NUFC VS PSV

Tom

It's getting to become a fucking joke. Even if Butt scored the winning goal in an FA Cup final for us, some 'die-hards' will still berate and boo him for what happened 16 months ago!

Ridiculous!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's getting to become a fucking joke. Even if Butt scored the winning goal in an FA Cup final for us, some 'die-hards' will still berate and boo him for what happened 16 months ago!

Ridiculous!

167098[/snapback]

To be fair, I hope we get rid of him before that. Shouldn't be booed, but shouldn't be in the team. I warned everyone this would happen when we signed him :lol:

I went to watch Whitley Bay V Whitburn instead of this. Cheap as chips, lovely weather, and with a young team they looked like they were trying to play a lot of football on the deck which is canny for that level. Plus, non league friendlies are never friendly and there were a few choice tackles and words exchanged. Spent the second half sunbathing behind the goal and talking to the away keeper. That's the way to watch football. :lol:

I went to watch Whitley Bay V Whitburn instead of this. Cheap as chips, lovely weather, and with a young team they looked like they were trying to play a lot of football on the deck which is canny for that level. Plus, non league friendlies are never friendly and there were a few choice tackles and words exchanged. Spent the second half sunbathing behind the goal and talking to the away keeper. That's the way to watch football.  :lol:

167837[/snapback]

Jesus wept you sound like an old cloth-capped man!

Re: Butt. That twat should never play for us again, end of story. If he's not on the pitch, he won't get booed and embarass all you sensitive souls....

I went to watch Whitley Bay V Whitburn instead of this. Cheap as chips, lovely weather, and with a young team they looked like they were trying to play a lot of football on the deck which is canny for that level. Plus, non league friendlies are never friendly and there were a few choice tackles and words exchanged. Spent the second half sunbathing behind the goal and talking to the away keeper. That's the way to watch football.  :lol:

167837[/snapback]

Re: Butt. That twat should never play for us again, end of story. If he's not on the pitch, he won't get booed and embarass all you sensitive souls....

167846[/snapback]

Renton man, you're like a huffy woman sometimes. As long as he plays for us, no one should be booing him. For a start it sounds utterly retarded, and secondly we are not in a position to be able to afford to hound a lad who is on daft money to the point where he'll dread taking possession of the ball. We're stuck with him because of the money we pay him, so if he gets a game (and he might have to if we pick up any injuries) I want him to play well and not get booed by silly arseholes in the crowd. Don't be a silly tart. ;)

167846[/snapback]

Bollocks, if he plays well he should be in the team.

167837[/snapback]

167846[/snapback]

Bollocks man, I was keeping it real.

Re: Butt, I agree with you.

167837[/snapback]

167846[/snapback]

Renton man, you're like a huffy woman sometimes. As long as he plays for us, no one should be booing him. For a start it sounds utterly retarded, and secondly we are not in a position to be able to afford to hound a lad who is on daft money to the point where he'll dread taking possession of the ball. We're stuck with him because of the money we pay him, so if he gets a game (and he might have to if we pick up any injuries) I want him to play well and not get booed by silly arseholes in the crowd. Don't be a silly tart. ;)

167850[/snapback]

He should never have got another game after Cardiff. He is an utter disgrace to the shirt.

I could understand this as being a "dilemma" if he was any good, but the fact is he is shite! So it's a no brainer for me.

I find your views a bit strange considering your opinion of Robert, who although he was in decline could still make useful contributions. No so with Butt I'm afraid.

He should never have got another game after Cardiff. He is an utter disgrace to the shirt.

I could understand this as being a "dilemma" if he was any good, but the fact is he is shite! So it's a no brainer for me.

I find your views a bit strange considering your opinion of Robert, who although he was in decline could still make useful contributions. No so with Butt I'm afraid.

167862[/snapback]

Do you think he was never any good, then? For Man U, for England?

I can see where you're coming from but it's a case of being pragmatic. If he's here, let's get behind him and hope he does a job. He did look good when he first came too.

Edit: For Renton

Edited by alex

167837[/snapback]

167846[/snapback]

167850[/snapback]

167862[/snapback]

We don't know that. He played crap for a while under Souness, but he looked like the old Nicky Butt when he first came here. Who's to say he can't rediscover that form.

As for the Cardiff thing - he had a SHIT game. That's all. But he was used to playing at a club where winning trophies was how you repaid the fans, not walking round the ground and clapping for them after an embarrassing defeat, so he walked off at the end. Only Newcastle fans would be so precious as to now boo him for not giving them a round of applause.

The business about him hamming it up with Ferguson - who knows if that was true? Alan Oliver talks so much shit and is so desperate for scapegoats all the time, it's hard to know whether to believe it or not.

At the time I was more annoyed with him than I am now, but we have to be sensible about it. At the end of the day, he's done very little wrong other than have a bad run of form and fall out with a bloke that you yourself despise.

167862[/snapback]

167864[/snapback]

I don't support ManU or England though, and they are both teams that Butt wanted to play for, unlike us. The evidence I saw at Cardiff was that Butt was happy to be on the losing side. There can be no way back from that imo.

