not so stellar names who don't attract the big fees to make up the numbers and fill in when necessary.

If there is one thing we should've learnt from the Souness period it is not to go and blow the budget on a few high priced players as they can turn out to be either shite or injured. You've said we shouldn't spend the cash on squad players so you think we should just have 11 first teamers and hope they're all available for every game? A very short sighted view if true.

Fucking fantastic idea if we had Abramovich's riches but unfortunately when you have to work under a restricted budget choices have to be made. Yes we can go out and sign the Klose's and Ashton's of the game but what happens if they get injured? We're fucked. We need the not so stellar names who don't attract the big fees to make up the numbers and fill in when necessary.

If there is one thing we should've learnt from the Souness period it is not to go and blow the budget on a few high priced players as they can turn out to be either shite or injured. You've said we shouldn't spend the cash on squad players so you think we should just have 11 first teamers and hope they're all available for every game? A very short sighted view if true.

166599[/snapback]

pernickety to the extreme tbh

I mean that there is absolutely no point in spending that much on Marlon Harewood when he will not solve any problem at the club.

He is at best Ameobi's equal, this is not good enough.

You seem to advocate pointless expenditure, I'd rather we didn't spend anything than waste in on Harewood.

If Ashton or Klose are available go for them, if not, then don't waste the cash on a make-weight.

what is the point in signing a player who we will be looking to replace in the summer? Harewood is nothing more than an Ameobi-esque forward, neither reliable nor promising. So I fail to see any benefit in the signature. If, however you draw some degree of joy from fruitless purchases then, by all means, lets sign Harewood and all other no marks we can can grab.

There's a difference between high priced players that Souness blew wads over and genuinely valuable players. Graeme would have spent double on Duff, and sold Bowyer fer half.

I would imagine Ashton would cost a bomb as he's only been there six months.

Harewood would cost less, and IMO looks a better player than Shola and would be a good signing but we can't afford to get rid of another striker in order to get him.

I would imagine Ashton would cost a bomb as he's only been there six months.

Harewood would cost less, and IMO looks a better player than Shola and would be a good signing but we can't afford to get rid of another striker in order to get him.

166652[/snapback]

Well it's a good job it was Milner then..

166599[/snapback]

pernickety to the extreme tbh

I mean that there is absolutely no point in spending that much on Marlon Harewood when he will not solve any problem at the club.

He is at best Ameobi's equal, this is not good enough.

You seem to advocate pointless expenditure, I'd rather we didn't spend anything than waste in on Harewood.

If Ashton or Klose are available go for them, if not, then don't waste the cash on a make-weight.

what is the point in signing a player who we will be looking to replace in the summer? Harewood is nothing more than an Ameobi-esque forward, neither reliable nor promising. So I fail to see any benefit in the signature. If, however you draw some degree of joy from fruitless purchases then, by all means, lets sign Harewood and all other no marks we can can grab.

There's a difference between high priced players that Souness blew wads over and genuinely valuable players. Graeme would have spent double on Duff, and sold Bowyer fer half.

166622[/snapback]

I wasn't speaking just about Harewood. The point I'm making is that we're going to have to make a few low profile signings who will be squad players and not necessarily improve our starting XI. I'm not advocating slapping in a £10m bid for Harewood but at the right price he could do a job for us.

Have people actually seen Harewood play, or are they just looking at how many goals he scored last season?

He scored 5 more goals than Shola in 7 more games. However, go on Ameobi's form when Roeder took over, and the stats look better for Shola.

People say that Ameobi is championship at best, yet still want to sign Harewood? To spend money on him AND lose Milner would be a terrible bit of business for us, but fantastic for West Ham.

This is the same Marlon Harewood who, the season before last, wasn't even considered good enough for West Ham in the Championship and most of their fans wanted him gone.

He had a better season last year - he's no improvement on what we have and we don't have the luxury of being able to buy 'willy-nilly'.

Ashton - yes please!

Harewood - no thanks!

Bond just said on SSN that any talk of Bridge was purely speculation..

166783[/snapback]

I know I'm grabbing at a huge bale of straws here, but he's not exactly denying anything though is he?