So it was Faye who was the key to us getting 7th..

Scottish Mag

Skysports.com can reveal Charlton are chasing Newcastle midfielder Amdy Faye.

The Addicks have enquired about the Senegal international as they look to bolster their squad ahead of the new season.

Faye has struggled to hold down a regular place in the Newcastle side since arriving from Portsmouth 18 months ago and could be interested in a new challenge.

Newcastle have indicated they could be willing to do business for Faye at the right price as they look to fund their own transfer plans.

Charlton boss Iain Dowie is thought to be a big admirer of Faye and the player's agent Willie McKay admitted Charlton were one of several clubs looking at the former Auxerre ace.

"There are several clubs interested in Amdy and Charlton are one of them," McKay told skysports.com.

"I have spoken to [chief executive] Andy Mills and Iain Dowie and they are very keen on doing a deal for Amdy.

"I have also spoken to Freddy Shepherd and Newcastle are looking to get back what they paid for Amdy.

"Glenn Roeder told me Amdy was probably their best player in the final few games of last season and they want the best price for him if they are to sell him."

If you were manager and somebody came in showing an interest in a player you don't think highly of or then again did prove to be a good player then of course your going to turn around and talk shite to get rid of him. He's not going to say well yeah actually he was shite and shouldn't be on a football pitch when a million pounds is waved your way...!

I think we are refering to the probability that it's his agent talking shite not Roder

166291[/snapback]

As long as it helps get him sold i don't care who says what to who!

But if Roeder is sayign it then he's doing a great job because its far better talking up players to shift them than use the "Souness technique" of rubbishing a players ability and character for weeks before making it clear you are desperate to sell!

Yep, thats probably his agent talking rubbish. The idea of Faye being our best player is laughable.

However if it was really Glen, then I think it was rather clever of the man for reason already explained in the above posts.