I missed the match on Saturday but if I was manager he wouldn't get near the first team, the ginger, manc, has-been bastard.

167837[/snapback]

167846[/snapback]

167850[/snapback]

FACTAMUNDO...

Whether you like him or not, he plays for us at the moment, and there's fuck all conducive if we boo him. If Roeder picks him, support him!

Renton man, you're like the women I have working for me on the helpdesk. 2 of them can't stand each other and refuse point blankly to help each other out despite the fact that it makes the whole team look shit rather than each other!

167837[/snapback]

167846[/snapback]

167850[/snapback]

167862[/snapback]

We don't know that. He played crap for a while under Souness, but he looked like the old Nicky Butt when he first came here. Who's to say he can't rediscover that form.

As for the Cardiff thing - he had a SHIT game. That's all. But he was used to playing at a club where winning trophies was how you repaid the fans, not walking round the ground and clapping for them after an embarrassing defeat, so he walked off at the end. Only Newcastle fans would be so precious as to now boo him for not giving them a round of applause.

The business about him hamming it up with Ferguson - who knows if that was true? Alan Oliver talks so much shit and is so desperate for scapegoats all the time, it's hard to know whether to believe it or not.

At the time I was more annoyed with him than I am now, but we have to be sensible about it. At the end of the day, he's done very little wrong other than have a bad run of form and fall out with a bloke that you yourself despise.

167868[/snapback]

Well we have a difference of opinion. You think he just had a bad game, I think it was a hell of a lot more than that, I think he was playing for them, or at the very least he showed no passion or committment for us whatsoever. His relationship with Ferguson afterwards was not imagined either - I think you are deluding yourself. Agree to disagree methinks.

Btw, I'm not going to boo him because as you say it sounds a bit naff, but I perfectly understand why people do.

I would say though that while I don't agree with boo-ing our players, anyone who feels like boo-ing Butt after Cardiff are wll within their rights imo.

Edited by alex

167862[/snapback]

167864[/snapback]

I don't support ManU or England though, and they are both teams that Butt wanted to play for, unlike us. The evidence I saw at Cardiff was that Butt was happy to be on the losing side. There can be no way back from that imo.

I missed the match on Saturday but if I was manager he wouldn't get near the first team, the ginger, manc, has-been bastard.

167869[/snapback]

The bit in bold - load of shit. You're getting carried away with things man. I was at Cardiff too and didn't see a bloke that looked happy to be on the losing side. I was furious with him at the time because he had had such a crap game in the centre of the park (right where we couldn't afford ANYONE to have a crap game against that lot), but to say he looked pleased to have lost is utter bollocks.

167837[/snapback]

167846[/snapback]

167850[/snapback]

FACTAMUNDO...

Whether you like him or not, he plays for us at the moment, and there's fuck all conducive if we boo him. If Roeder picks him, support him!

Renton man, you're like the women I have working for me on the helpdesk. 2 of them can't stand each other and refuse point blankly to help each other out despite the fact that it makes the whole team look shit rather than each other!

167874[/snapback]

So I take it you would support a player no matter what they did or said would you? If they took the shirt off and pissed on it, next match would be fine if they were selected?

167862[/snapback]

167864[/snapback]

167869[/snapback]

The bit in bold - load of shit. You're getting carried away with things man. I was at Cardiff too and didn't see a bloke that looked happy to be on the losing side. I was furious with him at the time because he had had such a crap game in the centre of the park (right where we couldn't afford ANYONE to have a crap game against that lot), but to say he looked pleased to have lost is utter bollocks.

167877[/snapback]

Was it a coincidence this terrible performance came against ManU?

So I take it you would support a player no matter what they did or said would you? If they took the shirt off and pissed on it, next match would be fine if they were selected?

167878[/snapback]

I would respect and applaud that kind of utter lunacy. :lol:

You sound like a nutcase American babbling about flag burning.

Rantin' tbh. ;)

167862[/snapback]

167864[/snapback]

167869[/snapback]

167877[/snapback]

167882[/snapback]

This sounds like a job for Mulder and Scully tbh. I can't believe you're suggesting he actually chucked the game.

167862[/snapback]

167864[/snapback]

167869[/snapback]

167877[/snapback]

167882[/snapback]

This sounds like a job for Mulder and Scully tbh. I can't believe you're suggesting he actually chucked the game.

167886[/snapback]

On a certain level that's exactly what he did. He may not have been consious of it (I would certainly hope not anyway), but he forgot he had a black and white shirt on, that's for certain.

167862[/snapback]

167864[/snapback]

167869[/snapback]

167877[/snapback]

167882[/snapback]

167886[/snapback]

On a certain level that's exactly what he did. He may not have been consious of it (I would certainly hope not anyway), but he forgot he had a black and white shirt on, that's for certain.

167891[/snapback]

:lol: Did Paul McKenna get to him?

167837[/snapback]

167846[/snapback]

167850[/snapback]

FACTAMUNDO...

167874[/snapback]

167878[/snapback]

Massive difference between pissing on a top and walking off the pitch after an awful performance tbh. I don't see where you're coming from at all.