The Open Training Day

Gemmill

8am - Shearer's Bar and NUFC Official Club Store open. Shearer's Bar has a 20 per cent discount on all food and soft drinks until 4pm and will be serving a breakfast barbeque until 9.30am. The Club Store is offering a 20 per cent discount on all stock except for adidas sale stock.

9am - St. James' Park Box Office open and selling tickets for Saturday's Villarreal friendly.

9.30am - Sir John Hall Stand opens to allow in fans for FREE entry. Music plays and Justin Lockwood, of Metro Radio and Magic 1152, will explain what is happening during the morning.

9.45am - Six 'lucky fans' are brought on to the pitch to take part in a keepie-uppie competition. Each will receive a signed football and the winner will also be presented with a NUFC training shirt plus two tickets for the Villarreal game.

10am - Mr Woo, the wold football freestyle champion, is introduced on the pitch and goes through his amazing array of tricks and skills.

10.30am - Newcastle United squad appears on the pitch for training. During the session, manager Glenn Roeder will carry a radio mic and speak to the crowd to explain training routines at various points of the session.

12pm - Training finishes. Five lucky seat winners - selected by stewards - will be brought on to the pitch and will each receive a signed NUFC football from captain Scott Parker.

12.05pm - Fans leave the stadium. Shearer's Bar and the Club Store remain open for discount offers. A barbeque will take place outside Shearer's Bar, and inside there will be screenings of last season's win over Sunderland plus the famous 1996 5-0 victory over Manchester United. The Box Office remains open throughout the day for the sale of tickets for the Villarreal game.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~876238,00.html

How many times do they want to mention that Shearer's, the club shop, and the box office will be open? ;)

And the screening the 5-0 Man United game. Cringeworthy tbh. ;):)

It's nice in a way to get kids involved with the club etc. but rather typically this seems to be a money making scheme rather more than anything else.

I like the idea of Roeder walking round with a radio mic, Cliff Richard style, telling people what different bits of training are "This is shooting practice where we .......... practiccccccce-uh shootinnnnnnng-uh"

I remember the one in 1990, that was supposed to be FREE for the family but they tried to fleece you for stuff then as well, and you had to get a fucking huge queue to even get in. My mate got his picture taken with Benny Kristensen and payed some overblown price to get it printed.

It sounds wank when they put it like that.

Something CLUB SHOP / SHEARERS BAR/ something/ Shearers bars, glenn roeder will come out and SHEARERS BAR/

Something CLUB SHOP / SHEARERS BAR/ something/ Shearers bars, glenn roeder will come out and SHEARERS BAR/

169793[/snapback]

;);)

I hope Roeder's running commentary plugs Shearer's and the club shop at every opportunity, too. "Zoggy is modelling the new training top which you can buy afterwards for a very reasonable price... while as you can see, Luque has soiled his attractive OFFICIAL club shorts after a dodgy sausage from the barbie at Shearer's, which will be serving piss-weak beer to you simple-minded cattle for hours after we've fucked off home so you can go back to your family afterwards and slur 'OMG we beat ManUre LOL' and ignore our current shortcomings... um... I mean look! Keepie-uppies!"

Breakfast barbeque? Pure class!

169785[/snapback]

Looking for a spit roast?

;)

169809[/snapback]

Remember, mongs must be accompanied by a responsible mongs, at all times.

Seriously, i'm going up ;)

169793[/snapback]

;);)

I hope Roeder's running commentary plugs Shearer's and the club shop at every opportunity, too. "Zoggy is modelling the new training top which you can buy afterwards for a very reasonable price... while as you can see, Luque has soiled his attractive OFFICIAL club shorts after a dodgy sausage from the barbie at Shearer's, which will be serving piss-weak beer to you simple-minded cattle for hours after we've fucked off home so you can go back to your family afterwards and slur 'OMG we beat ManUre LOL' and ignore our current shortcomings... um... I mean look! Keepie-uppies!"

169811[/snapback]

I feel its going to get embarrasing.

Screening last years derby well you know april 22 IIRC, is canny because it was class, but showing howay 5-0 is just bad.

If they plug shit continuosly then i reckon people will catch on. :)

169793[/snapback]

;);)

169811[/snapback]

Screening last years derby well you know april 22 IIRC, is canny because it was class, but showing howay 5-0 is just bad.

169820[/snapback]

I'll be up in Newcastle with the family tomorrow, do i need to buy a ticket in advance or just turn up if i fancy it?

169793[/snapback]

;);)

169811[/snapback]

169820[/snapback]

I'll be up in Newcastle with the family tomorrow, do i need to buy a ticket in advance or just turn up if i fancy it?

169840[/snapback]

Just turn up if you fancy it.

Its 'free' but theyl try and get there cash somewhere.

Showing a match from 10 years ago :blush::lol:

Fair enough if it was a cup final or something, but I wonder if Southampton show their 6-3 constantly?

Disgrace.

169894[/snapback]

Genocide is a disgrace.

Showing that match is laughable.

Should never have been called Shearers tbh

He's not synonymous with wild times in a bar, shuold have been Gazza's tbh.

Shearer should have got a stand