Your Least favourite saying

The Fish

"Y'know" where a comma or full stop would be. Y'now like?

"turned and said" y'know, when listening to someone retell an anecdote like. "he turned and said xxxxxxxxx like so I turned and said xxxxxx"

I've just got a mental image of two people piruoetting as they speak like.

"fuckin" as a breaker or substitute like

"like" at the end of every sentence like

:lol:

"turned and said" y'know, when listening to someone retell an anecdote like. "he turned and said xxxxxxxxx like so I turned and said xxxxxx"

:lol:

I hate that.

Edited by Wullie

"Basically"

"at the end of the day"

"you know what I mean/do you get me ?"

Boils my piss something rotten.

Many of the ones above annoy me.

Y'know what I mean ? - no, explain yourself properly.

Fucking in every second sentence. A friend of a friend does this and he makes me laugh at him/cringe all the time.

I also hate people when they say 'no offence but...' followed by possibly the most offensive thing ever said.

Don't know if it quite qualifies as a saying, but it seems to have become acceptable to say "as far as..." followed by a noun without then finishing the sentence with "...is concerned". But it make-a no sense! :lol:

People who say 'yeah' after every sentence...fuck off!

And as Jimbo mentioned....'yer get ma'....fuck off!

What the Fish mentioned people having to turn around before saying something, who does it! Does it even happen! how did it come about! .....fuck off!

'At the end of the day' is something that starts to grate on me now...fook off!

And in a nutshell listining or even seeing a charver....fffffffffffffuck right off!!

I do tend to say 'like' a lot, even on here, but that's just basically to annoy people.....basically :lol:

Was listening to Talksport lastnight, and there was an asian caller who ended every sentance with the words "My friend".

I nearly chucked the radio out of the window.

I am one of the "like" offenders like :lol:

Cant really think of owt that I hate as far as figures of speech go. More the way people say them. Like charvas for example. Doesnt matter what they say it comes out (of their nose) annoying.