Comedy programs

Toonraider

What have your favourite comedy shows been over the years? I'm not into the office and all that type of thing, give me Steptoe and son, only fools and horses or

Alf Garnet anyday :D

Nothing seems to reach those standards now.

Edited by Toonraider

What have your favourite comedy shows been over the years?  I'm not into the office and all that type of thing, give me Steptoe and son, only fools and horses or

Alf Garnet anyday  :angry:

13384[/snapback]

Alf Garnett! I can see a few on here getting a stone in their sandle about you liking him :D

What have your favourite comedy shows been over the years?  I'm not into the office and all that type of thing, give me Steptoe and son, only fools and horses or

Alf Garnet anyday  :D

13384[/snapback]

Alf Garnett! I can see a few on here getting a stone in their sandle about you liking him :D

13392[/snapback]

Quite simply he made me laugh, because he was so absurd, thats the whole point of him! :D

Alf Garnet anyday  :D

13384[/snapback]

13392[/snapback]

The ones too thick to realise his character was actually poking fun at prejudice you mean?

Father Ted

Blackadder

Big Train

Fawlty Towers

Monty Python's Flying Circus

The Mary Whitehouse expericence

A bit of Fry and Laurie

The Mary Whitehouse expericence

13527[/snapback]

I've never actually seen an episode of it, but my dad bought me the Mary Whitehouse Experience Encyclopedia for Christmas once. There's some brilliant stuff in there:

Bestiality Unnatural relations with animals. Sheep seem to be the most popular for this, judging by the number of jokes. But although they may be great in the sack, they are generally dull companions and will invariably make you pay for the cinema tickets.

:D

Malcolm in the Middle has been a particular favourite in the last few years. And for one 'back in the day' Dream On was excellent.

13562[/snapback]

And I had you down as a man of taste! :D

Recent years

The Office

Father Ted

Partridge

Phoenix Nights

Old school

Aside from wheeling out Fawlty Towers etc I give you:

Open all Hours

Dads Army

13392[/snapback]

You know I'm actually wearing sandals at the moment! And I do have a tendency to get stones caught in them when I'm on the gravelly bit outside.

Always loved Dr Katz as well, cracking show, but one that seems to pass under a lot of people's radar.

13603[/snapback]

Dr. Katz was fucking class. Is it ever on telly now though?

Always loved Dr Katz as well, cracking show, but one that seems to pass under a lot of people's radar.

13603[/snapback]

13618[/snapback]

I used to watch it on Paramount a while back, and more recently noticed it on the itv2 listings. No idea if it's still being shown now though.

13603[/snapback]

13618[/snapback]

I used to watch it on Paramount a while back, and more recently noticed it on the itv2 listings. No idea if it's still being shown now though.

13629[/snapback]

Never heard of it. Sounds bobbins!

13603[/snapback]

13618[/snapback]

13629[/snapback]

Never heard of it. Sounds bobbins!

13631[/snapback]

Based on what? It's name? :D