Monday's gossip column

Shearergol

Chelsea hope to sign Arsenal defender Ashley Cole for £25m this week. (The Sun)

Tottenham are set to make a new bid for Wigan defender Pascal Chimbonda - by offering a swap deal involving Danny Murphy and Andy Reid, plus cash. (Daily Mirror)

Real Madrid's Brazilian defender Roberto Carlos, who had been linked to Chelsea, is on the verge of a move to Turkish club Fenerbahce. (Daily Express)

Real Madrid are preparing a £14m offer for Spain international Jose Antonio Reyes. (Daily Mail)

Defender Robbie Elliott has edged closer to a move to Sunderland following his release by Newcastle by turning in an impressive performance as the Black Cats beat Carlisle in a friendly. (Daily Express)

Portsmouth will make a fresh move to try to persuade former Arsenal defender Sol Campbell to join the south-coast club. (Daily Star)

Newcastle boss Glenn Roeder has admitted that he needs to strengthen his squad. (Daily Mail)

Bolton defender Radhi Jaidi is in talks with Birmingham after being told he can leave the Reebok Stadium. (The Times)

Wolves are in talks with ex-Birmingham defender Jamie Clapham, who has appeared as a trialist with Sheffield United, over a possible deal. (Daily Mirror)

Fulham have made a £2.5m offer to Belgian club Standard Liege for USA World Cup defender Oguchi Onyewu. (The Sun)

Aston Villa skipper Gareth Barry has made it clear to representatives at the club that he wants to leave, though he has not made a formal transfer request. (The Guardian)

Aberdeen will decide on Monday if they want to sign Zambian winger Christopher Katongo. (Daily Record)

Amazing news, eh

Toontastic and N-O. Never bother with the BBC Gossip Column, or any sports news sites, because I know that if something signing related happens it'll be on one of Toontastic or N-O straight away anyway.

Does anyone else check this every morning the minute they wake up?  ;)

167416[/snapback]

:lol:

The MINUTE I wake up..... Text p338 :P

167482[/snapback]

:puke::

Danny Murphy is the new Robert.

167531[/snapback]

i don't know about the rest of you but i still have fond memories of robert.

167552[/snapback]

Just meant he seems to be linked with a move all the time now.

167531[/snapback]

167552[/snapback]

You're not allowed to remember the countless goals he scored and set up, winning numerous matches and the fact he did more of that than any other midfielder at the club, you can only remember him as a lazy, french mercenary who didn't work hard and tackle enough to play as a winger for our club. :lol:

167531[/snapback]

167552[/snapback]

Just meant he seems to be linked with a move all the time now.

167555[/snapback]

Murphy never seemed to cut it for spurs not a favourite with Jol.

Has Robert gone to Levante now or was that just speculation?

167531[/snapback]

167552[/snapback]

You're not allowed to remember the countless goals he scored and set up, winning numerous matches and the fact he did more of that than any other midfielder at the club, you can only remember him as a lazy, french mercenary who didn't work hard and tackle enough to play as a winger for our club. :lol:

167556[/snapback]

You're allowed to remember that. You just shouldn't forget that he had pretty much completely stopped doing it long before he left. And you shouldn't ignore the fact that he hasn't done it since he left either. ;)

167531[/snapback]

167552[/snapback]

167556[/snapback]

You're allowed to remember that. You just shouldn't forget that he had pretty much completely stopped doing it long before he left. And you shouldn't ignore the fact that he hasn't done it since he left either. :P

167579[/snapback]

Still some fond memories of the man and yes he may have been utter bull towards the end but what he did for us was great for a while anyway ;)

167531[/snapback]

167552[/snapback]

167556[/snapback]

You're allowed to remember that. You just shouldn't forget that he had pretty much completely stopped doing it long before he left. And you shouldn't ignore the fact that he hasn't done it since he left either. :P

167579[/snapback]

You can also remember that at the end people like me who rated him were still happy to see him sold providing a quality replacement was brought in (at the time Zog was unproven and we had no idea what he might produce) but didn't want fuckwitt Souness petulently kicking him out and leaving us with nothing on the left.

What we should remember though is that this could end up as another 20 page argument ;)

167531[/snapback]

167552[/snapback]

167556[/snapback]

167579[/snapback]

You can also remember that at the end people like me who rated him were still happy to see him sold providing a quality replacement was brought in (at the time Zog was unproven and we had no idea what he might produce) but didn't want fuckwitt Souness petulently kicking him out and leaving us with nothing on the left.

What we should remember though is that this could end up as another 20 page argument ;)

167596[/snapback]

Right leave Robert here I'm sorry for starting this again.

leave it at this he was a quality player in his prime.

It won't, don't worry.  Safe in the knowledge that I'm right, I won't let it get to that. ;)

167600[/snapback]

Of course you are, you just keep telling yourself that until you believe it. You were also completely right about Bellamy and Souness and results and performances of the two did and will continue to back you up. :lol:

It won't, don't worry.  Safe in the knowledge that I'm right, I won't let it get to that. ;)

167600[/snapback]

Of course you are, you just keep telling yourself that until you believe it. You were also completely right about Bellamy and Souness and results and performances of the two did and will continue to back you up. :lol:

167613[/snapback]

*oozes rightness*

:P