My thread

Howaythetoon

This is a joke this!

No, seriously, I am joking this time :D

Sorry.

:D

13444[/snapback]

Grass where has the NO forum gone?

When I open the page there is nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We don't really know Sammy. One minute we were all on it, posting and reading away and the it just went crazy, people couldn't view posts or read their own replys, all the profiles went mad. I initially thought it was being hacked or we had been hacked as I remember from the Nufc.nu days when that got hacked that it just went crazy but what happened tonight, I've never encountered before. Anyway we posted some stuff on the support forum and Phil seemed to be getting some answers then it all went blank. He did say some stuff about PHP and that but it all goes over my head so he'll look at it in the morning and we'll see what damage has or hasn't been done. I'm fearing a reinstall and a loss of threads but fingers crossed. The Gallery also went down which indicates it could be a PHP problem as the Gallery is also written in PHP 4 or something.

Been a right piss on this programming lark. That's why there are tons of "coming soon" pages on the new site. We spent months on a brilliant CMS and had to dump it and find a new one because we couldn't figure it out. We had lots of problems with the board too. Instead of using a standard theme I rewrote the lot as it's all HTML and CSS.

Then we had trouble with the prediction league (which is still knacked) and the gallery which is fine now and works like a dream. The site was a doddle to do in comparison.

Anyone into programming, I don't envy you. You can keep it.

We don't really know Sammy. One minute we were all on it, posting and reading away and the it just went crazy, people couldn't view posts or read their own replys, all the profiles went mad. I initially thought it was being hacked or we had been hacked as I remember from the Nufc.nu days when that got hacked that it just went crazy but what happened tonight, I've never encountered before. Anyway we posted some stuff on the support forum and Phil seemed to be getting some answers then it all went blank. He did say some stuff about PHP and that but it all goes over my head so he'll look at it in the morning and we'll see what damage has or hasn't been done. I'm fearing a reinstall and a loss of threads but fingers crossed. The Gallery also went down which indicates it could be a PHP problem as the Gallery is also written in PHP 4 or something.

Been a right piss on this programming lark. That's why there are tons of "coming soon" pages on the new site. We spent months on a brilliant CMS and had to dump it and find a new one because we couldn't figure it out. We had lots of problems with the board too. Instead of using a standard theme I rewrote the lot as it's all HTML and CSS.

Then we had trouble with the prediction league (which is still knacked) and the gallery which is fine now and works like a dream. The site was a doddle to do in comparison.

Anyone into programming, I don't envy you. You can keep it.

13460[/snapback]

Hope its back up soon mate and no long term effects..(and that is honest, I know you think we take the piss and all that but its true). Anyways we need your board there so we have someone to take on at 5 a side! :D

Smiddy goes nuts here.

What on the black and white earth happned. Sad thing is I was pissed out my infamous skull I started blaming people. Anyone I blamed, fuck yer. Sorry 'fuck yer', I mean love you.

OK, what am I looking at, good and evil a NEW WORLD ORDER.

BlufPurdi = Pish-holed.

It's not GREAT?  :D

13480[/snapback]

It a great big blank white page but cheap shots don't fix it or win friends.

SLP both boards are great in their own way!

13481[/snapback]

Jesus wept.

13483[/snapback]

Don't you just hate that when he does?

:D sort of says it all about the great divide.

It's not GREAT?  :D

13480[/snapback]

It a great big blank white page but cheap shots don't fix it or win friends.

SLP both boards are great in their own way!

13481[/snapback]

Jesus wept.

13483[/snapback]

Don't you just hate that when he does?

:D sort of says it all about the great divide.

13484[/snapback]

Divide = people with a sense of humour v people without?

Let's not turn this thread into yet another one of "those" please, or it'll get the same treatment.

Divide = people with a sense of humour v people without?

There is no divide. But there is or was antagonism and a few bad words said and a few things I dare say you known naff all about which have caused a lot of this so you really aren't in a position to say anything, unless you're a mind reader. But that's water under the Tyne now. I've had my say and others have had theirs and I respect Jimbo's wish to move on.

So no divide, no people Vs people. No forum Vs forum. Any problems that do exist, exist between certain individuals and not directed towards any forum or members of that forum, both forums - and that's it. In future I suspect, or hope, that people can deal with problems via PM or e-mail and if people do have something to say, they'll be man enough and good enough for the benefit of both boards who I'm sure couldn't give a stuff one way or another, to say those things to people's face and not behind their back.

And I do hope you yourself Shearer Gol, refrain from commenting on issues that have nothing to do with you or issues that you don't know the full story behind - it just makes you look like a shit stirrer when you aren't really one.

Anyway, it's all sorted now, hopefuly once and for all and we can now move on. I apologise to anyone for my behaviour last night, especially to the likes of Peasepud, Jimbo, Alreetlike and Scottish Mag - people who I really respect.

People can carry on posting screenshots of any PHP Errors or whatever on here, that I do not mind. But the bitching, the petty, bitter, malacious two-facedness - has to stop. Because we have tried to move on, after the original truce. We hold no ill feeling towards this board or anyone who runs it, not even the individual who I think is an arsehole and told that individual as much so. I don't know anyone on here in real life and as a rule I don't judge people by their internet persona and I and I'm sure anyone connected with wor site, wish this one all the best. We haven't once even mentioned this site or anyone connected with it on our board since that truce, never even gave it a second thought until recently. Ask yourself why.

We've moved on, now you's need to move on.

For the boards' sake and those that use them.

So, I take it Newcastle-Online is down again.

13590[/snapback]

Howay, it's always down :D

Nah, it's not so much down, it's broke or gone.

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/

Just a white blank screen.

13594[/snapback]

Should have just stuck with Howaythetoon and none of this shit would have happened. Do you secretly wish that now Grass?

Edited by Wacky Jnr

Should have just stuck with Howaythetoon and none of this shit would have happened. Do you secretly wish that now Grass?

Not one bit. It was either merge or no Howaythetoon or Toon-Chat for either of us. HTT was a great forum but the site was shite and now, as Newcastle-Online it is much better, forum and site. I wouldn't swap SMF (the forum software), the Gallery, the new site, the writers, the mods, for the old HTT site.

That had problems too, far more than what we're having now. When I started that, I was off-line for a few months and couldn't even access the damn thing because they cut the phone off, I spent and lost thousands on that site overall.

The problems suffered with that were all personal, today it's all technical server, software or programming problems. That's the nature of the web though. If you work with the web, you'll have those problems. We would have had them on HTT. In fact we did, it went down a few times. Plus all the hacks, all the changes. Nah, it was a nightmare that site. Well shot of it.

The forum, the community, I was sad to see that go and of course it would be good to have that back but you can't look back, you have to move on and that's what we've done or are trying to do.

I think I cursed it, I was just thinking about registering.

13595[/snapback]

You don't have to. :D Just log in.

13625[/snapback]

I just tried to register when I realised I already had :D