Sunday's gossip column

Scottish Mag

Real Madrid are set to make a cash-plus-player bid for Arsenal winger Jose Antonio Reyes. (People)

Reyes has told Gunners boss Arsene Wenger he wants to quit the club to join Madrid. (News of the World)

A clause in Ashley Cole's Arsenal contract means he will cost Chelsea £30m - but any other club will only have to pay £16m. (News of the World)

Sol Campbell has contacted Newcastle United to say he is keen to move to St James' Park. (Various)

Manchester United are hoping to seal a £4m deal for Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna. (Various)

Bolton are close to agreeing a deal to sign Jonathan Woodgate on loan from Real Madrid. (People)

Manchester United are plotting a £27m move for Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres. (People)

Sunderland are considering a loan move for Manchester City's Ben Thatcher and also wants former Newcastle defender Robbie Elliott. (People)

Real Madrid defender Roberto Carlos is on the verge of joining Fenerbahce. (Sunday Mirror)

Tottenham could step up their interest in Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing. (Independent on Sunday)

Portsmouth chairman Alexandre Gaydamak is in Turkey trying to complete a move deal for Fenerbahce striker Nicolas Anelka. (Observer)

Manchester City boss Stuart Pearce is targeting £2m-rated Reading defender Ibrahim Sonko. (Various)

OTHER GOSSIP

Frank Lampard thinks ex-England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson should have included Jermaine Defoe in his World Cup squad. (News of the World)

Cristiano Ronaldo has been given personal security by Manchester United ahead of his return to training next week. (People)

Aston Villa chairman Doug Ellis will offer the vacant manager's job at Villa Park to Martin O'Neill. (Sunday Times)

Sven-Goran Eriksson has ruled himself out of the running to be Villa's next boss. (Sunday Express)

Leeds chairman Ken Bates has demanded £24m compensation from his old club Chelsea for teenagers Michael Woods and Tom Taiwo following the duo's move to Stamford Bridge. (Sunday Mirror)

Guest Tony_Green

Ben Thatcher, Robbie Elliott and Kenny Cunningham in Sunderland's defence; probably the slowest back four you'll ever see with Steven Wright and right-back. Not that I'm complaining.

Guest Tony_Green
Has Ben Thacther moved from Man City?

167009[/snapback]

Nope - Sunderland considering making a loan move for him from Citeh

Bolton are close to agreeing a deal to sign Jonathan Woodgate on loan from Real Madrid. (People)

166961[/snapback]

If Real are seriously keen about loaning him out, I'd hope to hell we made an approach with an option to buy should his fitness hold out.

I know a lot of people are concerned by his fitness, but I've never seen a better defender in 24 years of following the club!

166961[/snapback]

If Real are seriously keen about loaning him out, I'd hope to hell we made an approach with an option to buy should his fitness hold out.

I know a lot of people are concerned by his fitness, but I've never seen a better defender in 24 years of following the club!

167108[/snapback]

Wayne Bridge, Sol Campbell and Jonny Woodgate playing in defence for us...

Would love it but cannot see it happening... :lol:

166961[/snapback]

167108[/snapback]

Everyone keeps harping on about that. It helps not one bit that he hasn't played more than 6 games in a row in his entire career! Luxury signing IMO, unless it's free, and we only pay him when he plays.

166961[/snapback]

167108[/snapback]

167114[/snapback]

Might be quite overly optimist Craig but wow... imagine those three in the line up and on form? Mind boggling! (I want... badly!)

166961[/snapback]

167108[/snapback]

Everyone keeps harping on about that. It helps not one bit that he hasn't played more than 6 games in a row in his entire career! Luxury signing IMO, unless it's free, and we only pay him when he plays.

167121[/snapback]

That's why I think a loan move would make some sense...

167114[/snapback]

We'd probably still have to put up with the lazy scum-journalists churning out the woeful defending / kamakaze play Newcastle back four cliches.

166961[/snapback]

167108[/snapback]

Would love it but cannot see it happening... ;)

167114[/snapback]

What about a new Right-Back!! Bloody hell, some people...! :lol:

On a serious note if they are willing to loan him then it'll do us no harm to take him and Sol........anyways, as Roader says, one transfer at a time *takes a deep breath*