Wednesday's gossip column

khay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gravesen certainly met his match then when Baptista stepped in, he's fucking massive!

169191[/snapback]

Seen him in the showers ?

;)

Gravesen certainly met his match then when Baptista stepped in, he's fucking massive!

169191[/snapback]

;)

169195[/snapback]

Slightly smaller than J69 I hear.

169191[/snapback]

;)

169195[/snapback]

Slightly smaller than J69 I hear.

169200[/snapback]

damn right boy ;)

recortejh1.jpg

Look at Robinho's face man! It's like a poor martial arts movie! ;)

169205[/snapback]

;)

WAAAA-TOHHHHHHH!

169211[/snapback]

Looks more like a facial expression of the realization that Graveson is about six times his match

Say we get Gravesen, who is a good player, I see it as another example of us just getting a player because he's available rather than because we need him or he will really improve us.

I disagree to an extent. We are short of quality in the middle of the park so he would improve our squad.

We are however in far greater need of two strikers, a left back (arguably a right back too) and probably a centreback.

I disagree to an extent.  We are short of quality in the middle of the park so he would improve our squad.

We are however in far greater need of two strikers, a left back (arguably a right back too) and probably a centreback.

170104[/snapback]

Aye, I take your point - still reckon we'd be signing him more due to his availability than anything else though. The situation upfront i sreally starting to worry me (I'm feeling a bit Rentonesque tbh).

I agree that we need Gravesen. We also don't need Faye and Butt who are unfortunately still on the pay roll and together pick wages in the region of 70k (together) every week for contributing nothing. We cannot afford another player before we have not get rid of at least one of them.

Put it this way we need Graversen.

But we are utterly fucking out on our arse 110% / potential 16th position shag Jade from big brother,pick up a penny, charity shop desperate for a pair of strikers.

I disagree to an extent.  We are short of quality in the middle of the park so he would improve our squad.

170104[/snapback]

Aye, I take your point - still reckon we'd be signing him more due to his availability than anything else though. The situation upfront i sreally starting to worry me (I'm feeling a bit Rentonesque tbh).

170108[/snapback]

I feel like a broken record but it really is getting stupid now. There is no way we should have allowed it to get to August without getting at least one striker in (and that's before we even knew Owen was going to miss the season). If we do now get someone in (and I'm not convinced we will any more) they are going to have no pre season games to get used to their team mates or new surroundings and they are basically going to have to hit the ground running and immediately start banging in the goals.

This pre season is begining to feel more and more like the one where Bowyer was our only aquisition.

170104[/snapback]

170108[/snapback]

I feel like a broken record but it really is getting stupid now. There is no way we should have allowed it to get to August without getting at least one striker in (and that's before we even knew Owen was going to miss the season). If we do now get someone in (and I'm not convinced we will any more) they are going to have no pre season games to get used to their team mates or new surroundings and they are basically going to have to hit the ground running and immediately start banging in the goals.

This pre season is begining to feel more and more like the one where Bowyer was our only aquisition.

170263[/snapback]

Agree completely, but you've just given it the kiss of death...

Edited by Fat Boy

A couple of weeks ago I was preaching patience, confident that something was on the horizon. Right now though, I think it's pretty clear that our transfer plans are in disarray - there's no way Roeder would be interested in intentionally waiting to get someone in. Something has gone wrong in our search for striker(s) and it's now a question of taking a gamble on someone or waiting until January. We can't afford to wait until January, nor can we afford a failed gamble.

It's not looking at all good. :blush:

A couple of weeks ago I was preaching patience, confident that something was on the horizon.  Right now though, I think it's pretty clear that our transfer plans are in disarray - there's no way Roeder would be interested in intentionally waiting to get someone in.  Something has gone wrong in our search for striker(s) and it's now a question of taking a gamble on someone or waiting until January.  We can't afford to wait until January, nor can we afford a failed gamble.

It's not looking at all good. :blush:

170266[/snapback]

That's why I said that we are heading into desperation again. I still think the acquisition of players should have started in May. Just stealing Duff at the right time doesn't justify this lack in strategic planning IMHO.

We're absolutely on our arse. It's not even like last year where we needed a striker and a left winger - and everyday in the papers it was Anelka and Boa Morte - ok, we got neither in the end but it was clear we had targets and were going after them.

This time, there's just nothing other than some spurious agent quotes about some Italian journeyman and stuff about Thomas sodding Gravesen.

Roeder is on SSN now - he's just said he's going to Holland twice in the next few days 'working as hard as they can to get someone in'. Mentioned the Amsterdam tournament, which is Ajax, Inter, Man Utd and Porto.