"O'Neill nailed on for the Villa job"

Jimbo

I usually dismiss most scoops on Talksport, but they've had a call from a writer from the Birmingham Evening mail that O'Neill is nailled on for the Aston Villa job.

I find this very surprising if true, I would say he's gone for a minor job compared to the England, Middlesbrough and Newcastle jobs.

The bloke is an idiot if he's taken that job. Especially IF he did turn us down. His idiotic punditry performances maybe were the REAL Martin O'Neill then. A gibbering contrary tosspot is how he came across to me most of the time.

The bloke is an idiot if he's taken that job.  Especially IF he did turn us down.  His idiotic punditry performances maybe were the REAL Martin O'Neill then. A gibbering contrary tosspot is how he came across to me most of the time.

168786[/snapback]

Niall O'Quinn's dwarf brother tbh

168803[/snapback]

Not even from the same country mong-along; and if I confuse you with someone fifteen miles down the road there'll be trouble! :lol:

168803[/snapback]

Not even from the same country mong-along; and if I confuse you with someone fifteen miles down the road there'll be trouble! :lol:

168806[/snapback]

;) OK OK Niall O'Quinn's dwarf prodigal seperated at birth twin brother, I saw a similar thing in the movies once so it must be true ;)

It all depends how much money the new owners will make available to him. Villa have a decent mid-table team there under the right manager, a fair bit of money and the luck of the Irish and O'Neill may have them fighting for Europe.

Technically, Villa can still be one of the big clubs, if run correctly.

169132[/snapback]

Agreed.

By the way, Akabusi is a fucking legend, where is he to tell us who's next on the Roedster's hit-list?

Aston Villa call a news conference for 1830 BST on Friday to announce Martin O'Neill as their new manager.

I'm gutted by this. I can't believe we let a top class manager slip through our fingers and go to Villa. Compare his CV with Roeder's - what an absolute joke. That's another club I expect to surpass us this year.

I've said it dozens of times - you can forget about the playing staff - until you have a decent manager you are pissing in the wind. Maybe I'm wrong and Roeder will prove to be oustanding and O'Neill a flop, but somehow I doubt it.

I'm gutted by this. I can't believe we let a top class manager slip through our fingers and go to Villa. Compare his CV with Roeder's - what an absolute joke. That's another club I expect to surpass us this year.

I've said it dozens of times - you can forget about the playing staff - until you have a decent manager you are pissing in the wind. Maybe I'm wrong and Roeder will prove to be oustanding and O'Neill a flop, but somehow I doubt it.

170541[/snapback]

With the talk down here about how much money he could have to his disposal if the 'merican bloke takes over there is the big chance that we will face another strong competitor for European places soon.

But as Gemmill I hope he fails spectacularly.

I hope O'Neill flops badly at Villa.

170545[/snapback]

Why might I ask? Because they are our rivals now?

Shortly all we'll be reduced to is the mackemesque trait of hoping others do badly rather than we do well.

170545[/snapback]

Shortly all we'll be reduced to is the mackemesque trait of hoping others do badly rather than we do well.

170551[/snapback]

Because I'm a Newcastle fan and have no interest in any team other than Newcastle doing well. :blush:

It's all relative, Renton. Of course I'd like us to do well, but I'll also wish those around us to do poorly to aid our cause. It's hardly mackemesque.

Will you be checking Villa's results every weekend hoping they've won or something?

170545[/snapback]

170551[/snapback]

Because I'm a Newcastle fan and have no interest in any team other than Newcastle doing well. :blush:

It's all relative, Renton. Of course I'd like us to do well, but I'll also wish those around us to do poorly to aid our cause. It's hardly mackemesque.

Will you be checking Villa's results every weekend hoping they've won or something?

170553[/snapback]

Of course not, but I'm not specifically going to wish them ill either. I don't particularly like or dislike Villa, unlike some other clubs. But going by your logic you should repeat your post 19 times for all our "rivals". But yes, it's easier to dislike a club that is above you which is where they will be next May.

been reading some of the threads on the villa forum - seems nailed on now to be o'neill but they were shitting themselves earlier in case souness walked out. :blush:

been reading some of the threads on the villa forum  - seems nailed on now to be o'neill but they were shitting themselves earlier in case souness walked out.  :blush:

170586[/snapback]

I was always taking the piss out of the Villa season ticket holder I have to work with that the takeover fails and they get Souness. Doesn't look to happen though. They let people into the ground at 6pm and hold a press conference at 6.30.