NUFC VS PSV

Tom

Oliver is fucking driving the hatred towards him when, being a member of the lercal press, he should be trying to divert it!!!

Why the fuck does he get personal with individual players? Although I was glad to see him gone, he did the same to Laurent Robert which I thought was totally unfair.

And when Kieron Dyer refused to play on the wing against Boro, didn't he write something along the lines of "pack up your stuff in your posh car, drive over the Tyne Bridge and make sure you don't damage it on the way!"???

The bloke needs to stop intefering at this level tbh!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you forget his history Gemmill, is Butt really the type of player you want at NUFC? What has he done in the past 4 years?

He has proven he has no heart or passion. He has proven he has no creativity and can't score. SO he can tackle - whoopy do. In short he is just another mercenary has-been who is here solely for the dosh but offers almost nothing in return.

Ferguson usually knows when to let his players go, Butt is no exception. I don't look forward to watching him in our team.

Even if you forget his history Gemmill, is Butt really the type of player you want at NUFC? What has he done in the past 4 years?

He has proven he has no heart or passion. He has proven he has no creativity and can't score. SO he can tackle - whoopy do. In short he is just another mercenary has-been who is here solely for the dosh but offers almost nothing in return.

Ferguson usually knows when to let his players go, Butt is no exception. I don't look forward to watching him in our team.

168300[/snapback]

I agree in part but I think (hope) he knows it's make or break time for him. I only hope he's arsed about this as I think he is (or at least was) a canny player.

Oliver is fucking driving the hatred towards him when, being a member of the lercal press, he should be trying to divert it!!!

Why the fuck does he get personal with individual players? Although I was glad to see him gone, he did the same to Laurent Robert which I thought was totally unfair.

And when Kieron Dyer refused to play on the wing against Boro, didn't he write something along the lines of "pack up your stuff in your posh car, drive over the Tyne Bridge and make sure you don't damage it on the way!"???

The bloke needs to stop intefering at this level tbh!

168299[/snapback]

What are you on about - what is unfair in that article? How is he driving hatred?

And are you sure you weren't nodding your head when he wrote his article about Robert? I can't remember but it wouldn't have surprised me. As for Dyer, well, it would have been much better for us if he had fucked off, wouldn't it?

Incidentally Rents, how can you forget his history and consider what he has done in the past four years? :lol:

168305[/snapback]

I know you are being tongue in cheek but obviously I was referring to his personal history!

I don't subscribe to any of Oliver's 'witch hunts' when I like the player or not....

And I never will! It's fucking ridiculous how he uses he position to try to oust players who perhaps haven't given him that exclusive or who he simply doesn't like....

I don't subscribe to any of Oliver's 'witch hunts' when I like the player or not....

And I never will! It's fucking ridiculous how he uses he position to try to oust players who perhaps haven't given him that exclusive or who he simply doesn't like....

168307[/snapback]

True, but in this case you are being paranoid if you think there is a witch hunt. Unless you are suggesting he shouldn't have mentioned the booing of Butt which is ridiculous.

Oliver has proven time and time again he is nothing more than the mouth piece of Shepherd. If he slags off a player, that's because Shepherd wants rid, simple as that. We can't off-load Butt now so what we are going to see instead is more appeasing articles like this.

Renton, Butt used to be a good player. He's not exactly ancient, and if he can rediscover that form, we'll have a handy player on the books. You just seem to want rid of him for the sake of it. Bearing in mind the money we'd get for him and what a decent replacement would cost, it makes no sense. At this stage we need warm bodies as much as world-beaters.

168307[/snapback]

True, but in this case you are being paranoid if you think there is a witch hunt. Unless you are suggesting he shouldn't have mentioned the booing of Butt which is ridiculous.

Oliver has proven time and time again he is nothing more than the mouth piece of Shepherd. If he slags off a player, that's because Shepherd wants rid, simple as that. We can't off-load Butt now so what we are going to see instead is more appeasing articles like this.

168317[/snapback]

I agree about Oliver. As I've said many times before, he writes what Fred tells him to.

If he only expresses what Shepherd tells him to, then why was he questioning the attitude of N'Zogbia before the Lillestrom game? Bit of an aside in the Butt issue to be honest, but Oliver does come out with some rubbush at times.

As for Nicky Butt, I would be happy for him to be away or stay. I think he's a bit better footballer than Faye, but in the same token he's probably on a lot more cash. I can't see him getting many games, but he is an experienced player. We will certainly require some sort of cover for Parker when he picks up his inevitable cards and injuries from trying to do everything. However, if the bloke is going to get booed everytime he's on the pitch then you can't see him having any future until he puts in a couple of stint akin to those Owen Hargreaves put in to put his England doubters in their place.

If he only expresses what Shepherd tells him to, then why was he questioning the attitude of N'Zogbia before the Lillestrom game?  Bit of an aside in the Butt issue to be honest, but Oliver does come out with some rubbush at times. 

As for Nicky Butt, I would be happy for him to be away or stay.  I think he's a bit better footballer than Faye, but in the same token he's probably on a lot more cash.  I can't see him getting many games, but he is an experienced player.  We will certainly require some sort of cover for Parker when he picks up his inevitable cards and injuries from trying to do everything.  However, if the bloke is going to get booed everytime he's on the pitch then you can't see him having any future until he puts in a couple of stint akin to those Owen Hargreaves put in to put his England doubters in their place.

168378[/snapback]

I have gotten the impression recently that he's been told to tone it down a bit. He seemed to have changed his tune slightly in the Chronicle about a couple of players, Baba being one; and then when he was quizzed about something by Mick Lowes during the Lillestrom (?) game, he seemed reluctant to get drawn. Probably bollocks, like.

Has N'Zog signed a new contract yet? Conspiracy-tastic!

168391[/snapback]

As a matter of interest, do you think when Anal started going on about "them foreigners" during the same commentary I mentioned above, do you think he was obeying orders from the dark lord or living up to his level of education and intelligence?

Bless his little racist heart.

168391[/snapback]

As a matter of interest, do you think when Anal started going on about "them foreigners" during the same commentary I mentioned above, do you think he was obeying orders from the dark lord or living up to his level of education and intelligence?

168396[/snapback]

Hopefully just the latter. While Shepherd seems to come out with the Geordie Nation patter too much, Oliver just seems like a xenophobic twat.

168391[/snapback]

168396[/snapback]

Hopefully just the latter. While Shepherd seems to come out with the Geordie Nation patter too much, Oliver just seems like a xenophobic twat.

168397[/snapback]

seems?? :lol:

BY THE WAY!

I nearly forgot about this, but could the DICKHEADS that chanted Shearer! Shearer! and then gave a rendition of Stand Up If You Love Shearer in the Gallowgate at the weekend please fuck off? NOW! He's retired you sad, sad bastards.

BY THE WAY!

I nearly forgot about this, but could the DICKHEADS that chanted Shearer!  Shearer!  and then gave a rendition of Stand Up If You Love Shearer in the Gallowgate at the weekend please fuck off?  NOW!  He's retired you sad, sad bastards.

168676[/snapback]

don't let aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalan hear you say that!

BY THE WAY!

I nearly forgot about this, but could the DICKHEADS that chanted Shearer!  Shearer!  and then gave a rendition of Stand Up If You Love Shearer in the Gallowgate at the weekend please fuck off?  NOW!  He's retired you sad, sad bastards.

168676[/snapback]

I totally agree. There was a group singing this at the Master tournament as well ffs. The team will not move on until the fans do, they'll have plenty of time to chant Shearer's name when he takes over as manager. ;)

BY THE WAY!

168676[/snapback]

I totally agree. There was a group singing this at the Master tournament as well ffs. The team will not move on until the fans do, they'll have plenty of time to chant Shearer's name when he takes over as manager. ;)

169203[/snapback]

Were there? I only heard people shouting "Bernnniiie, Bernnniiie" and "Gaaarrrrrrry"

BY THE WAY!

168676[/snapback]

I think that's a lot more embarassing than booing Butt tbh.

BY THE WAY!

168676[/snapback]

I think that's a lot more embarassing than booing Butt tbh.

169328[/snapback]

Me too.

Man U fans still sing about Cantona tbh.

But there's a bit of a difference as to what Cantona done as to what Shearer did tbh

169344[/snapback]

There's no comparison really. Plus, they celebrate what he did but they've moved on. Like we need to.