Sol Campell

Tom

Whats the craic with signing Sol?  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Another one in the "better than what we've got" category. Fully fit he would be far and away the best centre half at the club, and someone the youngsters could learn a lot from. He looked a right fat twat at the World Cup though.

Another one in the "better than what we've got" category.  Fully fit he would be far and away the best centre half at the club, and someone the youngsters could learn a lot from.  He looked a right fat twat at the World Cup though.

166972[/snapback]

So did Lampard, and I'd still have him though!

As long as he has sorted himself out and gets back to full fitness then he's a class CB with a couple of years left in the prem and would also be great to learn from for our other CB's so definitely worth signing.

Yeah, I'm fairly optimistic on whether he still loves the game and wants to play it as much as he used too. If he does have the right attitude then we’ve got a great player who would be an excellent addition to our back four.

The rumours that he contacted us would make me want to sign him. Looks like he still wants to prove himself rather than just make one last payday

166980[/snapback]

And as a proven prem player who can't get into his current team but looks to have the right attitude he fits what Roeder has said he wants. The only question is that Roeder feels he's too old and wants a younger player.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

Hed do a job for at least 2 more seasons. And I think he could be invaluable to the likes of taylor and ramage. Plus, if the NOTW is right about him wanting 45kpw id be flogging boumsong for peanuts just to get him in.

Guest Tony_Green

Would have preferred Huth, he's much younger, wages would have been cheaper and doesn't have mental break-downs in the changing rooms at half time.

Would have preferred Huth, he's much younger, wages would have been cheaper and doesn't have mental break-downs in the changing rooms at half time.

167017[/snapback]

He's also more expensive initially, failed a medical at boro, nowhere near as good as campbell and prone to bramble esque errors on the pitch. I think we have enough suspect defenders with injury problems here already.

Yeah, I think Taylor & Huntington will come through eventually, but until then some reliable solid defenders would be nice. Campbell certainly fits all the criteria putting aside his age he should have a couple of years left in him especially where defenders are concerned.

Moore will make good cover I suppose, but Ramage can join the reserves again along with Taylor & co to build on there game if you want to stay here.

Guest Tony_Green
Yeah, I think Taylor & Huntington will come through eventually, but until then some reliable solid defenders would be nice. Campbell certainly fits all the criteria putting aside his age he should have a couple of years left in him especially where defenders are concerned.

Moore will make good cover I suppose, but Ramage can join the reserves again along with Taylor & co to build on there game if you want to stay here.

167023[/snapback]

I think Ramage has the potential to be another Aaron Hughes. He's versatile and doesn't seem to be a lad who will spit his dummy out if he was dropped to accomodate other players.

167023[/snapback]

I think Ramage has the potential to be another Aaron Hughes. He's versatile and doesn't seem to be a lad who will spit his dummy out if he was dropped to accomodate other players.

167024[/snapback]

Not as good as Hughes though.

Guest Tony_Green

167027[/snapback]

Not yet anyway.

167028[/snapback]

From what I've seen, he never will be.

167032[/snapback]

He will be if his potential is aided correctly, Glenn Roeder works well with youngsters, I have a feeling Ramage might come on leaps and bounds.

167027[/snapback]

Not yet anyway.

167028[/snapback]

167032[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more.

Has never looked like he will be good enough IMO

167041[/snapback]

I'll third that

167027[/snapback]

Not yet anyway.

167028[/snapback]

167032[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more.

Has never looked like he will be good enough IMO

167041[/snapback]

I'll third that

167046[/snapback]

He's not a fullback, that's plain to see. I'd be willing to give him more of a chance at centre half.