Wednesday's gossip column

khay

Roeder is on SSN now - he's just said he's going to Holland twice in the next few days 'working as hard as they can to get someone in'. Mentioned the Amsterdam tournament, which is Ajax, Inter, Man Utd and Porto.

170278[/snapback]

The fucker had better bring Kuyt or Huntelaar back with him double quick then!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roeder is on SSN now - he's just said he's going to Holland twice in the next few days 'working as hard as they can to get someone in'. Mentioned the Amsterdam tournament, which is Ajax, Inter, Man Utd and Porto.

170278[/snapback]

The fucker had better bring Kuyt or Huntelaar back with him double quick then!

170288[/snapback]

Watching players now in a meaningless pre-season friendly is not the base I would sign players on. So I hope he rather is going there to have immidiate talks. Though, I think Huntelaar is just wishful thinking, if at all we rather end up with someone like Charisteas who Ajax want to get rid off...

Guest Patrokles

To be fair to Roeder, he hasn't conducted any of his (albeit limited) transfer dealings or hopes publically, so I'm not sure it's time to pull a Chicken Little quite yet.

To be fair to Roeder, he hasn't conducted any of his (albeit limited) transfer dealings or hopes publically, so I'm not sure it's time to pull a Chicken Little quite yet.

170295[/snapback]

At the minute I think we're on at least Plan B, possibly Plan C. Things are not going well.

Kuyt had a shit world cup though, so we can't sign him.

170300[/snapback]

More importantly, his lordship didn't like the look of him.

170302[/snapback]

Was that just a cover for the fact we weren't really in for him/couldn't afford him? Load of shit either way like.

So if he's going to this Ajax thing, presumably it's to look at Martins?? Obviously we're not getting anyone from Man United, can't think of anyone at Porto (it is Porto that's playing, isn't it) we'd be in for, and that Huntelaar lad isn't going to leave Ajax for us, is he? (unless he's out of favour, can't say I know anything about his situation tbh).

Like Isegrim says, I would hope that we're actually going over to talk to a player, rather than for scouting purposes. It's FAR too late in the day for that, although if we are it's just further proof that our transfer plans are a total shambles.

Kuyt had a shit world cup though, so we can't sign him.

170300[/snapback]

So, you're still confident about Klose for 7m ... :blush:

170303[/snapback]

Sounds to me like he rejected us.

We've been rejected by either player or club many times this transfer window, we know that.

Guest Patrokles
So if he's going to this Ajax thing, presumably it's to look at Martins??  Obviously we're not getting anyone from Man United, can't think of anyone at Porto (it is Porto that's playing, isn't it) we'd be in for, and that Huntelaar lad isn't going to leave Ajax for us, is he? (unless he's out of favour, can't say I know anything about his situation tbh).

Like Isegrim says, I would hope that we're actually going over to talk to a player, rather than for scouting purposes.  It's FAR too late in the day for that, although if we are it's just further proof that our transfer plans are a total shambles.

170305[/snapback]

I hear we're there to talk to some of the central midfielders.

So if he's going to this Ajax thing, presumably it's to look at Martins??  Obviously we're not getting anyone from Man United, can't think of anyone at Porto (it is Porto that's playing, isn't it) we'd be in for, and that Huntelaar lad isn't going to leave Ajax for us, is he? (unless he's out of favour, can't say I know anything about his situation tbh).

Like Isegrim says, I would hope that we're actually going over to talk to a player, rather than for scouting purposes.  It's FAR too late in the day for that, although if we are it's just further proof that our transfer plans are a total shambles.

170305[/snapback]

We should have already known everything there was to know about anyone who is even remotely a target. A years notice is more than any other team would ever need to find someone to bring in.

And I know we had a different manager in for more than half that time but surely we still have the scout reports on file!

Just by the way, Klose said in an interview with Jormany's leading football magazine that there were inquiries by major European football clubs (i.e. not Newcastle) in signing him, but Bremen rebuffed them by declaring him unsaleable. But he expect Bremen won't stay in his way next summer.