Cats or Dogs

Tom

Cats or dogs?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Dogs are loyal but stupid, cats are evil but occasionally entertaining

170008[/snapback]

Dogs are far more intelligent than cats.

170014[/snapback]

source?

170018[/snapback]

Relative brain size, ability to learn skills etc. Domestic cats general have better survival skills than domestic dogs though but that's got nowt to do with intelligence. Cat owners like to pretend their animals are too cool/aloof to train but you can't teach them to do anything because they're thick tbh.

170039[/snapback]

Bollocks man, they just aren't interested. Dogs are retarded the way they'll run for sticks and stuff. You throw a stick for a cat - it's not looking at you as if you've got something wrong with you for expecting it to go and get it because it's thick; it's doing it because you've actually GOT something wrong with you for expecting it to go and get it. :blush:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dogs are loyal but stupid, cats are evil but occasionally entertaining

170008[/snapback]

Dogs are far more intelligent than cats.

170014[/snapback]

source?

170018[/snapback]

Relative brain size, ability to learn skills etc. Domestic cats general have better survival skills than domestic dogs though but that's got nowt to do with intelligence. Cat owners like to pretend their animals are too cool/aloof to train but you can't teach them to do anything because they're thick tbh.

170039[/snapback]

Bollocks man, they just aren't interested. Dogs are retarded the way they'll run for sticks and stuff. You throw a stick for a cat - it's not looking at you as if you've got something wrong with you for expecting it to go and get it because it's thick; it's doing it because you've actually GOT something wrong with you for expecting it to go and get it. :lol:

170061[/snapback]

Applying human characteristics to animals isn't retarded though, right? :blush:

And you're talking shite and you know it.

so your definition of intelligence is the ability to obey commands?

I would have thought a Cat refusing to engage in pointless play beyond their juvenile stage is a sign of intelligence meself.

Dogs remain puppies until they die imo

I would have thought a Cat refusing to engage in pointless play beyond their juvenile stage is a sign of intelligence meself.

170069[/snapback]

I said ability to learn skills. The arguments that cats are cleverer is a bit like saying kids who do less well in exams are cleverer but can't be bothered.

If you have cats and you're a man, you're gay.  FACT.

170068[/snapback]

Quoted for truth,

170072[/snapback]

And for humour :blush:

Hamsters.

I love our cute hamster very much, he's very old now and close to death :blush:

170070[/snapback]

rats thathaven't the sense to grow up tbh

170069[/snapback]

I said ability to learn skills. The arguments that cats are cleverer is a bit like saying kids who do less well in exams are cleverer but can't be bothered.

170071[/snapback]

I am and I couldn't :blush:

I agree that if this was the only argument then yes, you'd have a valid point, but Dogs are fucking stupid. They've proven this time and again.

anyhoo

you're right about the cat-owning-bloke, Gay, connection.

dogs are for blokes, cats are women and the gays :lol:

170069[/snapback]

170071[/snapback]

I am and I couldn't :blush:

I agree that if this was the only argument then yes, you'd have a valid point, but Dogs are fucking stupid. They've proven this time and again.

anyhoo

dogs are for blokes, cats are women and the gays :lol:

170078[/snapback]

Stupid perhaps but more intelligent than cats. FACT-A-LICIOUS! All the cat owners that reckon their pets could be guides for blind people, sniff out explosives/narcotics etc. but just can't be arsed read too many fucking Garfield comic strips in the 80's tbh :lol:

wet dog smell is probably the worst thing on the planet afte cottage cheese

170084[/snapback]

Cats are shit at swimming too now you mention it :blush:

dogs are for blokes, cats are women and the gays :blush:

170078[/snapback]

Damn straight I'm right!

Want proof? Two words: Sigfried and Roy!

A few too many dog-loving mincers in this thread for my liking. :blush:

170092[/snapback]

Says the big huckle who got all sensitive when I pointed out cats were dense :lol:

Dogs without question!

Even putting aside all the contributions they make to life as guide dogs for the blind and deaf, police dogs, guard dogs theres one big thing that separates the two for me:

Cats are about the only animal other than humans that kills for anythign other than food/neccessity and not only do they often kill for fun they sometimes keep animals alive and piss about with them.

So its always bemused me when people tell me they have a cat because they love animals and then don't give a toss when their cat dumps various dead birds on their carpet! At least put a bell on the cat to give birds etc. a chance of hearing it coming if you love animals so much.

I don't actually hate cats mind like some do, but you i can't find animals that kill for fun and entertainment as particularly likeable!