£18.6m

Gemmill

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Shame Carrick was actually at the fucking club until he was about 17-18.

167364[/snapback]

At Newcastle? No he wasn't. West Ham had their claws in him by 15. They (apparently) bought his family a house, car etc.

168160[/snapback]

I didn't realise he'd gone to West Ham so young. In any case he was at NUFC before he went doon sooth.

167364[/snapback]

At Newcastle? No he wasn't. West Ham had their claws in him by 15. They (apparently) bought his family a house, car etc.

168160[/snapback]

I didn't realise he'd gone to West Ham so young. In any case he was at NUFC before he went doon sooth.

168214[/snapback]

Aye, as I said he disappeared along with the reserve & youth teams! :lol:

Which kids are going to hang around when there is no prospect of any football??

167364[/snapback]

168160[/snapback]

168214[/snapback]

I think he may have ventured as far as the school of excellence at Newcastle but was never going to sign for us - if my memory serves me correctly.

167364[/snapback]

168160[/snapback]

168214[/snapback]

I think he may have ventured as far as the school of excellence at Newcastle but was never going to sign for us - if my memory serves me correctly.

168283[/snapback]

Even so, another one who slipped through the net. It has been mentioned in articles before that he left due to the lack of a youth set-up/reserve team but perhaps that's a bit of a myth.

Doesnt he have a younger brother?, graham or is he the youngest - cant remember.

Am sure the younger one was more highly rated.

168322[/snapback]

Yeah, Graham. Should be about 19-20 now. Not sure if he'll break through...

Even so, another one who slipped through the net. It has been mentioned in articles before that he left due to the lack of a youth set-up/reserve team but perhaps that's a bit of a myth.

168308[/snapback]

Sounds about right. Must have been around the time of the Keegan era where we were buying quite a lot of foreigners.

best thing about spurs is martin jols accent.

they've also got a really good striker in berbatov.

we need rid of the dead wood fast and replace it with a class team like we had under robson....

get rid list should include

dyer

boumsong

faye

babayaro

168308[/snapback]

Sounds about right. Must have been around the time of the Keegan era where we were buying quite a lot of foreigners.

168330[/snapback]

It was the Keegan era iirc.

Carrick joined West Ham at 15. He's 25 now so we're looking at 10 years ago....

NUFC didn't have a reserve or youth team in 1996 and hadn't had for at least a couple of years.