Comedy programs

Toonraider

Blackadder i a strange programme in that it arguably got better with every series, though some would debate if 3 is better than 2, but 4 has to be the best.

However whilst the later 3 are clearly the best i'm a fan of series 1 as well, it was just toally different to to the others, but still well worth watching.

Blackadder i a strange programme in that it arguably got better with every series, though some would debate if 3 is better than 2, but 4 has to be the best.

However whilst the later 3 are clearly the best i'm a fan of series 1 as well, it was just toally different to to the others, but still well worth watching.

13732[/snapback]

:D It was horse shit man!

4&3 on a par. Then 2. All copies of the first series should be detroyed.

13732[/snapback]

13735[/snapback]

I think you are forgetting i am officially "the expert of all comedy" and my decision is final, even if i did just give myself the title and if i say its good it is :D

Its really sepreate from the others, different writing, style, approach etc. but the fact remains it is good, just not as good as the following 3 series.

13732[/snapback]

13735[/snapback]

I think you are forgetting i am officially "the expert of all comedy" and my decision is final, even if i did just give myself the title and if i say its good it is :D

Its really sepreate from the others, different writing, style, approach etc. but the fact remains it is good, just not as good as the following 3 series.

13737[/snapback]

Well I'm obviously a weirdo, because I liked 1 the most, then probably followed by 4, 3 and finally 2, which I really didn't like much.

Thinking back on it I still get a smile thinking of 1, where Blackadder was a complete hopeless case, decapitating the king, that cod piece, etc. Also I reckon it had a more lavish production cost, with outdoor sets etc.

Anyway, if it truly was horse shit, it would have never made a second series, would it?

13732[/snapback]

13735[/snapback]

13737[/snapback]

Well I'm obviously a weirdo, because I liked 1 the most, then probably followed by 4, 3 and finally 2, which I really didn't like much.

Thinking back on it I still get a smile thinking of 1, where Blackadder was a complete hopeless case, decapitating the king, that cod piece, etc. Also I reckon it had a more lavish production cost, with outdoor sets etc.

Anyway, if it truly was horse shit, it would have never made a second series, would it?

13740[/snapback]

The first series did have massive production costs and was shot like a film rather than a tv series. This lead to them being told to seriously trim down the costs and change the style if they were to get another series and of course they brought in Ben Elton as co-writer.

As a massive Blackadder fan i don;t think series 1 matches the others but it is and alwasy will be underrated.

13732[/snapback]

13735[/snapback]

13737[/snapback]

13740[/snapback]

The first series did have massive production costs and was shot like a film rather than a tv series. This lead to them being told to seriously trim down the costs and change the style if they were to get another series and of course they brought in Ben Elton as co-writer.

As a massive Blackadder fan i don;t think series 1 matches the others but it is and alwasy will be underrated.

13742[/snapback]

As you say, it is noticably different to the others. Which is better is then just a matter of opinion, I obviously prefer hopeless cases like the original Black Adder compared to his suave and witty contempories!

Would explain why I love the character of David Brent so much too, and his side kick Gareth. Not to mention Frank Spencer. :D