Last-ever Top of the Pops

If any one is interested

Last ever 'Top Of The Pops' details emerge

And it's hosted by a familiar face

The final edition of 'Top Of The Pops' is due to be recorded today (July 26) and will be hosted by veteran presenter Jimmy Savile and Fearne Cotton.

The show is set to feature archive footage from the show's 42-year history, plus celebrity tributes.

Also appearing will be past 'Top Of The Pops' presenters Pat Sharp, Tony Blackburn and Mike Read.

Speaking to BBC Breakfast, Saville said it was: "terrific" to be hosting the last 'Top Of The Pops'. "Most shows don't last 42 days - we last 42 years. You can only feel incredibly proud," he said.

He said that the last edition of the show would be a "one hour spectacular" featuring "high spots" from the show's run, the BBC reports.

As previously reported by NME.COM, the last ever show is set to be broadcast on July 30 on BBC Two.

© IPC MEDIA 1996-20

I haven't watched it in at least 14 years or something. I don't know if that's because the programme turned shit (guest presenters, too much miming etc.), or the music that they had on did. I dunno. :lol:

Must admit I shed a tear.....................

but you can see why it succeeded for 40 years when other, cooler and better, shows went tot eh wall

it catered for the lowest common denominator - not interviews, no clever TV - just played the music

and I though the end with Saville switching out the lights was great!!!

Not a patch on the Tube tbh. The fact that TotP has gone is an irrelevance.

167388[/snapback]

Not sure about that, i.e. it was an important programme but it's more a sign of the times that it became an irrelevance.

I think whoever owns the rights to the Beatles (Jacko?) missed a trick this week. If they'd have released a single this week tons of people would have bought it to ensure it was the last TOTP number one.

Not a patch on the Tube tbh. The fact that TotP has gone is an irrelevance.

167388[/snapback]

Ready Steady Go

the Old Grey Whistle Test

the Tube.

all "better" than TOTP but they never lasted did they.................................