say it with me

there was no Godfather part three

say it enough and not only will it come to pass, but all fairies will lose their wings and die.

Easily the film i've watched the most in my lifetime.

166629[/snapback]

:blush: as it should be

166631[/snapback]

Too right Mr Fish :D

both are excellent films if you ask me

166609[/snapback]

I realised I could get Film Four last night, flicked through and ended up watching Lost in Translation again. I realised it's a film I would give 10/10, there's nothing to fault about it. Actors - perfect, so many little things to enjoy, I'm usually bored senseless by love stories, but this one was interesting on so many levels.

On another note - I heard Film Four have promised not to drop their standards and will continue to show high quality movies, and they're running ads through them - well done for literally butchering all the high quality movies you're showing, for fuck's sake! :D

Easily the film i've watched the most in my lifetime.

166629[/snapback]

:lol: as it should be

166631[/snapback]

As much as I love it, I haven't seen it half as many times as The Life of Brian, South Park, The Big Lebowski, Amelie or Magnolia.

All eminently re-watchable.

Goodfellas > Godfather tbh.

166982[/snapback]

Noooooo.

Godfather is a good half hour longer.

167045[/snapback]

:lol:

I've just been reading about the Italian match fixing scandal, and how it is apparently typical of Italian culture - there is a widespread belief that to suceed you need 'a little bit of help' The help usually comes in the form of favours from referees, commentators etc, in return for more favours. The whole thing made me think of films like Goodfellas and the Godfather.

Goodfellas is imo looking at the Mafia from the ground up, wheras Godfather is very much top down.

167057[/snapback]

I suppose you could say that. Goodfellas is also a more realistic account (being based on Henry Hill's experiences) wheras Godfather is a more romantic view of the Mafia.

say it with me

say it enough and not only will it come to pass, but all fairies will lose their wings and die.

166627[/snapback]

I seem to be in a massive minority who actually like part three. Of course it suffers in comparision to the first two (without Caan, Duval, Brando, Cazale et al it's bound to) but I can't see why people think it's a bad film. Sofia Coppola is ropey in it but Eli Wallach, Andy Garcia and Joe Mantegna all put it quality performances.

On another note - I heard Film Four have promised not to drop their standards and will continue to show high quality movies, and they're running ads through them - well done for literally butchering all the high quality movies you're showing, for fuck's sake! :lol:

166653[/snapback]

You can't really expect something for nothing though can you. They are providing a free channel so it has to pay for itself someway and adverts are really the only option.