Luque CAN play football

Tom

He has got canny technique but like a lot of Spanish and Portugese players, he likes a bit more time on the ball than the pace of the game here allows.

168572[/snapback]

To be honest, in the last four games he's scored, and for the majority he's looked decent, and quite a threat compared to others.

Heres hoping his comments about feeling better than ever, and confirming his desire to do well here coincide with decent performances this season.

There's no reason he can't score goals like that for us. I want to see him starting games as I can see him being a big player for the toon.

168590[/snapback]

with him and shola knocking them in recently i cant see why we need to spend big on replacements tbh.

What's interesting on those clips (apart from his composure in front of goal) is that he actually shows some decent pace on occasion (such as when he out paces and out muscle Michel Salgado).

Perhaps he is faster than he has looked after his injury!

Tbh I remember him coming on against us for Deportivo and playing up the left wing, and he was pretty nippy. The injury to his hamstring definitely affected him there, and you could see last season that he was tentative with it. It's just whether or not he's completely lost that pace now or not.

Tbh I remember him coming on against us for Deportivo and playing up the left wing, and he was pretty nippy.  The injury to his hamstring definitely affected him there, and you could see last season that he was tentative with it.  It's just whether or not he's completely lost that pace now or not.

168612[/snapback]

He'll be sold soon anyway, so it doesn't matter. Can't see us keeping him once we've signed Ronaldo.

Tbh I remember him coming on against us for Deportivo and playing up the left wing, and he was pretty nippy.  The injury to his hamstring definitely affected him there, and you could see last season that he was tentative with it.  It's just whether or not he's completely lost that pace now or not.

168612[/snapback]

He'll be sold soon anyway, so it doesn't matter. Can't see us keeping him once we've signed Ronaldo.

168614[/snapback]

Aye no need once we've signed the Ronster.

tbh the stuff there doesn't make me that excited.

168644[/snapback]

Really? :lol:

He looks a player on there tbh - composed in front of goal, a hell of a free kick on him, and a turn of pace. He looks better than anything we've currently got in our side (including himself ;) )

tbh the stuff there doesn't make me that excited.

168644[/snapback]

Really? :lol:

He looks a player on there tbh - composed in front of goal, a hell of a free kick on him, and a turn of pace. He looks better than anything we've currently got in our side (including himself ;) )

168671[/snapback]

But The Fish misses Larry!

Er, not so sure what the fuck that celebration's all about though. It's like a slo-mo Keane/Hasselbaink. Sometimes in reverse too...  :lol:

168683[/snapback]

I think he's pretending to be a matador. ;)

Er, not so sure what the fuck that celebration's all about though. It's like a slo-mo Keane/Hasselbaink. Sometimes in reverse too...  :lol:

168683[/snapback]

Some sort of toreador thing, isn't it?

There's no reason he can't score goals like that for us. I want to see him starting games as I can see him being a big player for the toon.

168590[/snapback]

with him and shola knocking them in recently i cant see why we need to spend big on replacements tbh.

168595[/snapback]

Because the facing chelsea/arsenal/manutd is somewhat different to playing lillestrom and norwich.

168590[/snapback]

168595[/snapback]

Because the facing chelsea/arsenal/manutd is somewhat different to playing lillestrom and norwich.

168723[/snapback]

Duck.

168590[/snapback]

168595[/snapback]

168723[/snapback]

Duck.

168725[/snapback]

sorry, didnt get that.

168590[/snapback]

168595[/snapback]

168723[/snapback]

Duck.

168725[/snapback]

sorry, didnt get that.

168728[/snapback]

whhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooossshh!